A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:13:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 260420 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2018, 08:46:19 pm »

Inhofe, Sullivan, Bridenstine over 30 years.  Pretty monolithic. 

I believe the last D to win that district was James Jones in the mid 1980's.  Of course, that pre-dates our current climate of hyper-partisanism.  IIRC, JRJ was quite moderate and also from a time when being a Democrat in Oklahoma was really your only route to power. 

I was glad to see Jones ousted.  My dad went to many of Jones' town meetings.  Jones would say what the locals wanted to hear and vote the opposite when back in DC.  He was just as slimy as the rest of them.  Then, parts of south Tulsa and Bixby were folded into District 2 and had Synar.  He was no better.  I will agree that back then the only way to get elected was to put a D by your name for anything except the race for POTUS.  It was just as bad as needing an R now.  I'm not sure what changed the tide.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #406 on: April 13, 2018, 08:40:21 am »

Inhofe, Sullivan, Bridenstine over 30 years.  Pretty monolithic. 

I believe the last D to win that district was James Jones in the mid 1980's.  Of course, that pre-dates our current climate of hyper-partisanism.  IIRC, JRJ was quite moderate and also from a time when being a Democrat in Oklahoma was really your only route to power. 

He was both Dem and Rep... Xtreme Moderate.

Here is some of the stuff he sponsored or cosponsored.  In contrast to some of the urban myths told about him...

HR 4333 is of particular interest to me.  In stark contrast to Trump's comments about POW's.

https://www.congress.gov/member/james-jones/J000232

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2018, 12:16:18 pm »

You can be fairly certain that any article that uses the term "abortion profits" is written by someone who is not connected with reality.

Another Oklahoma Attorney General is suing another state, this time over abortion.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/political-notebook-oklahoma-s-attorney-general-goes-after-planned-parenthood/article_3bb8da19-102e-5002-a10c-58efcc841347.html

Where does the money to do this come from?  A teacher might know.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2018, 09:10:11 am »

Another Oklahoma Attorney General is suing another state, this time over abortion.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/political-notebook-oklahoma-s-attorney-general-goes-after-planned-parenthood/article_3bb8da19-102e-5002-a10c-58efcc841347.html

Where does the money to do this come from?  A teacher might know.

It's a staff attorney.    They need something to do to justify their job.     Probably no real cost involved, but yes....   Stupid stupid stupid.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #409 on: May 16, 2018, 10:18:54 pm »

A Republican gubernatorial candidate in Oklahoma said he’s received death threats after someone allegedly hacked his campaign’s Facebook page and called for the euthanization of poor, disabled people on food stamps.

Candidate Christoper Barnett insists it wasn’t him who made the inflammatory comments, which have since gone viral.
“Obviously, I’m not saying the Government should put these people down,” the Chrisforgov account wrote, walking back its earlier statements. “I’m just saying that we shouldn’t keep them up.”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/05/16/campaign-site-called-euthanizing-food-stamp-recipients-oklahoma-candidate-governor-claimed-hacked/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2018, 08:39:53 am »

A Republican gubernatorial candidate in Oklahoma said he’s received death threats after someone allegedly hacked his campaign’s Facebook page and called for the euthanization of poor, disabled people on food stamps.

Candidate Christoper Barnett insists it wasn’t him who made the inflammatory comments, which have since gone viral.
“Obviously, I’m not saying the Government should put these people down,” the Chrisforgov account wrote, walking back its earlier statements. “I’m just saying that we shouldn’t keep them up.”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/05/16/campaign-site-called-euthanizing-food-stamp-recipients-oklahoma-candidate-governor-claimed-hacked/

That is interesting...tough to believe that he was not hacked.  I want to believe he didn't do that.  But I have run across people who do actually believe in that.  So much sickness in the world...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2018, 10:00:14 am »

"Hackers did it" has only slightly more credibility than "the dog ate my homework."

If you want some real howlers, visit his campaign page at chrisforgov dot com.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #412 on: May 17, 2018, 10:41:32 am »

"Hackers did it" has only slightly more credibility than "the dog ate my homework."

If you want some real howlers, visit his campaign page at chrisforgov dot com.

Good L@rd that is one of the most messed-up front pages I have ever read.  Was this site hacked too?  I hope so, because otherwise there are too many issues happening at once, and all I can say is "bless his heart"...

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2018, 10:51:52 am »

Good L@rd that is one of the most messed-up front pages I have ever read.  Was this site hacked too?  I hope so, because otherwise there are too many issues happening at once, and all I can say is "bless his heart"...

Did this guy run a Shotgun Sam's?
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #414 on: May 17, 2018, 10:58:23 am »

He has issues with TU that stem from getting kicked out over a social media post, if I recall right. He insisted someone else posted it at the time but now seems to think his free speech right was curtailed. We may have a thread on it.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #415 on: May 17, 2018, 12:15:04 pm »

Good L@rd that is one of the most messed-up front pages I have ever read.  Was this site hacked too?  I hope so, because otherwise there are too many issues happening at once, and all I can say is "bless his heart"...

Bunch of BS psycho-babble...   Thought I had accidentally found the missing Breadburner web site...!

First, he flat out lies about taxes being raised year after year...  that's enough.  He is just as stupid as Gary Richardson (guy who wants to "make turnpikes free again...")

My bet is on the fact that he did all this himself to stir up something to get his name spread around...no one I know has ever heard of him before.  Granted that is a limited sample.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:19:06 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #416 on: May 17, 2018, 01:05:29 pm »

He has issues with TU that stem from getting kicked out over a social media post, if I recall right. He insisted someone else posted it at the time but now seems to think his free speech right was curtailed. We may have a thread on it.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/02/13/u-tulsa-student-banned-campus-over-facebook-comments-posted-his-husband

TU isnt exactly squeeky-clean on this one, though.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #417 on: May 17, 2018, 03:57:20 pm »

2nd worse, or worst:

Dahm and Roberts are trying to get a special session to selectively overturn uh reconsider any or all of Murr Fail's 133 vetos over the last seven years.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/area-lawmakers-want-special-session-to-overturn-fallin-vetoes-from/article_c5dcf37d-a8f6-55f3-b0e9-8c2d5357dee4.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #418 on: May 17, 2018, 04:27:53 pm »

2nd worse, or worst:

Dahm and Roberts are trying to get a special session to selectively overturn uh reconsider any or all of Murr Fail's 133 vetos over the last seven years.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/area-lawmakers-want-special-session-to-overturn-fallin-vetoes-from/article_c5dcf37d-a8f6-55f3-b0e9-8c2d5357dee4.html

And the Dahm dipstick is running for 1st District House seat!   Geez...moving to Ireland looks better every day... or Iceland.  Or Belize. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #419 on: May 24, 2018, 07:52:27 am »

Mick Cornett is relentless in his hammering on the pestilence that composes state government now.  I just happen to agree with him.

Does he not understand that we have arrived at this point due to the last 8 years of Republican control??  It's HIS people!!

He is partially correct - we should clean out the cesspool.  By voting in something other than more Republicontins....the same group that created the mess!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org