A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:21:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 260515 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2016, 09:25:23 am »

Whether the legislators have their tax sources replenished or not, the public will feel the effect of any oil recovery and tend to forget the failure of the state republican regime to govern effectively. Then they will resume their tilting against windmills and pass out the largesse to the top of the pyramid. That is our historical behavior.

I keep hoping this session will get people to see just how broken the Oklahoma GOP has become.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2016, 12:05:46 pm »

I keep hoping this session will get people to see just how broken the Oklahoma GOP has become.

Won't happen.  Too much 'stupid' residual still hanging around.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2016, 12:25:28 pm »

I have very low confidence in this.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2016, 11:30:03 am »

High Court Tosses Another Oklahoma Abortion Law

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/high-court-tosses-another-oklahoma-abortion-law

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma Supreme Court has thrown out another state law that would put new restrictions on abortion providers.

In a unanimous opinion handed down Tuesday, all nine justices agreed that the statute adopted by the Legislature last year "contains different and unrelated purposes" in violation of the Oklahoma constitution's requirement that legislation cover a single subject.

The law encompasses four abortion-related topics: minors and parental consent; tissue preservation; inspection of clinics; and legal liability for abortion providers.

The New York-based Center for Reproductive Rights challenged the law and the state's highest court subsequently blocked it from going into effect. The center sued on behalf of Dr. Larry Burns of Norman, who performs nearly half of Oklahoma's abortions.

Oklahoma's attorney general didn't immediately respond to a request for comment early Tuesday.

Money well spent.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2016, 03:05:10 pm »

Our esteemed AG Pruitt:

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2016, 07:12:41 pm »

What? Me worry?!

Pruitt thinks he's the next governor. Not gonna' happen.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2016, 08:46:59 pm »

What? Me worry?!
Pruitt thinks he's the next governor. Not gonna' happen.

I certainly hope that both parties nominate someone better.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2016, 07:06:24 am »

I certainly hope that both parties nominate someone better.

You mean when he runs for Governor, right?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2016, 08:08:55 am »

The idea of Pruitt running for governor isn’t what is scary.  It’s the idea there are people in this state who would vote for this idiot.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2016, 08:16:26 am »

The idea of Pruitt running for governor isn’t what is scary.  It’s the idea there are people in this state who would vote for this idiot.

Depressingly I think he would win.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2016, 10:02:18 am »

One step further - seeing the amount of support Drumpf gets, Pruitt is a shoe-in.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:03 am »

One step further - seeing the amount of support Drumpf gets, Pruitt is a shoe-in.

Remember, they booed Failin at the last OSU football game. Isn't that her alma mater? She may have peed in his bathwater.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2016, 03:23:52 pm »

Remember, they booed Failin at the last OSU football game. Isn't that her alma mater? She may have peed in his bathwater.

Oklahoma has a very short memory...she will be forgiven and he will be elected
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2016, 04:34:50 pm »

That was just a bunch of idealistic kids who are known Communists and won't vote because that is an act of support for the bourgeoisie Capitalist Pigs that have ruined everything anyway!  If they did vote, it would be for Stein and never in a state election!!

Lol....!!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2016, 04:52:00 pm »

You mean when he runs for Governor, right?

Pruitt, yes.  I hope not.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org