A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:45:55 pm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 262358 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2017, 01:36:09 pm »

When you see this and think - "maybe all our current sexual deviant congressmen will have another chance..."

Former Oklahoma Lawmaker, Felon Considers Running for Office

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/former-oklahoma-lawmaker-felon-considers-running-office

Now that is an approach I had not thought of yet - elect all the low-lifes so we get them all in one place so can keep an eye on them since they will be out in the open and everything.... We have a good start on it already - just need to fill in some of the blanks!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2017, 10:30:04 am »

This is what the extremist right has forgotten - IF they ever had enough sense or education to ever have understood it. 

Public education does not exist for the benefit of students or the benefit of their parents. It exists for the benefit of the social order.

We have discovered as a species that it is useful to have an educated population. You do not need to be a student or have a child who is a student to benefit from public education. Every second of every day of your life, you benefit from public education.

So let me explain why I like to pay taxes for schools, even though I don't personally have a kid in school: It's because I don't like living in a country with a bunch of stupid people.

– John Green

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #317 on: August 08, 2017, 01:43:29 pm »

And now we have another guy running for office in Oklahoma gonna "fix" our problems by finding waste in government and cutting it out.

Nothing at all about REALLY solving the budget problems...   Typical Republicontin Script.  Tiresome.  And hurting our kids badly.

R Jay McAtee.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2017, 12:40:11 pm »

Yet another one.  Ross Ford in BA district 76.

Concerned about;
Education
Public Safety (ex police officer)
Infrastructure

Gonna fix things by;
Eliminate government waste and reduce regulation
Eliminate "good ole boy" corruption
Put our interests over special interests

Ho, hum...   Tiresome, repetitive, derivative, monologue, drivel, of all the things that have failed in the past and will continue to fail in the future.  Because they won't do what they know must be done.

Seems like a nice enough, likable guy.  Just doesn't know what is needed in OK.  Or at least not admitting to it and talking about it.

Put state income tax back to pre-Failin' levels.  Raise the gross production tax to be equal to all the states surrounding us.   At the bare minimum.  Even Kansas has finally realized the error of their ways and started fixing things there.  

https://www.facebook.com/RossFordOK/

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:45:44 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2017, 05:32:42 pm »

And now we have another guy running for office in Oklahoma gonna "fix" our problems by finding waste in government and cutting it out.

Almost without fail, the first "waste" in line to be cut is education.  Teachers dont put up the same fight as the public safety unions do.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #320 on: August 10, 2017, 03:27:16 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/cigarette-fee-ruled-unconstitutional-by-oklahoma-supreme-court/article_948028d8-a7b0-5835-99ef-7b5c1ff4eaa2.html

...and now for Chapter 2

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00:32 pm »

Special session time.... at $30,000 a day...  Especially clever of those legislative hacks and Failin' to get some more money out of us.  Just when we can afford it the most!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2017, 11:22:51 am »

Lawmakers Prepare for Budget Cuts Ahead

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/lawmakers-prepare-budget-cuts-ahead

Oklahoma lawmakers have sent letters to state agencies requesting they give hypothetical results for a more than 3 percent budget cut.

The Oklahoman reports that the Oklahoma Supreme Court struck down a $1.50 cigarette fee earlier this month after Justices called it a tax. Legislative leaders are now inquiring how agencies would be affected by an across-the-board budget cut to make up for the lost fee.

The letters sent Thursday and Monday also asked the agencies how a cut in state appropriations would affect federal matching dollars.

Lawmakers and Gov. Mary Fallin have discussed how they might solve the state's latest budget crisis, which may lead to a special session. The special session would give lawmakers the opportunity to modify the state budget and spread the cut across other agencies.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2017, 11:30:27 am »

And we keep re-electing these idiots.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2017, 11:35:34 am »

As seen in the Tulsa World

The Guardian:  Oklahoma is broken
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2017, 12:11:02 pm »

Wow, lets start a new thread for that one...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #326 on: October 02, 2017, 10:59:17 am »

Congress Lets Insurance Program for Poor Children Expire, Oklahoma to Lose $49M

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/congress-lets-insurance-program-poor-children-expire-oklahoma-lose-49m

Health care for Oklahoma’s poorest children will take a $49 million dollar hit because of congressional inaction.

Federal lawmakers did not reauthorize the Children’s Health Insurance Program, or CHIP, by a Saturday deadline. Cate Jeffries with the Oklahoma Health Care Authority said they can prolong the program if they essentially start buying on credit.

"We can continue to fund the CHIP program through state fiscal year 2018, which ends June 30, by pushing out some of our provider claim runs into the next fiscal year," Jeffries said.

Other states may have to shut down programs as early as next week. Around 125,000 Oklahoma kids get everything from immunizations to inpatient care through CHIP.

With the loss of $70 million because of Oklahoma’s unconstitutional cigarette tax, the health care authority’s total shortfall for this year is nearly $120 million. They'll likely cut payments to doctors and hospitals to make up for the loss.

The savings are "approximately $8.6 million for every 1 percent decrease in provider rates," said OHCA CEO Becky Pasternik-Ikard.

Covering the budget shortfall entirely through provider rate cuts would mean about a 14 percent cut.

Oklahoma is a destitute family on the side of the road too stupid to pick up the money thrown at them.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #327 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:07 am »

Oklahoma is a destitute family on the side of the road too stupid to pick up the money thrown at them.

But handouts are for democrats!
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #328 on: October 02, 2017, 12:02:55 pm »

Congress Lets Insurance Program for Poor Children Expire, Oklahoma to Lose $49M

Too busy trying to repeal Obamacare.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #329 on: October 02, 2017, 12:27:52 pm »

From the article:
Lisa Newman, a high school teacher from El Reno, for instance, recounts a history of cutbacks, increases in class sizes, and her stagnant salary. She takes in less than $1,000 a month after all her bills are paid.

By this logic, I would bet very few people can make ends meet.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org