A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:48 pm
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 260538 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #330 on: October 02, 2017, 01:02:39 pm »

But then there is always hope....  Or is there....?

The darkness must go down the river of nights dreaming
Flow morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming
Into my life, into my life.   (1:47)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4G-hjfMR4U&index=11&list=RDZbpJb7hjb7M

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #331 on: October 02, 2017, 01:51:23 pm »

Congress Lets Insurance Program for Poor Children Expire, Oklahoma to Lose $49M

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/congress-lets-insurance-program-poor-children-expire-oklahoma-lose-49m

Oklahoma is a destitute family on the side of the road too stupid to pick up the money thrown at them.

So when we say Oklahoma has the 2nd "worse" legislature in the nation, it's Congress that's the number one worst. I get it now.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2017, 09:02:29 am »

Even Kansas State Supreme Court, as bad as it is, "gets it"... Even though the state legislature still doesn't...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/kansas/articles/2017-10-02/the-latest-kansas-court-says-hike-in-school-aid-not-enough

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2017, 05:15:03 pm »

This is from The Lost Ogle. Apparently the Daily Oklahoman, that definitive source of news, sports and weather on Bizarro World, has laid all the state's budget woes squarely on us Democrats. Never mind that the Republicans enjoy super majorities in both legislative branches and they have a compliant, ideologically driven governor.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2017/10/02/the-oklahoman-blames-democrats-for-states-continued-dysfunction/

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2017, 10:39:40 am »

This is from The Lost Ogle. Apparently the Daily Oklahoman, that definitive source of news, sports and weather on Bizarro World, has laid all the state's budget woes squarely on us Democrats. Never mind that the Republicans enjoy super majorities in both legislative branches and they have a compliant, ideologically driven governor.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2017/10/02/the-oklahoman-blames-democrats-for-states-continued-dysfunction/

Sounds about right - Coburn and Keating... I used to think that at least Coburn had a semblance of a brain, but he has shown it is gone for years now.   And Keating - just another small scale, wannabe,  Trump.

I don't even bother with that paper since I can just go directly to their source - the Murdoch Clown Show to see what they are gonna parrot.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2017, 03:50:03 pm »

As if we needed further proof of just how sorry the OK state legislature is - they have only known about this for many years.  And even in the latest 'special session' continue their Failin' - every step of the way!  Get your passport ready for January 22, 2018 !  You won't be able to fly without it.

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a13027232/new-passport-rules-domestic-flights/

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #336 on: October 19, 2017, 10:06:40 am »

As if we needed further proof of just how sorry the OK state legislature is - they have only known about this for many years.  And even in the latest 'special session' continue their Failin' - every step of the way!  Get your passport ready for January 22, 2018 !  You won't be able to fly without it.

We've done more than know about it, Oklahoma legislators voted unanimously to reject REAL ID in 2007.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
rebound
City Father

« Reply #337 on: October 19, 2017, 10:18:35 am »

We've done more than know about it, Oklahoma legislators voted unanimously to reject REAL ID in 2007.

Because, you know, "Obama"...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: October 19, 2017, 10:42:16 pm »

I heard mention the other day that pay and benefit cuts could be on the table for the Ok legislature.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #339 on: October 20, 2017, 08:03:34 am »

I heard mention the other day that pay and benefit cuts could be on the table for the Ok legislature.

Noise.  It will end up a raise all around.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #340 on: October 20, 2017, 11:30:55 am »

Noise.  It will end up a raise all around.

Well, of course!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2017, 10:59:14 am »

GOP Reaches Budget Agreement

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/gop-reaches-budget-agreement

Governor Fallin and the Republican leadership of the House and Senate announce a budget agreement. The announcement was made at a state capitol news conference this morning:

If passed by the Legislature, the agreement would:

Place a $1.50 tax on a package of cigarettes.

Provide for a 6-cent fuel tax increase.

Revise taxes on alcoholic beverages.

Restore the Earned Income Tax credit.

Provide for a $3,000 teacher pay increase, effective Aug. 1, 2018.

Provide for a $1,000 increase for state employees, effective Aug. 1, 2018. It does not pertain to higher education, legislators or constitutional officers, such as statewide elected officials and judges.

The plan does not include an increase in the gross production tax on oil and natural gas. That is something Democrats have demanded.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #342 on: October 26, 2017, 11:32:11 am »

Anybody know what they got on him?

Inman Quits Oklahoma Governor's Race, Will Resign from Legislature

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/inman-quits-oklahoma-governors-race-will-resign-legislature

Oklahoma House Minority Leader Scott Inman announced he is no longer running for governor — and he’s resigning from the legislature at the beginning of 2018.

Inman made the announcement on Facebook and Twitter Wednesday afternoon as the House debated Republicans’ $442 million plan to fix the state budget.

Inman did not vote Wednesday on Republicans’ budget proposal and was only briefly on the floor to ask questions about it.

"Why is it financially smart for us to vote for a plan that would require more one-time money and still leave a $400 million budget hole next year?" Inman said.

Inman said he can no longer ask his wife and children to sacrifice for him in his political career. He says he’s staying to see special session work completed.

He encouraged Oklahomans to continue pushing for public education, health care, criminal justice reform and a fair tax structure.

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2017, 12:05:43 pm »

Anybody know what they got on him?

Inman Quits Oklahoma Governor's Race, Will Resign from Legislature

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/inman-quits-oklahoma-governors-race-will-resign-legislature

Rumor on social media is that there is a pregnant staffer.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #344 on: October 26, 2017, 12:06:30 pm »

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahoma-senate-tells-house-add-gross-production-tax-budget-deal

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org