A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:26 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 24950 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 09:33:16 am »

Piedmont Officer Fired After Writing Controversial Public Urination Ticket

http://www.newson6.com/story/20142739/piedmont-officer-fired-after-writing-controversial-public-urination-ticket

PIEDMONT, Oklahoma - Piedmont police have fired the officer who ticketed a mom $2,500 after her son urinated in their front yard.

After allegedly being harassed by this officer, the Warden family got justice. The $2,500 ticket was dropped, the police chief personally apologized, and the officer was disciplined.

Both the mayor and the police chief said the officer should have used better judgment. Veteran officer Ken Qualls was suspended on Tuesday, and he was fired on Friday.

"I can't say that I am happy for that, but I am happy that it was looked into and perhaps his judgment was in question. I don't know the particulars of the hearing," said Jennifer Warden, the toddler's grandmother.

In fact no one does, both the mayor and police chief refused to comment, stating it was a personnel matter.

"We did feel like he was out of line, but we never intended to cost him his job," Warden said.

The officer appealed the dismissal to the personnel board.

The mayor did give us a statement Monday night,

"Embarrassment and humor aside, Piedmont had no choice but to look quite seriously at the lack of judgment in this incident."
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 07:07:09 pm »

Piedmont Officer Fired After Writing Controversial Public Urination Ticket

It took them six months to get even...

Oklahoma Waitress Fired Over Facebook Post

OKLAHOMA CITY - A Piedmont, Okla. waitress is causing a national uproar over a picture and comment she posted about some Oklahoma sheriff's deputies.

Ashley Warden posted the picture on her Facebook page Thursday along with the comment "Stupid Cops."
Warden's Facebook post quickly went viral on law enforcement sites, reported Oklahoma City TV station KWTV, and Chili's was barraged with calls demanding that she be fired.

Somewhat impressively, this isn't Warden's first claim to local fame. She's the same woman who made headlines last November when she contested a $2,500 ticket given to her 3-year-old son for public urination, according to Oklahoma News 9.

The officer responsible was ultimately fired, and Warden was issued an apology, but that apparently was not enough to curb her antipathy toward the police.
Said Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein of Warden's firing: “I guess that left a bad taste in her mouth for law enforcement in general."

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 10:00:33 pm »

It took them six months to get even...

I doubt that's the only time Ms. Warden has had a foul taste in her mouth.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 11:56:18 pm »

Is it just me or does the "Public Urination Ticket" sound like a political party?  "Unlike my opponent, Big Willie Johnson, who is flush with cash from corporate interests, my campaign has been clean and sparkling with a fresh smell that comes from the knowledge we are like little scrubbing bubbles clearing away the germs and grime left behind by my opponent and his ilk as their campaign rapidly circles the drain!"

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 07:46:53 pm »

Couldn't find a suitable bathroom humor / War On Drugs atrocity category, so here goes:

Traffic violator sues over colonoscopy search.

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming.  According to a federal lawsuit,
Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.     

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he
appeared to be clenching his buttocks.  Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in
his anal cavity.  While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.
Other responding officers used a drug dog to sniff Eckert’s vehicle, which allegedly alerted to drugs, and then seized the car.   

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the
anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."
But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was
admitted.

What Happened

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures.  A review of Eckert's medical records, which
he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found. 

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found. 

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema.  Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers.  Eckert
watched as doctors searched his stool.  No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time.  Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police
officers.  Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool.  No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time.  Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police
officers.  Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool.  No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found. 

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into
Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines.  No narcotics were found. 

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these
medical procedures.  The hospital did bill Eckert for the procedures, though.

"If the officers in Hidalgo County and the City of Deming are seeking warrants for anal cavity searches based on how they're standing
and the warrant allows doctors at the Gila Hospital of Horrors to go in and do enemas and colonoscopies without consent, then anyone
can be seized and that's why the public needs to know about this," Kennedy said. 

Search Warrant Concerns

There are major concerns about the way the search warrant was carried out.  Kennedy argues that the search warrant was overly broad and
lacked probable cause.  But beyond that, the warrant was only valid in Luna County, where Deming is located.  The Gila Regional Medical
Center is in Grant County.  That means all of the medical procedures were performed illegally and the doctors who performed the
procedures did so with no legal basis and no consent from the patient. 

In addition, even if the search warrant was executed in the correct New Mexico county, the warrant expired at 10 p.m.  Medical records
show the prepping for the colonoscopy started at 1 a.m. the following day, three hours after the warrant expired.
"This is like something out of a science fiction film, anal probing by government officials and public employees," Kennedy said.

No Comment

KOB reached out to the attorneys representing the defendants in the lawsuit and all declined to comment on the situation.  The
attorneys said it's their personal policy not comment on pending litigation. 

4 On Your Side Investigative Reporter Chris Ramirez cornered Deming Police Chief Brandon Gigante. 
"As the police chief what reassurances could you give people when they come through your town that they won't be violated or abused by
your police officers?" Ramirez asked Chief Gigante.

