A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:16:53 pm
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 260536 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2021, 08:13:52 pm »

One of the last...

https://alcalde.texasexes.org/2020/09/one-of-the-last-people-to-live-in-an-iron-lung-is-a-longhorn/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #496 on: May 21, 2021, 09:36:10 pm »

Did you go to school here?  How bizarre would it be that we knew the same kid in school that had mild polio.  Two friends.  My friend was named Danny.  And Greg.  Also have a couple other family members that had it because vaccine wasn't quite available enough at the time....
No, grew up near Philadelphia, PA.  Family moved to OK in 1971.

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2021, 12:33:17 am »

A lot of us believe masks and social distancing helped slow the spread of Covid19 to reduce hospital overload and to buy time to develop vaccines.  You obviously believe in neither.  What would you have done to reduce or eliminate the spread of Covid19?  You also appear to believe that you have the right to infect others with Covid19.  Perhaps we should give all mask refusers a shot of Covid19 virus, not the vaccine, but a shot of the actual virus.  That would have quickened the arrival at herd immunity.  A lot more people would have died but we could have had herd immunity sooner.  (Not a path I would accept though.)

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines
They cannot give someone COVID-19.

mRNA vaccines do not use the live virus that causes COVID-19.
They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Are you old enough to remember Polio, Measles, Chickenpox, Mumps and more?  My grandfather survived Smallpox as a kid.  Many did not survive Smallpox.  I was vaccinated against Polio and Smallpox and got neither.  Vaccinations against Measles, Chickenpox and Mumps were not available, I got all three. One of my high school friends had a mild case of Polio which left him with a permanent limp.  Another friend's father had to live in an iron lung after catching Polio.  I remember seeing iron lungs being displayed in places like department store entrances as an incentive to get vaccinated.

The virus can enter the cell, but the vaccine cannot.  I find that rather interesting.  How does the vaccine get to the virus? 
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #498 on: May 22, 2021, 01:27:44 am »

The virus can enter the cell, but the vaccine cannot.  I find that rather interesting.  How does the vaccine get to the virus? 

You realize that the nucleus and the cell itself are not the same, right?

idiot.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #499 on: May 22, 2021, 03:06:30 am »

Through MAGIC you are incapable or unwilling to understand.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #500 on: May 24, 2021, 04:10:16 pm »

No, grew up near Philadelphia, PA.  Family moved to OK in 1971.

I knew PA for most of early life, but thought maybe you had done some school here, too....couldn't remember...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #501 on: May 24, 2021, 07:38:55 pm »

I knew PA for most of early life, but thought maybe you had done some school here, too....couldn't remember...

I graduated from high school while still back east.  (Sorry, I still cannot say I graduated high school.)

"Graduated high school" grates my nerves almost as much as "high rate of speed" referring to a car chase.  The former is just bad grammar.  The latter is technically incorrect as a "rate of speed" is merely acceleration.  Sorry, it's the engineer in me.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 08:43:19 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #502 on: May 25, 2021, 12:40:13 pm »

I graduated from high school while still back east.  (Sorry, I still cannot say I graduated high school.)

"Graduated high school" grates my nerves almost as much as "high rate of speed" referring to a car chase.  The former is just bad grammar.  The latter is technically incorrect as a "rate of speed" is merely acceleration.  Sorry, it's the engineer in me.

Well at least you understand and use proper English!   Managed to dodge that particular 'okie bullet'...!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #503 on: May 25, 2021, 12:43:52 pm »

The virus can enter the cell, but the vaccine cannot.  I find that rather interesting.  How does the vaccine get to the virus?  

Listen to something containing real science.  Not the Russian Fake Fox News and it's ilk, Newscrax and OAN.

There is much more good, valid, information available than you, or most of those here, are likely to understand.   Don't need to understand to that level of detail - all you have to do is understand enough to realize the earth is not flat. 

