A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:31:09 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 262041 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 09:46:39 pm »

You can be fairly certain that any article that uses the term "abortion profits" is written by someone who is not connected with reality.

Just like any article which uses the term "war on women".

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 11:06:40 am »

Expect More Conservative Bills

http://kwgs.com/post/expect-more-conservative-bills

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Emboldened by further gains at the ballot box in November, Oklahoma's Republican leaders say they remain committed to improving the state's economy by focusing on creating jobs and a business friendly environment.

But with nearly two dozen new Republican members, GOP leaders acknowledge they also expect to see even more conservative legislation this session that pushes the envelope on hot-button social issues like guns, abortion and immigration.

Although the bill filing deadline is still two weeks away, Senate measures are beginning to trickle in, some of which reflect the conservative ideology of the 36-member strong Republican caucus.

At least two measures have been filed to limit the activities of groups connected to Agenda 21, a plan developed by the United Nations to help cities and countries become more environmentally sustainable.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 01:36:47 pm »

You mean to tell me that an even larger conservative majority plans on filing even more conservative-premised bills? Shocka....

And here I though the repubs were dead and buried.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 01:38:52 pm »

And here I though the repubs were dead and buried.

It's Oklahoma.  Politically and intellectually, the term "Oklahoma legislator" could be used as an insult.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »

The problem with political jokes is they get elected. – Henry Cate VII

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 02:09:57 pm »

It's Oklahoma.  Politically and intellectually, the term "Oklahoma legislator" could be used as an insult.

No doubt since the republicans took control in 2008. Before then, everything was a-okay.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »

No doubt since the republicans took control in 2008. Before then, everything was a-okay.

That's not what I remember but your opinion is yours to have.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:32 pm »

There's a sunburned neck, big belt buckle, mouth breathing response.

He's not bright enough for that.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:41 pm »

Feel free to "GTFO" if you don't like it....!

No.  Just change it until these types leave.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 11:16:48 pm »

Oh goody, another "Oklahoma sucks" thread. And from "Mother Jones" to boot. What's the matter, DailyKos or MSNBC not covering Oklahoma this week?

What...reality casting a pall on those rose colored glasses??

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:50 pm »

I used to be able to do that by voting Republican for local and state elections.

Actually, no you never did.  You were way too young to vote for Page Belcher.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 11:21:32 pm »

No.  Many things have been messed up in Oklahoma for a long time.  Go drive the turnpikes again.  That's one of the most obvious symptoms.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 01:39:20 pm »

I don't agree with Oklahoma's legislature as being the worst in the nation, Nebraska has a one-house system they call it a "UniCaminal" and it does not work well at all. Oklahoma is doing pretty darn good with low unemployment and low taxes and a low cost of living, it's hard to beat that. We have a good Governor who works for the people. Oklahoma is OK compaired to many other states. I have lived in 5 states.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 01:40:47 pm »

Nebraska has a one-house system they call it a "UniCaminal"

No they don't.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 01:56:40 pm »

I don't agree with Oklahoma's legislature as being the worst in the nation, Nebraska has a one-house system they call it a "UniCaminal" and it does not work well at all. Oklahoma is doing pretty darn good with low unemployment and low taxes and a low cost of living, it's hard to beat that. We have a good Governor who works for the people. Oklahoma is OK compaired to many other states. I have lived in 5 states.

I've run out of facepalm images.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org