A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:57:41 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Boortz - loser  (Read 49333 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2012, 10:08:21 am »

I'm seeing a trend in your recent posts. Those who hold differing viewpoints from you are now all "crazy"?  Come on Townsend, that doesn't sound like you.

I honestly see them as not just differing viewpoints.  They're Chicken Little issues, decisions made from imaginary problems, or just made up points of view (either made up by the person saying it or re-spewed from a show they listened to or website they visited (hopefully by mistake).

"Crazy" is a nicer way of stating my opinion of their stance.  These things said, I imagine to make themselves feel better, are so off base and reality scarce that I have to make sure they're not kidding.

Every 2 damned years, these actors on radio and TV bring the loons out of the woodwork and we hear from them way too much.

How is it considered OK that these hateful people come out and say their lives are going askew because the President looks different than all the others?  (Try not to deny that makes a difference)  It's sick that people look at him and claim terrorist, sharia, not as Christian as me.

If everyone faced reality instead of being so skewed to the left or right we'd be able to fix things so much easier.  That can't happen because people wont work together.  Hell, our entire state will now have a very hard time working with the federal government in public.  (I'm sure some under the table deals will be had)

So yes, if they post or say things outside of reality, they will fall into crazy town.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:26 am »

Sorry, can't help it.  I'm crazy.

No, you spew crazy.  You're worse.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:36 am »

David Siegel Hasn't Fired Anyone Yet

Whaaaaaat?  He changed his mind?  Well that's nice.  Glad he's trying to succeed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/david-siegel-hasn-t-fired-anyone-yet.html

Are you going to lay off employees as you suggested in your memo?

I don’t know. I’m going to work my hardest to keep the company going and expand the best I can. We’ll see what happens. Meanwhile I gave everybody in the company a raise this week—the average was 5 percent. I wanted to help them handle the additional burdens the government will put on them.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 10:24:43 am »

Sorry, can't help it.  I'm crazy.

And the market is up 35 points right now.  I've said it before, a man could make really good money taking your predictions and doing the opposite.

When are you going to figure out that Fox News is lying to you and that's why you are wrong so often?

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 11:01:04 am »

There was a lot of fear-based layoffs in 2007 and 2008 prior to the collapse, largely due to trumpeting from the media that financial armageddon was nigh. You tell enough people there is a recession coming and it will happen.  If enough people aren't paying their mortgage because their job disappeared, there will be a housing crisis.  The financial meltdown was coming one way or another, but I distinctly recall the drum-beating in 2007 and 2008 as it drew near.

If by "drum beating" you mean acknowledgement of the fact that companies originating toxic loans were going bust left and right, sure. That doesn't seem to be happening at the moment. For what it's worth, employment grew throughout 2007 despite that and only began its downward trend in February 2008, after the credit markets began to break down when Countrywide and Northern Rock blew up and the rest of the banks began cutting credit lines savagely or calling them entirely.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 11:30:00 am »

And the market is up 35 points right now.  I've said it before, a man could make really good money taking your predictions and doing the opposite.

When are you going to figure out that Fox News is lying to you and that's why you are wrong so often?

Actually it was CNBC and Cramer this morning.  Fox almost always calls the market wrong.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38:46 am »

Actually it was CNBC and Cramer this morning.  Fox almost always calls the market wrong.

Whoever it is, change the channel. You have been misled, over and over and over.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 11:40:58 am »

Whoever it is, change the channel. You have been misled, over and over and over.

It was Fox.  Remember?  Everything's opposite.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »

Not yet.  The president is going to speak in a couple of minutes.  Wink

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 12:06:23 pm »

Not yet.  The president is going to speak in a couple of minutes.  Wink

If you are watching Fox, who is the president? Did they ever declare a winner?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 12:07:51 pm »

If you are watching Fox, who is the president? Did they ever declare a winner?

Sorry, CNBC again.  It's part of my trading platform.  Little window, very cool.

The president is going to cart out a bunch of "ordinary Americans" to demand eating the rich.

Watch.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22:41 pm »

Actually it was CNBC and Cramer this morning.

Cramer, the guy who was saying buy buy buy right into the financial crisis and who said Obama would get 440 EVs. Great forecaster, that one.

