A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:04:25 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forest Orchard / Pearl District Corridor  (Read 47239 times)
davideinstein
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:48:02 pm »

I'm unsure what the technical name for this area is, and I know there is a long term plan for Hillcrest here, but what should we do economically for the buildings along 11th Street between Utica & Peoria? Seems like an overlooked area right in the middle of everything.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:38 am »

I drive through this area most days.  One of those buildings appears to have been gutted and is currently supported with wooden beams, but there has been no work on it in months.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

I'm unsure what the technical name for this area is, and I know there is a long term plan for Hillcrest here, but what should we do economically for the buildings along 11th Street between Utica & Peoria? Seems like an overlooked area right in the middle of everything.

You're right, 11th St is the dividing line between Forest Orchard and the Pearl District. I guess officialy its part of Route 66 and it sure is due for some attention.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 03:49:39 pm »

Just bumping this because there are some positive new developments along this stretch of 11th with the rehabbed building at Rockford and one under construction at Quincy.  Lots of cool local businesses have set up shop in the past couple years. 

Anyone know what Hillcrest plans to do with the empty lots between 13th St and 13th Pl west of Utica? 

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 06:22:10 pm »

Its due to be a physical rehabilitation center. I'm not sure Hillcrest has anything to do with it though.

onward...through the fog
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 10:25:09 am »

Its due to be a physical rehabilitation center. I'm not sure Hillcrest has anything to do with it though.

The land was owned by the Lutheran church. I'm betting a certain Utical Medical Corridor loving developer has this now.
saintnicster
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:42:01 am »

Anyone know what Hillcrest plans to do with the empty lots between 13th St and 13th Pl west of Utica? 
The land was owned by the Lutheran church. I'm betting a certain Utical Medical Corridor loving developer has this now.
Are we talking about these? http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20797.msg291470#msg291470
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 12:15:12 pm »

They tore down the house my wife and I rented together after we first started dating for this Shocked(
We loved that crooked porched house with the red door so they better do something nice down there!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:10:27 pm by Weatherdemon » Logged
davideinstein
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 11:29:52 pm »

Is this the next boom area? It's gradually still developing four years after my original post.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 02:32:32 pm »

Is this the next boom area? It's gradually still developing four years after my original post.

The area south of Hillcrest and the Heart facility (north of the BA) is slotted to be expansion for Hillcrest.

The Pearl District is really coming along though. Has anyone been down 11th from Peoria to Utica recently? At least 8 buildings have been remodelled already with several new shops and there are 3-4 larger street-front buildings with ongoing renovations. It is creating quite a significant "South Pearl District" to compliment the main Pearl District area on 6th. Studio Soul is a really neat bar/concert venue.

If it can keep up at this rate, maybe Cherry St will sort of overflow north and help turn that neighborhood around (which has mostly already happened between Utica & Lewis on 13th st/pl).
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 06:29:06 pm »

Slotted by who?

onward...through the fog
davideinstein
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 07:40:35 pm »

The area south of Hillcrest and the Heart facility (north of the BA) is slotted to be expansion for Hillcrest.

The Pearl District is really coming along though. Has anyone been down 11th from Peoria to Utica recently? At least 8 buildings have been remodelled already with several new shops and there are 3-4 larger street-front buildings with ongoing renovations. It is creating quite a significant "South Pearl District" to compliment the main Pearl District area on 6th. Studio Soul is a really neat bar/concert venue.

If it can keep up at this rate, maybe Cherry St will sort of overflow north and help turn that neighborhood around (which has mostly already happened between Utica & Lewis on 13th st/pl).

I drive by daily. I think this is the best geographic location for development in the entire city.

Isn't there a master plan for Hillcrest and medical related development all the way to Peoria?
rdj
City Father

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »

Slotted by who?

Last I heard it was a senior care facility south of Hillcrest.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 11:01:11 pm »

Last I heard it was a senior care facility south of Hillcrest.

Parkside is building a new mental health facility at the NE corner of 13th & Trenton.  $38 million, 5 story building with 80 beds.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/parkside-psychiatric-hospital-to-more-than-double-in-patient-mental/article_178faa01-722e-57a2-8c0b-165425ca329e.html

Still a lot of vacant lots south of 13th, anyone know what the plan is for that area along Utica?

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 08:35:09 am »

Parkside is building a new mental health facility at the NE corner of 13th & Trenton.  $38 million, 5 story building with 80 beds.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/parkside-psychiatric-hospital-to-more-than-double-in-patient-mental/article_178faa01-722e-57a2-8c0b-165425ca329e.html

Still a lot of vacant lots south of 13th, anyone know what the plan is for that area along Utica?

That is good news!

Also, the Tulsa Center is building an Adaptive Sports Complex at the empty lot on the NE corner of 11th and Utica:
http://www.tulsacenter.org/who-we-are/facility/dream-big-expansion/

There are a lot of empty lots around there. I guessed the hospitals bought them for future expansion and perhaps to create sort of a buffer from the rough neighborhoods around there. They demolished quite a few apartments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org