A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:34 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Boortz - loser  (Read 48709 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2012, 01:54:12 pm »

I'd already said this in another thread but I did appreciate the way he said he would ask the wealthiest to pay a little more.  Much better rhetoric than he used on the campaign trail.  I may like POTUS Obama a whole lot better than the Candidate Obama of the last four years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:06 pm »

If someone's small business is giving them an income of more than $250,000 a year, they can afford to pay a higher marginal rate on that excess just like anyone else making more than $250,000 a year. You talk as if business owners pay income tax on revenue, regardless of expenses. Pretending that is the case does make your argument a lot easier, but it just ain't so.

Do I need to go over how most small businesses file again, or would some one else like to take this one. 

Remember, it's Nate so it will be a waste of time.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2012, 02:11:10 pm »

I'd already said this in another thread but I did appreciate the way he said he would ask the wealthiest to pay a little more.  Much better rhetoric than he used on the campaign trail.  I may like POTUS Obama a whole lot better than the Candidate Obama of the last four years.

I also like that he's going to "ask." No need to get the IRS involved aye?   Perhaps he'll send out cards, or just make a few calls to Buffett and Soros?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2012, 02:29:43 pm »

Do I need to go over how most small businesses file again, or would some one else like to take this one. 

How you file is irrelevant. You pay tax on net business income, not gross. That is to say: after deductions for business expenses. You know this, I know this, nearly everyone know this, and if they don't they can try out TurboTax with some fake numbers at no charge. Why do you insist on spinning this false narrative?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2012, 03:53:10 pm »

Edited: Moved elsewhere since the parent moved...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:57:00 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »

If you are watching Fox, who is the president? Did they ever declare a winner?

Weren't you paying attention?  Fox declared Sean Hannity President about 9:30.

Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2012, 05:59:43 pm »

I honestly see them as not just differing viewpoints.  

That's part of the problem since the right sees your "viewpoints" the same way.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »

If someone's small business is giving them an income of more than $250,000 a year, they can afford to pay a higher marginal rate on that excess just like anyone else making more than $250,000 a year. You talk as if business owners pay income tax on revenue, regardless of expenses. Pretending that is the case does make your argument a lot easier, but it just ain't so.

I was part of a "S" Corporation about 20 years ago.  The first year we made a profit, I got enough cash to pay my share of the tax but not enough to pay the accountant I needed to do my taxes since they were no longer simple enough to do myself.  The rest of the "profit" went back into growing the company.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2012, 06:07:22 pm »

Market just lost it's gain.

The stock of my employer has remained about the same as after its Wednesday adjustment downward.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2012, 06:11:09 pm »

Obama Says He's 'Open To Compromise,' But Solutions Must Be 'Balanced'

Sounds totally unreasonable.

Still sounds like "my way or the highway" to me.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2012, 06:12:32 pm »

So the stock market price is all on Obama?

Now wait a minute, you were heaping the stock market gains on Obama a while back.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=18284.msg250752#msg250752

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »

Now wait a minute, you were heaping the stock market gains on Obama a while back.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=18284.msg250752#msg250752

You need to understand the concept of a diode/check valve.  "Stuff" only flows one way.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2012, 06:28:25 pm »

I do think the President has some influence on the stock market, especially over the long run. Why is that so hard to understand?
Traders said the main reason for Wednesdays drop focused around European economic issues, especially Germany.

Obama's policies have been good for the stock market. Do you want to disagree with that?

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »

Obama's policies have been good for the stock market.

My investment guy tells me NO.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2012, 07:35:39 pm »

Please explain.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org