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #504 on: May 25, 2021, 07:06:34 pm »

From what I gather about mRNA vaccines its kind of like this... Usually an immune cell will attack something "foreign" after it recognizes the object (virus proteins in this case). The mRNA in the vaccine uses some tricks to get into the immune cells and then once inside causes the cell itself to produce the "foreign protein signal" which in a way gives the immune cells a fake "memory" of the invader so that if an actual virus carrying those proteins gets into the body, the immune cells are primed and ready to go to attack the virus so that it does not gain a strong foothold.

The vaccine does not "get to the virus" per say, it uses some fancy maneuvers to teach your own immune cells to... "get to the virus".

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #505 on: May 25, 2021, 07:36:25 pm »

From what I gather about mRNA vaccines its kind of like this... Usually an immune cell will attack something "foreign" after it recognizes the object (virus proteins in this case). The mRNA in the vaccine uses some tricks to get into the immune cells and then once inside causes the cell itself to produce the "foreign protein signal" which in a way gives the immune cells a fake "memory" of the invader so that if an actual virus carrying those proteins gets into the body, the immune cells are primed and ready to go to attack the virus so that it does not gain a strong foothold.

The vaccine does not "get to the virus" per say, it uses some fancy maneuvers to teach your own immune cells to... "get to the virus".

And it does not alter your DNA or invade the nucleus of the cell. mRNA is not gene therapy.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #506 on: May 27, 2021, 09:39:12 am »

A lot of us believe masks and social distancing helped slow the spread of Covid19 to reduce hospital overload and to buy time to develop vaccines.  You obviously believe in neither.

" But... but... but... FREEDOM!!!!!  "

The Oklahoma House of Representatives apparently heard its last few bills of the session Wednesday afternoon, including one that would prohibit schools, colleges and universities from requiring COVID-19 vaccinations.

Senate Bill 658, by Sen. Rob Standridge, also would make it more difficult for schools to impose mask mandates and would ban them from requiring unvaccinated students to wear masks.

Rep. Kevin West, R-Moore, and Rep. Jim Olsen, R-Sallisaw, couched the issue in terms of personal freedom and parental rights, while opponents said individuals should not have the freedom to jeopardize the health and safety of those around them.

“Every once in awhile it’s about community, about looking out for your neighbor,” said Rep. Forrest Bennett, R-Oklahoma City. “I think five, 10, 15 years from now, we’ll look back on this and some of us will think differently about it. I think some will feel a little bit embarrassed.”

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/house-passes-anti-vaccination-measure-may-be-finished-for-the-session/article_c17be01c-be47-11eb-9e96-d332432cd4bc.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #507 on: May 27, 2021, 10:25:41 am »

" But... but... but... FREEDOM!!!!!  "

The Oklahoma House of Representatives apparently heard its last few bills of the session Wednesday afternoon, including one that would prohibit schools, colleges and universities from requiring COVID-19 vaccinations.

Senate Bill 658, by Sen. Rob Standridge, also would make it more difficult for schools to impose mask mandates and would ban them from requiring unvaccinated students to wear masks.

Rep. Kevin West, R-Moore, and Rep. Jim Olsen, R-Sallisaw, couched the issue in terms of personal freedom and parental rights, while opponents said individuals should not have the freedom to jeopardize the health and safety of those around them.

“Every once in awhile it’s about community, about looking out for your neighbor,” said Rep. Forrest Bennett, R-Oklahoma City. “I think five, 10, 15 years from now, we’ll look back on this and some of us will think differently about it. I think some will feel a little bit embarrassed.”

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/house-passes-anti-vaccination-measure-may-be-finished-for-the-session/article_c17be01c-be47-11eb-9e96-d332432cd4bc.html

I thought there were already laws requiring some vaccines for kids to go to school.  What's different about this one?  For those parents wishing to lower their financial load by killing their kids, homeschooling is a option.

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #508 on: May 29, 2021, 12:36:27 am »

And it does not alter your DNA or invade the nucleus of the cell. mRNA is not gene therapy.

Why does Dr. Fauci's boss, Dr Francis Collins work with gene therapy?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:39:48 am by whoatown » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #509 on: May 29, 2021, 01:13:31 am »

Why does Dr. Fauci's boss, Dr Francis Collins work with gene therapy?

Just to irritate idiots.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org