A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:54:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 263510 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2016, 06:12:13 pm »

Anyone who served in her administration or in the state legislature during her tenure should not be allowed to run for governor, state office or legislature. Republican or Democrat. Blank slate. Can I get an Amen and a petition started!?

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2016, 07:46:36 am »

Anyone who served in her administration or in the state legislature during her tenure should not be allowed to run for governor, state office or legislature. Republican or Democrat. Blank slate. Can I get an Amen and a petition started!?

I would sign it, but it won't work.  It's Oklahoma....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2016, 10:39:42 pm »

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A proclamation by Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin inviting Christians to pray for the oil and natural gas industry will be amended to be more inclusive of other faiths, the governor said Monday.

The two-term Republican said the proclamation declaring Thursday “Oilfield Prayer Day” will be revised to invite people of all faiths to pray for the industry, which has seen a recent decline.

Fallin has issued similar proclamations since she took office in 2011, but beginning last year the proclamation was changed to apply only to Christians. It was requested on behalf of a group called the Oilfield Christian Fellowship.

The proclamation says, “Christians are invited to thank God for the blessings” created by the industry and to “seek His wisdom and ask for protection.” It also indicates that Christians believe oil and natural gas are “created by God.”

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2016, 09:50:03 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/columnists/ginniegraham/ginnie-graham-oilfield-prayer-day-proclamation-wrongly-excludes-non-christian/article_012f5788-b792-5a6c-8657-c7168669fc13.html

“Whereas, Christians are invited to thank God for the blessings created by the oil and natural gas industry and to seek His wisdom and ask for protection.”
Christ didn’t spend his days praying over money matters. He was into saving souls, not increasing the bottom line.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2016, 10:50:15 am »

Don't remember seeing this yet, so.....

This years collection of state questions with some explanations.   Geez, we sure do some stupid 'stuff' in this state!  With one good one out of the whole bunch.

https://ballotpedia.org/Oklahoma_2016_ballot_measures

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2016, 05:14:25 pm »

Saw someone trying to defend the removal of separation of Church and State from the Oklahoma Bill of Rights because it its too vague. You see, the Court said the 10 Commandments Monument was an "indirect" benefit to religion, so the word indirect is too vague. Sure, the Court has defined it repeatedly to mean exactly what you think it would. And yes, it is used a dozen times in the constitution... but its totally vague and has to go. Not because we want to put our monument back up. Just because.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2016, 12:37:42 pm »

Ouch.

http://okpolicy.org/oklahoma-continues-lead-u-s-deepest-cuts-education/

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2017, 02:02:21 pm »

Oklahoma now #1 in gay-bashing legislation.

http://www.hrc.org/blog/hrc-freedom-oklahoma-to-state-lawmakers-dont-repeat-north-carolinas-mistake

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: March 05, 2017, 12:28:28 pm »

‘Do you beat your wife?’

Three Muslim students who tried to visit an Oklahoma lawmaker Thursday at the State Capitol in Oklahoma City were surprised when they were instead handed a questionnaire at his office. They would have to fill out the survey first, an office assistant told them, before they could make an appointment to see state Rep. John Bennett.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/05/muslim-students-tried-to-meet-with-a-lawmaker-they-were-first-asked-do-you-beat-your-wife/

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: March 05, 2017, 05:43:30 pm »

‘Do you beat your wife?’

Three Muslim students who tried to visit an Oklahoma lawmaker Thursday at the State Capitol in Oklahoma City were surprised when they were instead handed a questionnaire at his office. They would have to fill out the survey first, an office assistant told them, before they could make an appointment to see state Rep. John Bennett.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/05/muslim-students-tried-to-meet-with-a-lawmaker-they-were-first-asked-do-you-beat-your-wife/

The man has no shame at all. He needs to go play in traffic.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: March 06, 2017, 08:18:51 am »

They are also considering a proposal to forgive income tax for five years to anyone who moves to a county with a decreasing population.  This is brilliant, because just thinking about the idea - it makes little sense.  Presumably people are leaving those counties because of living conditions, lack of job opportunities, or SOME reason.  A 5% discount isn't likely to change those conditions.  But more importantly, Kansas already tried this.  They found that the measure failed to attract new residents, in fact, overall the exodus from those counties increased.

So - like our current fiscal plan, we looked to our neighbors, found what wasn't working, and decided that's what we want to do.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »

Arent we lucky to have a legislature caring enough to overturn the vote of the people to address the concerns of the lobyists?

OKLAHOMA CITY — By the slimmest margin, the Oklahoma House of Representatives decided Thursday that voters might not have fully understood what they were doing when they passed a criminal justice referendum in November.

With 51 votes, the bare minimum needed, the members passed House Bill 1482, by Rep. Scott Biggs, R-Chickasha, which in its original form took a big hunk out of State Question 780, which reclassified many lesser drug and property felonies as misdemeanors.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-house-reinstates-drug-felony-voters-axed-on-november-ballot/article_518300f2-96f2-5337-be3c-6e13ca493122.html

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2017, 08:06:48 am »

We are just doing what the people hired us to do!

(Excuse me sir, the people directly voted on that issue and disagree with you)

The people are dumb enough to have elected me, clearly they are too stupid to know what is best for them!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2017, 09:40:01 am »

If there is one shining victory in Drumpf being POTUS is that we managed to get rid of Scott Pruitt!

That is at least one small improvement for our state.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2017, 10:49:30 am »

If there is one shining victory in Drumpf being POTUS is that we managed to get rid of Scott Pruitt!

That is at least one small improvement for our state.

Think of him as a little pile of poop in the yard.  You wouldnt have noticed him unless you got close, but until someone stepped in him and spread him all around it wasnt as big an issue.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:08:55 pm by patric » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org