A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:53:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 262428 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #540 on: April 13, 2022, 02:20:58 pm »

These bills all seem to want to keep that bothersome public from annoying the government. Yay freedumb!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #541 on: April 13, 2022, 11:10:28 pm »

These bills all seem to want to keep that bothersome public from annoying the government. Yay freedumb!

The government cannot operate efficiently if the public keeps interfering.    Sad

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #542 on: April 13, 2022, 11:18:21 pm »

I wonder how long it will take for companies to decide not to locate in Oklahoma because our Legislature and Governor keep passing bills which will prevent talented workers from moving here.  Maybe remote working will save us.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #543 on: April 15, 2022, 09:42:59 am »

A KTUL version of the story never mentions the part about the narrative not matching the video, but does question the "we dont make laws just enforce them" nonsense:

"Rep. Dills said the Tulsa County Sheriff's Department, Tulsa Police Department, and the City of Tulsa reached out to her about the bill.
"They were actually the ones that requested the bill. They were very much on board and officers have been calling me and thanking me for running the bill since we got it to the governor's desk."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #544 on: May 19, 2022, 07:13:23 pm »

Is there such a thing as "extremist conservatives?"

The Oklahoma Legislature gave final approval on Thursday to a bill that prohibits nearly all abortions starting at fertilization, which would make it the nation’s strictest abortion law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/19/us/oklahoma-ban-abortions.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #545 on: May 20, 2022, 05:25:42 am »

Is there such a thing as "extremist conservatives?"

The Oklahoma Legislature gave final approval on Thursday to a bill that prohibits nearly all abortions starting at fertilization, which would make it the nation’s strictest abortion law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/19/us/oklahoma-ban-abortions.html

Next up a bill that prohibits thinking about sex and enforced by private citizens!

Actually this is the first step to banning contraception as this runs right into the 'morning-after pill' - I'm sure they'll keep counting to potato beyond this. But, you know, small government and what not.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #546 on: August 24, 2022, 06:40:28 pm »

Another teacher quits because Oklahoma made it illegal to tell the truth in school classrooms!

School district comment;

“Like many educators, the teacher has concerns regarding censorship and book removal by the Oklahoma state legislature. However, as educators it is our goal to teach students to think critically, not to tell them what to think.”

Classic 1984 Double Speak!   (Has 1984 been banned yet??)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/24/us/oklahoma-teacher-resigns-race-and-gender-law/index.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2022, 11:46:10 am »

I wonder how long it will take for companies to decide not to locate in Oklahoma because our Legislature and Governor keep passing bills which will prevent talented workers from moving here.  Maybe remote working will save us.

Sen. Cody Rogers, R-Tulsa, plans to file a legislation that would prohibit classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity for kindergarten through 3rd grade. School personnel or third parties would not be able to have discussions that were not age or developmentally appropriate in any K-12 classroom. Under this legislation, parents of K-3rd grade students would be provided any questionnaire or health screening forms and must consent to the form before it is passed out to their child.

"Children are in school to learn, not be indoctrinated through inappropriate conversations that do not follow state standards," Rogers said. "The health and safety of students is a top priority, and this bill ensures that parents, school staff and the student are all on the same page about what is best for the child's wellbeing."

...because K-3 sex-ed is totally out of control?
/s

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #548 on: January 12, 2023, 09:57:22 am »

When the alternate-reality senator isnt trying to ban fluoride in drinking water...

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Senator Nathan Dahm, R-Broken Arrow, has filed a resolution to reject the insertion of Ukrainian troops in Oklahoma.

“These America Last policies of the current regime should not be tolerated in Oklahoma,” Dahm said. “We saw how recently the Ukrainian military fired a rocket into Poland killing two innocent civilians. We certainly don’t need them practicing here in Oklahoma where our citizens could be under the constant threat of a similar failure.”

Senate Concurrent Resolution 2 would direct the Pentagon to reserve course on their recent announcement to send 100 Ukrainian troops into Oklahoma for training on U.S. missile systems.

“We must put the people of Oklahoma first,” Dahm said. “We shouldn’t be allowing the unaccountable spending, corruption, and potential money laundering to now flow through Oklahoma with the presence of foreign troops on our land.”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #549 on: January 12, 2023, 12:00:28 pm »

Dahm is a Putin Apologist and psycho-phant.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #550 on: January 13, 2023, 09:45:28 am »

Dahm is a Putin Apologist and psycho-phant.

I saw a house with a Dahm sign in their yard. I can't imagine how crazy those people are to actually like the dude enough to do that.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #551 on: January 13, 2023, 06:04:15 pm »

I saw a house with a Dahm sign in their yard. I can't imagine how crazy those people are to actually like the dude enough to do that.

I have seen many of those sprinkled around Broken Arrow for way too many years!  BA is a pretty nice town for the most part but they are run as a theocracy by First Baptist and Rhema. 

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #552 on: January 13, 2023, 11:04:18 pm »

I have seen many of those sprinkled around Broken Arrow for way too many years!  BA is a pretty nice town for the most part but they are run as a theocracy by First Baptist and Rhema. 

I'm not surprised with Broken Arrow, for the exact reasons you mention. The house I saw was smack dab in midtown - talk about not fitting in. I can imagine their neighbors flip them off on a daily basis - I know I do every time I drive by.  Grin
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #553 on: January 21, 2023, 09:55:09 pm »

I'm not surprised with Broken Arrow, for the exact reasons you mention. The house I saw was smack dab in midtown - talk about not fitting in. I can imagine their neighbors flip them off on a daily basis - I know I do every time I drive by.  Grin

I very recently had one of my favorite phrases returned to me - and I love it!   I have created an earworm for someone!!!

Right Wing Religious Extremists.

Accompanied by the term Christian Taliban.  Very good!  But I would modify slightly, cause there is NOTHING Christian about them!  

christianist Taliban.

Also not deserving of a capital letter.
And this is why I also try to stay as anonymous as possible - they would come after me, without doubt!  In previous decades, the FBI was even "sicced" on me at one time.  I was told by one of the best TPD officers I ever had the pleasure to know that I had a file with them about 1/2" thick at the time.  He was high enough up that he was asked about me and had seen it and read parts of the file.  Mostly BS as would be expected.  Will let your imagination run wild about what parts may or may not have been BS.  That was back when there were paper files...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #554 on: January 21, 2023, 10:02:05 pm »

Oh, and while we are at it - is there anyone out there stupid enough not to understand exactly who it was that had "classified" documents show up in Biden's house?   

And just how big a fool do you have to be to say the White House should be searched for classified material??  Thinking people will get a mild little chuckle from that.   Trumpty Dumpty Minions will never understand....

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org