A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:13:57 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Tulsa Mayor's race  (Read 13080 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 09:09:10 pm »

I like Dewey Bartlett. He had quite a rough start but seems to have really found lots of success lately. He has always been very good to me and my employer. I also am friends with Bill Christiansen and he really supported our recycling initiatives. Of all the councilors, he made the most outreach to neighborhoods leaders. I could support either one of them, but probably wouldn't get very involved in the race between them.

But if she runs, Kathy Taylor would get my vote. I have worked for fifty plus Mayors in all the towns around Tulsa and of all of them, she was the smartest and the hardest worker. Most importantly, she did what she thought was right and not just what was popular or safe.

It is probably stupid of me and my career to get involved in Mayoral elections, but I believe in her. She made Tulsa better.

I will agree that KT got a lot done as mayor and there was usually little in the way of controversy with her, outside of the whole living in Florida thing during the election.

I was, however, a little miffed at the way it appeared, at least to me, that she shouldered most of the kudos for Vision2025.  The largest part of that (the BOK Center) was completed on her watch.  I remember watching the address she made at the open house the weekend it opened.  Mayor LaFortune (who did ALL the legwork for it) was there, and she essentially gave him a t-shirt...quite literally "I did all this and all I got was this stinking t-shirt".

Other than that, I have no issues with her.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 10:09:44 pm »

I will agree that KT got a lot done as mayor and there was usually little in the way of controversy with her, outside of the whole living in Florida thing during the election.

I was, however, a little miffed at the way it appeared, at least to me, that she shouldered most of the kudos for Vision2025.  The largest part of that (the BOK Center) was completed on her watch.  I remember watching the address she made at the open house the weekend it opened.  Mayor LaFortune (who did ALL the legwork for it) was there, and she essentially gave him a t-shirt...quite literally "I did all this and all I got was this stinking t-shirt".

Other than that, I have no issues with her.

I never really gathered she took "credit" for V-2025.  She did happen to be the mayor though when the BOK opened so, yes, she was really visible around the project's crown jewel at that time, as I suspect any presiding mayor is when a major arena or ball field opens...even if it had been in the works many years before they took office.

In all honesty, she's probably one of the more humble public servants I've gotten to know.  She was truly interested in individual input and when I was in several meetings with her regarding the 2007 time capsule you knew you had her ear even when all the other committee members looked like they were about to fall asleep.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »

You live in Owasso, right?

Yep.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org