A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:54:32 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Boortz - loser  (Read 49327 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

GG:

That is a list of companies that laid off workers in the last year compiled by a hyper-partisan blogger.

I doubt any of it is true or related to Obama.

Power is nothing till you use it.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 08:20:12 pm »

GG:

That is a list of companies that laid off workers in the last year compiled by a hyper-partisan blogger.

I doubt any of it is true or related to Obama.

But I found it on the internet, it has to be true........................ Cool

Trust but verify
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 08:23:43 pm »

Same thing about Neil Boortz, most of what he says is for entertainment value.   

Trust but verify
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 06:59:02 am »

Same thing about Neil Boortz, most of what he says is for entertainment value.   

You would think that he would actually BE, ...oh, I don't know...maybe... entertaining??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 07:00:08 am »

She needs to pull herself up by her bootstraps and learn how on her own!

"A well trained militia...."

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 07:10:44 am »

They have been announced since the election and the stock market has lost over 300 points.    I would say there as some Captains of Capitalism that are not too happy right now.  Roll Eyes

But what about personal responsibility - and their mandate from the basic grant (by government law) of the establishment of an organization that is granted preferential treatment AS a corporation?  A corporation is a created structure with a responsibility to not just the stock holders, but the workers who actually create the wealth, and the society that grants that special dispensation - real people as opposed to contrived interpretations paid for by extreme rightists who have benefited from that structure and now turn it on the society that provided the opportunity in the first place.  Instead, we have selfish, immature little "robber baron children" who feel an all encompassing sense of entitlement that they are the "chosen ones" and the other 99% are merely the life support system for their lifestyle - "You didn't vote the way I wanted, so I'm gonna fire you..."

Captains of Capitalism along the lines of Captain Jack Sparrow perhaps??

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
(Thanks, nathan!)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:16:52 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 08:02:57 am »

They have been announced since the election and the stock market has lost over 300 points.    I would say there as some Captains of Capitalism that are not too happy right now.  Roll Eyes

It's just those evil 1%ers.  We sold off on Wed morning.  It was obvious with the election results that the fiscal cliff would not be resolved, only kicked down the road.  We'll buy back in when there is some stability.  Futures for today are pulling another -70-90, on Dow.  

I pray that the president will actually work with congress this time and not play the same game he did last time after an agreement was reached.  No one expects leadership from the president, so we will likely have to wait until next year.  Unfortunately, because of intrest rates, bonds are trash too, and Bernanke has pledged to make that even worse.  Buffett is buying as well as some of the other big houses that dumped their gains before the election, so perhaps the big Wall Street interests will see opportunity and bolster some sectors.  Again, it's the smaller traded businesses that will struggle with 4 more years of uncertainty and weak leadership.

Lets place our bets on today's close.  I'm shooting for -67.

Massive downgrades this morning.  Companies with large workforces like Disney and GM.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:06:36 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 08:24:09 am »

So the stock market price is all on Obama?

I guess more proof that we needed Obama. Under the eight years of Bush, the market finished down 23%. Even with a couple of bad days, the stock market under Obama is up over 50%.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2012, 08:41:06 am »

I guess more proof that we needed Obama. Under the eight years of Bush, the market finished down 23%. Even with a couple of bad days, the stock market under Obama is up over 50%.

Not at all.  It's the evil 1%ers.  Obama has been very friendly to Wall Street.  Competition and labor costs have decreased immensely.  Large traded companies have done awesome.  They haven't had to face the cost of many of his policies yet.  Now they may have to, and they know it.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2012, 09:28:44 am »

You sound incredulous even though that's what you keep posting every few months.  Funny, I've never heard you give credit to the all time high the stock market ascended to during Bush's second term.

It's only all on Obama when it goes up but it's someone else's fault when it falls.

I think I'm seeing a pattern here.  When things go well, Obama gets credit.  When things go to smile, it's the 1%'ers fault, the GOP Congress, hurricanes, locusts, and the plague.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2012, 09:36:45 am »

I pray that the president will actually work with congress this time and not play the same game he did last time after an agreement was reached.

You know, it wasn't all that long ago. I'd think you'd be able to remember that it was Boehner's inability to deliver his caucus that scuttled the very-favorable-to-Republicans deal and set up the last kicking of the can to now. Unfortunately, reality rarely seems to intrude on your narratives. I'm sure you would indeed like Obama to give up the only leverage he has against the intransigence of the Tea Partyists, though. That part is 100% true.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2012, 09:39:27 am »

When things go to smile, it's the 1%'ers fault, the GOP Congress, hurricanes, locusts, and the plague.

I blame the misled masses.  Some of these nuts actually believe the crazies posting that all these layoffs are due to the election results.

