A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:51:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Boortz - loser  (Read 49269 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »

Obama's policies have been good for the stock market.

Please explain.

My employer's stock is still nearly 30% below it's 2008 peak.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:59 pm »

That's part of the problem since the right sees your "viewpoints" the same way.

They just hear the voices.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »

Right leaning twitchy is following the layoff bombing...

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/09/despicable-libs-claim-layoff-bomb-is-revenge-by-un-american-business-owners/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2012, 11:33:06 pm »

There was a lot of fear-based layoffs in 2007 and 2008 prior to the collapse, largely due to trumpeting from the media that financial armageddon was nigh. You tell enough people there is a recession coming and it will happen.  If enough people aren't paying their mortgage because their job disappeared, there will be a housing crisis.  The financial meltdown was coming one way or another, but I distinctly recall the drum-beating in 2007 and 2008 as it drew near.

Big reason all those "fear based layoffs" started in 2007 - 2008 was because that is actually when the recession started - 4th quarter of 2007.  You do remember that, don't you??

Maybe not, since no one from Bushyville admitted it for almost another year.  And Fox certainly wasn't going to mention something like that....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2012, 11:35:59 pm »

David Siegel Hasn't Fired Anyone Yet

Whaaaaaat?  He changed his mind?  Well that's nice.  Glad he's trying to succeed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/david-siegel-hasn-t-fired-anyone-yet.html

He scared the people who worked for him, they looked around and discovered that there were better jobs out there for the same or more money, and started leaving.  He got scared, realizing that the actual reason his business even exists was going to other places.  He was...and is...stupid.

The 5% raises are an attempt to stop the hemorrhaging before it completely crippled his ability to do any business at all.  Again...he is stupid.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:37:49 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2012, 11:43:31 pm »

I was part of a "S" Corporation about 20 years ago.  The first year we made a profit, I got enough cash to pay my share of the tax but not enough to pay the accountant I needed to do my taxes since they were no longer simple enough to do myself.  The rest of the "profit" went back into growing the company.

Then you were also part of the 97% who would see no difference whatsoever in taxes on that small business - and if you are one of the lucky 3% who makes more than 250,000 per year, then you really aren't that small a business, are you?  Would no affect whatsoever change your way of doing business??  Apparently, if we listen to Fox, every small business out there will be doing the "chicken little, the sky is falling" dance.  For no affect whatsoever on their business...at all. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2012, 11:49:18 pm »

My investment guy tells me NO.

You need a new investment guy.  Badly.

Which part of recent stock market history is the worst for you according to your "investment guy"??

The way the market has recovered everything it lost, getting back to pre-recession levels for the market as a whole (except for Red's company...who knows what they have messed up...sounds like an oil services company.  Baker Hughes?  Weatherford?)

Or the fact that you get to enjoy the lowest tax levels pretty much in the history of the world on the horrible performance according to your "investment guy"??

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2012, 02:28:30 am »

You need a new investment guy.  Badly.

Which part of recent stock market history is the worst for you according to your "investment guy"??

The way the market has recovered everything it lost, getting back to pre-recession levels for the market as a whole (except for Red's company...who knows what they have messed up...sounds like an oil services company.  Baker Hughes?  Weatherford?)

Or the fact that you get to enjoy the lowest tax levels pretty much in the history of the world on the horrible performance according to your "investment guy"??

He was referring to the outcome of the election. I also do not recall him saying. "Hey, this Obama guy is the reason your portfolio is rockin..." Is your investment person telling you Obama is good for your portfolio? Or is your investment guy telling you to buy lottery tickets?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2012, 05:54:19 am »

Please explain.

My employer's stock is still nearly 30% below it's 2008 peak.

How much of that drop was under the previous president?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2012, 11:23:38 am »

How much of that drop was under the previous president?

It peaked in early and mid 2008 then dropped. There were lesser peaks in early 2010 and 2011.  The dip in 2010 was as low as early 2009.  The dip in 2011 was even lower than in either 2009 or 2010.  It has been unsteadily been climbing since 2011. The point is that it hasn't completely recovered by a significant amount and is still lower than the peaks in 2010 and 2011.  Fortunately, it is paying some dividends and with CD rates near zero the dividends help out somewhat.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2012, 11:35:42 am »

They just hear the voices.

If that is so, it is partly because of attitudes like yours that discount anything someone on the right side of center believes. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2012, 01:12:11 pm »

It peaked in early and mid 2008 then dropped. There were lesser peaks in early 2010 and 2011.  The dip in 2010 was as low as early 2009.  The dip in 2011 was even lower than in either 2009 or 2010.  It has been unsteadily been climbing since 2011. The point is that it hasn't completely recovered by a significant amount and is still lower than the peaks in 2010 and 2011.  Fortunately, it is paying some dividends and with CD rates near zero the dividends help out somewhat.

Then there is something inherent to the company - market, structure, business model, changing customer base, changing product mix, investment advisors making ridiculous statements about the stock - in either direction.

NONE of that has to do with Obama being President.  Or Bush being President.  Your company is one of the unlucky ones that is being "contrarian" - going against the mainstream.

Diversification is your friend!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2012, 01:14:21 pm »

If that is so, it is partly because of attitudes like yours that discount anything someone on the right side of center believes.  

Right of center - not so bad.

Right of people like RushBo and GlenBek...bats**t crazy.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2012, 03:14:17 pm »

Right of center - not so bad.

Right of people like RushBo and GlenBek...bats**t crazy.

Left end wackos, same.  Now it just depends on how sharply the distribution from center falls in each of our minds.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2012, 03:25:55 pm »

For your viewing pleasure  Roll Eyes, you can track job losses here:

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org