A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:07:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Shootings the last six months  (Read 143939 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #450 on: February 06, 2013, 06:17:04 pm »

Unless they just go ahead and buy some fertilizer and rent a truck. 

They could do that, yes. Thankfully, we've made it somewhat difficult to do that. Not impossible, especially for a farmer, but still more difficult. Not to mention that ammonium nitrate fertilizer is tagged during manufacture so that it can be traced back to the source if someone does manage to make a bomb out of it and detonate it.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #451 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:09 pm »

They could do that, yes. Thankfully, we've made it somewhat difficult to do that. Not impossible, especially for a farmer, but still more difficult. Not to mention that ammonium nitrate fertilizer is tagged during manufacture so that it can be traced back to the source if someone does manage to make a bomb out of it and detonate it.

What?? 

Think about what you just said - if someone is gonna get a gun like the murderous suicidal psychotic white guys that have been doing this crap, how would being able to trace the fertilizer make any more difference than tracing something like bullets.  The intent is to kill as many as possible before checking out themselves, for the most part.  It's an "after the fact" scenario.  Much like the school shootings are.  NO prevention at all.

Farmer ain't gonna do that....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #452 on: February 08, 2013, 01:25:06 pm »

Why Italian Fathers and Grandfathers pass their hand guns down through
the family.

An old Italian man is dying. He calls his grandson to his bedside,
Guido, I wan' you lissin ame. I wan' you to take-a my chrome plated..38
revolver so you will always remember me."

"But grandpa, I really don't like guns..how about you leave me your
Rolex watch instead?"

"You lissin ame, boy. Somma day you gonna be runna da business, you
gonna have a beautiful wife, lots a money, a big-a home and maybe a
couple of bambinos."

"Somma day you gonna come-a home and maybe finda you wife inna bed
with anotherr man.
"Whatta you gonna do then? Point at you watch and say, 'times up'"?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2013, 09:41:41 am »

Oklahoma School Security Panel Plans Recommendations

http://kwgs.com/post/oklahoma-school-security-panel-plans-recommendations

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A panel of law enforcement and security experts is finalizing its recommendations for improving security at Oklahoma's public schools.

The Oklahoma Commission on School Security meets Wednesday as panelists discuss which of 39 draft proposals they will include in a list of final recommendations for legislative action. The commission will vote on its final legislative recommendations on March 5.

The 22-member task force is headed by Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb. It was formed after a deadly shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., killed 20 children and six school employees.

Draft proposals include more mental health treatment for troubled students, mandatory training for school staffs on bullying and emergency preparedness, and the creation of a school security institute that would coordinate and standardize school security procedures statewide.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2013, 09:49:48 am »

Was talking to a nephew last weekend who attends high school at one of the rural towns around Tulsa.  He is doing well with all the FFA related stuff from welding to growing soy beans.  One of the topics is "How to Make a Bomb".  Useful for blowing stumps and big rocks.  They are using small amounts of ammonium nitrate - 5 gallon can size - and diesel fuel.  Using an electric ignitor (like a spark plug) to set it off.  Makes a most satisfying BIG "cherry bomb" device with loud booms and bright flashes!!  My favorite kind of fireworks!!  I gotta go visit that school....

Bet the city folks didn't know THAT was going on.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2013, 10:32:00 am »

Oh yeah... knock me over with a feather.
Well, at least they're not making meth...
See, cuz if you outlaw meth, only outlaws will make meth.  /sarcasm

Rural town + boredom + teenage boys = ? ? ?

- I didn't last too long in high school.  I got kicked out, I got expelled.

- Why was that?

- I had a run-in with a kid one time and I pulled a weapon on him, I pulled a gun on him.

- What kind of gun?

- Nine-millimetre.  I could've made a mess out of that situation.
Could've been worse.  Could've been a lot worse.

- Could've been Eric Harris.

- It could've been.  

- So they kicked you out?