Enough of these special eds believe it, then the businesses will start to really hurt and the economy will suffer.  Not because of something the Exec or legislative did but because these dumbasses chose to believe something they read on a crazy person's website of saw on a pundit's TV show or heard on a actor's radio show.  (you know Limbaugh and Beck don't really believe all their loonyness)

Keep reading Gaspar's posts.  That is proof these people are out there.  If they choose not to face reality then their fantasies will come to be reality.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2012, 09:54:23 am »

I blame the misled masses.  Some of these nuts actually believe the crazies posting that all these layoffs are due to the election results.

Enough of these special eds believe it, then the businesses will start to really hurt and the economy will suffer.  Not because of something the Exec or legislative did but because these dumbasses chose to believe something they read on a crazy person's website of saw on a pundit's TV show or heard on a actor's radio show.  (you know Limbaugh and Beck don't really believe all their loonyness)

Keep reading Gaspar's posts.  That is proof these people are out there.  If they choose not to face reality then their fantasies will come to be reality.

I'm seeing a trend in your recent posts. Those who hold differing viewpoints from you are now all "crazy"?  Come on Townsend, that doesn't sound like you.

There was a lot of fear-based layoffs in 2007 and 2008 prior to the collapse, largely due to trumpeting from the media that financial armageddon was nigh. You tell enough people there is a recession coming and it will happen.  If enough people aren't paying their mortgage because their job disappeared, there will be a housing crisis.  The financial meltdown was coming one way or another, but I distinctly recall the drum-beating in 2007 and 2008 as it drew near.

There's been no shortage of warning for at least three years that there is very real doubt and uncertainty in the business community due to new regulations and Obamacare which all gradually phase in and will make it costlier to do business in the US.  There's also much doubt about the shape of the European economy and markets which isn't helping matters.

Obama has made it clear he would cut defense spending.  Guess what?  The crazies at Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, and other defense contractors are starting their payroll cuts.  That will trickle down through all their sub-contractors, medium to small size electronics, machining, metal finishing, and other jobs associated with aerospace.  

But hey, with an increase in people hitting unemployment and qualifying for food stamps, we can add a few more jobs at Wal-Mart Market and maybe the government will hire a few more low level clerks to help assist those losing their high paying private sector jobs.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:55:56 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 09:57:10 am »

It's just those evil 1%ers.  We sold off on Wed morning.  It was obvious with the election results that the fiscal cliff would not be resolved, only kicked down the road.  We'll buy back in when there is some stability.  Futures for today are pulling another -70-90, on Dow.  

I pray that the president will actually work with congress this time and not play the same game he did last time after an agreement was reached.  No one expects leadership from the president, so we will likely have to wait until next year.  Unfortunately, because of intrest rates, bonds are trash too, and Bernanke has pledged to make that even worse.  Buffett is buying as well as some of the other big houses that dumped their gains before the election, so perhaps the big Wall Street interests will see opportunity and bolster some sectors.  Again, it's the smaller traded businesses that will struggle with 4 more years of uncertainty and weak leadership.

Lets place our bets on today's close.  I'm shooting for -67.

Massive downgrades this morning.  Companies with large workforces like Disney and GM.

Not at all.  It's the evil 1%ers.  Obama has been very friendly to Wall Street.  Competition and labor costs have decreased immensely.  Large traded companies have done awesome.  They haven't had to face the cost of many of his policies yet.  Now they may have to, and they know it.

Please Gaspar, stop with the market predictions, you aren't good at them.

Large publically traded companies are not negatively impacted by Obamacare, that’s also stupid. They already insure their employees. If anything it will save large companies money on healthcare. I know that for my company we just did our annual reenrollment for benefits and this year is maybe the first time ever there has not been an increase in the employee contribution for insurance.

It makes no sense that the markets are down because Obama was reelected. He has been good for the markets over his first term and his reelection is no surprise.  The election went just as predicted outside of the Foxnews echo chamber. Many here were very close in predicting the correct electoral college vote.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:59:20 am by swake » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 10:06:56 am »

Please Gaspar, stop with the market predictions, you aren't good at them.

Large publically traded companies are not negatively impacted by Obamacare, that’s also stupid. They already insure their employees. If anything it will save large companies money on healthcare. I know that for my company we just did our annual reenrollment for benefits and this year is maybe the first time ever there has not been an increase in the employee contribution for insurance.

It makes no sense that the markets are down because Obama was reelected. He has been good for the markets over his first term and his reelection is no surprise.  The election went just as predicted outside of the Foxnews echo chamber. Many here were very close in predicting the correct electoral college vote.

Sorry, can't help it.  I'm crazy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org