"We follow the law in every aspect and we follow policies and protocols that we have in place," Chief Gigante replied.
"Do you think those officers in this particular case did that?" Ramirez asked.
Gigante didn't answer, instead he referred Ramirez to his attorney.

David Eckert is suing The City of Deming and Deming Police Officers Bobby Orosco, Robert Chavez and Officer Hernandez.
Eckert is also suing Hidalgo County Hidalgo County Deputies David Arredondo, Robert Rodriguez and Patrick Green.
Eckert is also suing Deputy District Attorney Daniel Dougherty and the Gila Regional Medical Center including Robert Wilcox, M.D and
Okay Odocha, M.D.
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3209305.shtml?cat=500

Cops, Doctors Repeatedly Probe Man's Anus In Worst Traffic Stop Ever
http://jalopnik.com/cops-doctors-repeatedly-probe-mans-anus-in-worst-traf-1458841658

Traffic stop brings 3 enemas, 2 X-rays and 1 colonoscopy in cops’ fruitless drug search, suit says
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/traffic_stop_brings_3_enemas_2_x-rays_and_1_colonoscopy_in_cops_fruitless_d/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 07:57:20 pm »

Damn, that's almost as bad as having a hamster named Raggot shoved into your anal cavity...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 11:21:19 pm »

I really am left without a comment.

Vashta wins.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 01:46:08 am »

Got nothing. Just nothing. ****walking away shaking head like Aflac duck after talking to Yogi Berra****
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 06:24:10 pm »

Got nothing. Just nothing. ****walking away shaking head like Aflac duck after talking to Yogi Berra****

I doubt the cops will fight the lawsuit because it's no skin off their nose either way.

He will win the lawsuit, and he should.  That will teach those... taxpayers....

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
MyDogHunts
Activist

ascetic hedonist

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 09:22:17 am »

Hope the County has real good insurance.  Quick background check:

County population in 2012: 4,794

County owner-occupied with a mortgage or a loan houses and condos in 2010: 587

County owner-occupied free and clear houses and condos in 2010: 719

Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
This county:   27.3%

& WHY EVEN HAVE 3-COPS?

Crime in 2004 (reported by the sheriff's office or county police, not the county total):
Murders: 0
Rapes: 0
Robberies: 0
Assaults: 3
Burglaries: 5
Thefts: 4
Auto thefts: 18

GUESS THEY WERE BORED.

http://www.city-data.com/county/Hidalgo_County-NM.html

& he got billed by the hospital!

And, Hey, Deming is not in Hidalgo County?  It's Luna County.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:35:27 am by MyDogHunts » Logged

I ran from OK about 50-yrs. ago & in 2010 I saw downtown's potential.

Tulsa's in a Phoenix rise, reason enough to stick around.

Besides... you can't fully be an Okie except in Oklahoma.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 09:32:19 am »

Hope the County has real good insurance.  Quick background check:

County population in 2012: 4,794

County owner-occupied with a mortgage or a loan houses and condos in 2010: 587

County owner-occupied free and clear houses and condos in 2010: 719

Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
This county:   27.3%

& WHY EVEN HAVE 3-COPS?

Crime in 2004 (reported by the sheriff's office or county police, not the county total):
Murders: 0
Rapes: 0
Robberies: 0
Assaults: 3
Burglaries: 5
Thefts: 4
Auto thefts: 18

GUESS THEY WERE BORED.

http://www.city-data.com/county/Hidalgo_County-NM.html

& he got billed by the hospital!

That's why you should always keep drugs in your rectum.  Could have avoided all of this by just keeping a few rocks in the old prison purse!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
MyDogHunts
Activist

ascetic hedonist

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:05 am »

He's suing as many people but not enough:

Aside from Dougherty and Wilcox, Eckert is suing the city of Deming; Deming police officers Bobby Orosco, Robert Chavez, FNU (first name unknown) Hernandez; Hidalgo County; Hidalgo County sheriff's deputies David Arredondo, Robert Rodriguez, Patrick Green; and Dr. Okay H. Odocha, MD.   http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-news/ci_24461411/lordsburg-n-m-mans-federal-lawsuit-claims-police

And their defense will be the "Matt Lauer / Al Roker Defense"... Everybody's doing it.

Not too late to watch!

http://www.today.com/health/matt-lauer-al-roker-have-prostate-exams-live-today-8C11547011

I ran from OK about 50-yrs. ago & in 2010 I saw downtown's potential.

Tulsa's in a Phoenix rise, reason enough to stick around.

Besides... you can't fully be an Okie except in Oklahoma.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:14 am »

My brother lives real close to this area and owns the big pawn shop in Silver City. He has to deal with the law enforcement personnel almost daily.

I can't tell any of his stories here. They are listening.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 07:37:11 pm »

My brother lives real close to this area and owns the big pawn shop in Silver City. He has to deal with the law enforcement personnel almost daily.

I can't tell any of his stories here. They are listening.

Rape by Instrumentation under Color Of Law ought to have some consequences.  Just sayin.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 10:03:23 pm »

It's "County Sheriff Syndrome"...an all pervasive disease that afflicts much of the US land mass.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org