- Yeah, they kicked me out for     days or     days, whatever a full school year is.
For the longest time, that's what my plan was, to move out to Colorado.

- Colorado?

- 'Cause I've got family out there.  Matter of fact, one of my uncles is a janitor for Columbine School.          

- Really?

- Yeah.

- After Columbine, what was it like here in Oscoda?

- My name was second-highest on the bomb list, because of the reputation you get in this town.

- Why? You mean they did a list of--

- Of suspects.

- Of students who potentially...would call in a bomb threat

- after Columbine?

- Yes.              

- And you were number two on the list?

- I was second or third on the list, yeah.

- Why is that?

- Because the whole fact is, like I said, this town really gets people down.

- Yeah, but why did they single you out?

- Because I was a troubled kid.

- You were in trouble in school?        

- Oh, yeah.  

- Why did they put you number two on their list, after Columbine, of the students that could be a threat?
Come on, there must be a reason.

- Well, okay. The thing is, I have a thing, it's called the "Anarchist Cookbook."
It shows you how to make bombs and stuff like that.            
If there's anything that went wrong,
they're gonna come to me first. And I don't need that.

- Just 'cause you owned a copy of the book?

- Just because I own a copy--

- Never made a bomb yourself?

- No. Oh, I've made 'em.
It was nothing big; it wasn't even as big as a pipe bomb.              
It was just... some make it like a little tennis- ball bomb or something like that.
Out of the "Anarchist Cookbook," the latest thing I built...
I think, would have to be...I think I made it, like,
about a good five-gallon drum of napalm.

You know, homemade napalm.

- Kids knew that you were doing this?

- Yeah.

- So you were number two, then, on the list.

- Right.

- Who was number one?

- I don't know.  They never told me that name.  Which kind of made me mad.  'Cause I didn't make it to number one.
I know it's kind of silly, but I guess it'd been kind of an ego thing, knowing that I was number one at something in Oscoda, even if it was a bomb-threat list.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUSpszWfu_w[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:48:20 am by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2013, 01:11:18 pm »

Oh yeah... knock me over with a feather.
Well, at least they're not making meth...
See, cuz if you outlaw meth, only outlaws will make meth.  /sarcasm

Rural town + boredom + teenage boys = ? ? ?

And of course, you didn't actually read the words...not rural town + boredom + teenage boys at all...this is school sanctioned training.  During class time.

And there is lots of meth out in the country - that's where it's easiest to "hide" it...

And really... Michael Moore??  How "1999"....

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #457 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

This is a hoot!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafkVM-jnbE[/youtube]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #458 on: February 27, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »

This is a hoot!

That IS funny!!  Well, we have all known for a long, long time what an idiot Biden is.  Obviously he has never fired a shogun either.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2013, 07:46:13 pm »

And not to mention the fact that he is advising people to actually commit a crime.  It is illegal to fire a gun, shotgun or otherwise, aimlessly into the air.  Hey there gun law fans...you gonna do what Bubba Joe advises??   Yeah...well good luck with that!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #460 on: February 28, 2013, 07:16:27 am »

I love him.  He is the most adorable vice president we have ever had.

Our special little guy!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #461 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:30 am »

While we are on the topic:

#9 in this sequence was firing a pistol with a .60 cal elephant round. Don't try that at home.

I can't get it to link properly for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaV629VZzzA
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:29:19 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #462 on: February 28, 2013, 09:31:06 am »

Nothing like Hot Babes needing Medical attention after firing a mans weapon.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #463 on: February 28, 2013, 03:16:37 pm »

DOH:

An employee at a Texas public school was accidentally shot on Wednesday during a district-sponsored handgun safety class, KLTV reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/glenn-geddie-texas-school-employee-shot_n_2781762.html
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #464 on: February 28, 2013, 05:49:42 pm »

DOH:

Not everybody is ready to use a firearm, nor should everyone attempt to use one.  Joe Biden is more than ample evidence of that....

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org