A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:25:56 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KC Smokehouse BBQ  (Read 14310 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: December 19, 2012, 09:07:01 am »

That didn't' take long.  They are offering 1/2 off Groupons.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/smokehouse-bar-b-que-tulsa?utm_campaign=VisitorReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=anonymous

If you buy one, my advice is to use it fast!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:20:25 am »

That didn't' take long.  They are offering 1/2 off Groupons.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/smokehouse-bar-b-que-tulsa?utm_campaign=VisitorReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=anonymous

If you buy one, my advice is to use it fast!

Like before the Mayan apocalypse?

Isn't this TTC's favorite BBQ spot? I thought only all of the downtown restaurants were doomed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:25 am »

Like before the Mayan apocalypse?

Isn't this TTC's favorite BBQ spot? I thought only all of the downtown restaurants were doomed.

Every restaurant in this location is doomed.

Keep in mind the most successful restaurant in this space was Grandy's.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:30:00 am by sgrizzle » Logged
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:21 am »

Burnco has been my fav for 2 years now. Used to be Wilson's at 2:30 A.M. after MAGICIANS closed for the evening. Back in the days before I learned proper health maintenance.

Carl, once all the new eateries get open....just wait.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:43:18 am »

Burnco has been my fav for 2 years now. Used to be Wilson's at 2:30 A.M. after MAGICIANS closed for the evening. Back in the days before I learned proper health maintenance.

Carl, once all the new eateries get open....just wait.

No one does BBQ like Burnco. 

Has anyone bothered to try Capps about 1/2 mile to the west of Burnco?  I drove past yesterday and didn't look like they were doing much bidness.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:54:13 am »

Every restaurant in this location is doomed.

Keep in mind the most successful restaurant in this space was Grandy's.

True, that location is haunted, but the crappy BBQ doesn't help any.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:22:02 pm »

True, that location is haunted, but the crappy BBQ doesn't help any.

What? You act like you are some sort of expert on BBQ.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 12:42:04 pm »

What? You act like you are some sort of expert on BBQ.

You don't have to be.  My 4 year old wouldn't eat it and he can pack away half a rack at other places.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 03:54:08 pm »

You don't have to be.  My 4 year old wouldn't eat it and he can pack away half a rack at other places.

Are you trying to say even my Yorkie would turn his nose up at it?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 03:45:44 pm »

I disagree with gaspar's comments on this place. I thought it was very good. I didn't compare it to anything I cook or sell like he does to be fair. I compared it to the other BBQ restaurants in town I have been to.

We went today and my son and I ordered the rib sampler platters. He got beef and pork ribs and I got pork and baby backs. He got sweet potato fries and cheesy corn and I got baked beans and cheesy corn (my son ate my cheesy corn when I wasn't looking. He really liked it as a side). He has become a real fan of sweet potato fries this year and really liked these.

The beef ribs were big and cooked just right. They came with a little sauce so I asked for the regular and the spicy sauce. The regular was good and very strong tomato flavor and barely sweet. The spicy wasn't very spicy but had a slightly stronger vinegar flavor. The pork ribs were good too. They had just the right amount of crunch, yet pulled off the bone pretty easily. I liked them better than the beef ribs.

I thought the baby backs ribs were as good as I have ever had. The were very meaty and cooked perfectly. I will go back just for them. I asked about a to-go-order of them and if we didn't already have a house full of food for the holidays would have gladly spent $21 for a full rack to go.

The star to me was the baked beans. They had a great flavor and were clearly cooked on the smoker with the meat. They were very, very tasty.

I met the management staff and spoke for a while with a man named Daniel. He had relocated from KC to here to help get the restaurant going started. He asked me questions about recommendations for other BBQ places and wanted to try every BBQ place in town. He was very knowledgable about the menu and was good to talk to. They had a small crowd when I was there, but it was in the middle of the shopping nightmare that was 71st and Memorial today. They also put the TU/ORU game on the TV when we came in.

I used a groupon so we both ate for $20 (before tip). My son said it was really good and came home bragging about the food when we got home to his mom and sister.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 06:37:27 pm »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19533.msg254756#msg254756
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:32 pm »

They had a small crowd when I was there, but it was in the middle of the shopping nightmare that was 71st and Memorial today.

I had to go to Sears yesterday, mid-afternoon, and parked in the WalMart parking lot then walked to Sears.  What a mess.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 01:33:35 pm »

Closed!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 01:50:20 pm »

Closed!

So the question is:

Is that building the worst restaurant location in the city of Tulsa?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 06:32:52 pm »

So the question is:

Is that building the worst restaurant location in the city of Tulsa?

That or the Cosmos location since they left. It's been about 4 restaurants, including Costa Vida... twice.

Seriously, Costa Vida opened, went out of business, took the signs down, then someone else decided to give it a try and they put the signs back up.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org