Not sure how increasing the top marginal tax rate to 39.6% is eating the rich, though. It's not as if the capital gains preference is going away.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 12:32:17 pm »

Cramer, the guy who was saying buy buy buy right into the financial crisis and who said Obama would get 440 EVs. Great forecaster, that one.

Not sure how increasing the top marginal tax rate to 39.6% is eating the rich, though. It's not as if the capital gains preference is going away.

Actually he said two things in his speech a moment ago that have me confused.  The first was that he wanted to go ahead and extend additional tax cuts to small businesses and the middle class "because that creates certainty and growth."  Then he said that he wanted to raise taxes on small businesses "individuals making $250K or more" because they need to be expected to pay their "fair share." 

So he's going to cut taxes on small businesses and raise taxes on the individuals who own small businesses, hmm. . . and I was under the impression that the democrats didn't believe in this crazy idea of "uncertainty" stifling the economy.  I also thought that democrats didn't believe that tax cuts for small businesses translated into job growth.  Harry, you need to step up and straighten the president out!

The part that got the best reaction however was when he said he has already cut spending by nearly a trillion dollars since he took office. Almost peed myself.  Where's the freekin Niquil? I need a hit!

Market just lost it's gain.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 12:34:46 pm »

Obama Says He's 'Open To Compromise,' But Solutions Must Be 'Balanced'

Sounds totally unreasonable.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/09/164796536/obama-to-lay-down-his-markers-on-economy-fiscal-cliff?ft=1&f=1001&sc=tw&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The post-election negotiations over taxes, the economy and the so-called fiscal cliff moved into a new phase this afternoon when President Obama stepped up to a microphone at the White House to lay out his latest thoughts about what needs to be done.

In many ways, this words were echoes from the hard-fought campaign.

"It's time to get back to work and there is plenty of work to do," he said. "The American people voted for action, not politics as usual." And while he is "open to compromise ... [and] new ideas," the president repeated that he is opposed to any deficit plans that do not "combine spending cuts with revenue."

Voters, he said, want to see "cooperation, consensus and common sense. ... I intend to deliver."

The short address was the president's first to the nation since his victory celebration Election Night in Chicago. The last time an incumbent president had the chance to lay out a post-election agenda, of course, was in 2004. Then, President George W. Bush famously said, "I earned capital in the campaign, political capital. And now I intend to spend it. It is my style."

Earlier today, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), repeated his call on the Democratic president to take the lead in such talks. Boehner also repeated the basic Republican position: that "lowering [tax] rates and cleaning up the tax code" will spur economic growth.

We updated this post with highlights from the president's remarks.

Update at 1:16 p.m. ET. "I Intend To Deliver":

After saying he is "open to compromise" and "open to new ideas," the president says he also refuses to accept "any approach that isn't balanced." Then he finishes by saying that Americans expect "cooperation, consensus and common sense. ... I intend to deliver in my second term."

Update at 1:14 p.m. ET. Spending Cuts Must Be Paired With "Revenue":

Repeating a theme of his campaign, the president says "we can't just cut our way to prosperity. ... We have to combine spending cuts with revenue." And he says he'll be asking "the wealthiest Americans to pay a little more in taxes."

Update at 1:10 p.m. ET. Meeting Next Week:

The president confirms that he's invited Congressional leaders from both parties to a meeting at the White House next week. He also says he's inviting "business, labor and civics leaders."

Update at 1:09 p.m. ET. Time For Action:

As he begins, the president says 'it's time to get back to work and there is plenty of work to do. The American people voted for action, not politics as usual."

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »

So he's going to cut taxes on small businesses and raise taxes on the individuals who own small businesses, hmm. . . and I was under the impression that the democrats didn't believe in this crazy idea of "uncertainty" stifling the economy.  I also thought that democrats didn't believe that tax cuts for small businesses translated into job growth.  Harry, you need to step up and straighten the president out!

If someone's small business is giving them an income of more than $250,000 a year, they can afford to pay a higher marginal rate on that excess just like anyone else making more than $250,000 a year. You talk as if business owners pay income tax on revenue, regardless of expenses. Pretending that is the case does make your argument a lot easier, but it just ain't so.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org