A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:08:41 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Makes (Libertarian) Reason Magazine  (Read 2145 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: December 10, 2012, 02:55:20 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFfQSCL_5_g&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:43:03 pm »

Those dern previous administrations!

"Kickin' those cans down da road....." when you get rid of police vehicles, someday you will need to get them back into circulation, Dewey.

"Might have had to lay some people off..." Privatization is the way?

"What's the deal here?" You convert the old city hall, but spend $5 million to get a road in thar?

Come now. Is this bs inherent to Republicans?

Just as I was recovering from all the 2012 camPAIN ads, you post the latest Angry...

We need a progressive mayor....not some wanna be lib (ertarian)

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 04:18:00 pm »

"Kickin' those cans down da road....." when you get rid of police vehicles, someday you will need to get them back into circulation, Dewey.

"What's the deal here?" You convert the old city hall, but spend $5 million to get a road in thar?

Just as I was recovering from all the 2012 camPAIN ads, you post the latest Angry...

Don't worry, there will always be opportunities to elect a progressive mayor, fill parking lots with idle Priuses, buy buildings to keep them out of the hands of evil developers, and grow government.

Sky's the limit.

Dewey may not be a rocket scientist, but he took a simple common sense approach to city government, and it is working.  He recognized shortfalls and immediately looked at expenditures and waste instead of revenue schemes. Government is best when it is small, simple and uncomplicated.  All he did was look around and ask "why are we doing this, and this, and this, and this?" 

The amazing part was that he did all of this durring an economic downturn, with lower revenue, and it resulted in a balanced budget.  When many cities across the country are in the red, and the most "Progressive" of those are actually going bankrupt, we are healthy and sustainable.

It seems that city government is not rocket science. It just takes someone with a reasonable approach.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »

"Thank god fer me someone in my family did something smart way back, otherwise I would be foobared..!!....^^^^

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org