A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:54:35 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 262445 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:11 pm »

Oklahoma House Committee to Hear Conversion Therapy Measure

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahoma-house-committee-hear-conversion-therapy-measure

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Legislation that would prohibit the state from regulating the practice of "conversion therapy" is scheduled to be heard in an Oklahoma House committee.

Conversion therapy involves a range of practices that are aimed at changing one's sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Other states have passed legislation to ban the practice.

The bill by Republican state Rep. Sally Kern of Oklahoma City is opposed by major medical and psychological associations who say conversion therapy is a dangerous and discredited practice. They say Kern's bill is the first of its kind in the U.S.

Kern's bill authorizes a mental health provider to engage in sexual orientation change efforts with a child under 18 and prohibits state officials from interfering in those efforts.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2015, 01:24:43 pm »

Oklahoma House Committee to Hear Conversion Therapy Measure

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahoma-house-committee-hear-conversion-therapy-measure

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Legislation that would prohibit the state from regulating the practice of "conversion therapy" is scheduled to be heard in an Oklahoma House committee.

Conversion therapy involves a range of practices that are aimed at changing one's sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Other states have passed legislation to ban the practice.

The bill by Republican state Rep. Sally Kern of Oklahoma City is opposed by major medical and psychological associations who say conversion therapy is a dangerous and discredited practice. They say Kern's bill is the first of its kind in the U.S.

Kern's bill authorizes a mental health provider to engage in sexual orientation change efforts with a child under 18 and prohibits state officials from interfering in those efforts.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:29:18 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2015, 01:58:18 pm »

Damn it, Townsend, leave the photo out.  Now I must go gouge my eyes out!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2015, 02:54:07 pm »

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »

At least they stopped using her glamour shot with the feather boa.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2015, 03:58:37 pm »

Dear God man, have you no soul?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2015, 12:38:00 pm »

Brace yourselves...

Muslim Day at the Capitol

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/muslim-day-capitol

Muslims and members of other faith groups will rally and meet with lawmakers Friday. It’s the first annual Muslim Day at the Oklahoma State Capitol.

Extra security will be on hand, and protests are expected. But Adam Soltani with the Council on American-Islamic Relations says there’s been an outpouring of support for the Muslim community.

Soltani says the goal is to encourage Oklahoma Muslims to be active participants in the democratic process.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:55 pm »

This story was in the Whirled last week (?), with predictable comments from some of our pointy headed fellow citizens.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2015, 07:19:55 pm »

In OKC, proper pronunciation is “Moose Limb"

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2015, 11:59:36 am »

In OKC, proper pronunciation is “Moose Limb"

Some really ugly photos of protesters on the World site. Apparently took sign making courses from a certain "church" in Topeka.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2015, 12:23:25 pm »

Some really ugly photos of protesters on the World site. Apparently took sign making courses from a certain "church" in Topeka.

How many legislators in the crowd?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2015, 01:47:13 pm »

The video below is particularly sickening. Like something out of school desegregation.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/despite-planned-protests-oklahoma-muslim-day-at-the-capitol-expects/article_caf6dfa8-ee8c-5f5d-8950-7e4cd6ed0acb.html
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2015, 02:08:19 pm »

Couldn't get the video to come up, but if it is like the school segregation stuff, then you are right - the uneducated voters amongst us.

Can tell just from the signs and the text of the report just exactly how stupid these people are - if anything they spewed was true, then instead of people peacefully going into the capital, they would have been martyr bound jihadists who would have taken out all the protestors.  Kind of a self-limiting situation.

Since they did not, it proves that the lies they have been getting from O'Reilly/Hannity/Limbaugh are exactly that - lies.

Ignorance and stupidstition reign in this state!!

First ya gotta be smarter than a box of rocks....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:10:48 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2015, 12:21:00 pm »

So I'm thinking whoever places these stories doesn't like the governor much.  This is the picture used every time.

Bill Gives Oklahoma Governor Sweeping New Powers

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/bill-gives-oklahoma-governor-sweeping-new-powers

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma's governor would have broad new powers to appoint the directors of ten different state entities under a bill being considered by a Senate committee.

Broken Arrow Republican state Sen. Nathan Dahm is expected to present the bill Monday in the Senate General Government Committee that he chairs. It calls for the heads of ten different state agencies and boards to be fired effective Jan. 1 and allows the governor to name their replacement.

Dahm did not return telephone messages seeking comment about his bill.

Gov. Mary Fallin's spokesman Alex Weintz says his office did not request the bill, but does support its intent.

Among the affected agencies are the Oklahoma Health Care Authority and Office of Juvenile Affairs.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org