A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:34 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 24949 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:13 am »

No wonder Oklahoma is laughed at half the time...

http://www.news9.com/story/20010769/three-year-old-piemont-boy-gets-2500-ticket-for-peeing-in-his-front-yard

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:43 pm »

He needs to be registered as a sex offender. Thinks he can just flash that 3 year old pee pee anywhere he wants. That officer needs a commendation.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:08:50 pm »

What did they expect...the place is called Piedmont.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:46:41 pm »

He needs to be registered as a sex offender. Thinks he can just flash that 3 year old pee pee anywhere he wants. That officer needs a commendation.

He parks at the end of the block every day, watching the kids.  Definitely in line for some recognition.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

Made me think of this one that has been auspicioucly mentioned in The Lost Ogle.

http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/11/06/some-kids-in-bartlesville-tried-to-rob-a-bank-on-their-bicycles/
http://www.newson6.com/story/19994115/two-bartlesville-teens-arrested-for-attempted-bank-robbery

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 01:38:48 pm »

Oh I really hope there is something else, doubtful it could justify the officer's actions, but at least give some kind of insight of why he's picking on that family.  That's just terrible!!  I'll have to remember to see what happens with this story.  Sad!

dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »

Let me guess, Barney is the cop and cousin Andy is the judge......
cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 03:46:55 pm »

A 3 year old lacks the legal capacity to be charged with a crime, misdemeanor or felony.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »

A 3 year old lacks the legal capacity to be charged with a crime, misdemeanor or felony.

Or dropped for lack of evidence.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 05:37:23 pm »

The TW is now reporting that the kid's mother was ticketed. I wonder what legal theory makes her criminally responsible for her 3 year old taking a leak. Just goofy.

Or dropped for lack of evidence.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 06:15:14 pm »

The TW is now reporting that the kid's mother was ticketed. I wonder what legal theory makes her criminally responsible for her 3 year old taking a leak. Just goofy.

I started to chastise you on this then realized we were talking about criminal NOT civil responsibility for something.  Good point.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »

Doesnt Know When To Quit...
Officer Ken Qualls later changed the public urination charge to contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Chief Oblein said it is now up to the district attorney's office to decide whether or not to pursue the complaint.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2228954/Ashley-Warden-Outrage-mother-slapped-2-500-ticket-letting-son-urinate-yard.html

...but the worldwide court of public opinion intervenes:
National outrage over a $2,500 fine for public urination by a 3-year-old has ended with an apology.

The incident began last Sunday in the now ironically-named town of Piedmont, Okla., north of Oklahoma City.  Jennifer Warden and her daughter, 21-year-old Ashley Warden, were approached by a local police officer who had been perched at the end of their quiet cul-de-sac of homes.
“He came over and said, ‘Give me your ID,’” Jennifer Warden said of the officer, later identified as Officer Ken Qualls.  “I just stood there a minute, and then I asked him why did he need my ID and he said, ‘Public urination.’”
Qualls was looking in the direction of Ashley Warden’s 3-year-old son, Dillon, who had pulled his pants down at the end of their home’s driveway to relieve himself.  When the officer realized it was, in fact, Ashley’s son, he ordered her inside to get her photo ID.

“First, we couldn’t believe that it was a ticket at all and then we couldn’t believe it was that much,” she said.
The next day, Jennifer and Ashley Warden went to the Piedmont Police Department to lodge a complaint about both the ticket and the officer, who had told the family he was sitting in his cruiser in their neighborhood “because it’s a public road,” Warden said.

The Warden’s story was first reported by local news outlets and then picked up by the national press where it sparked outrage online.
“We’ve stayed mainly in the house but we’ve been online reading the thousands of comments,” Warden said.  “The outrage is not just the fact that it’s a 3-year-old but many people see it as just an abuse of power, the officer was just writing a ticket because he could instead of handling it in a better way.”

“Yesterday the police chief [Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein] stopped by and apologized and said that they were dropping the charges,” Warden said today. 
Neither the chief  nor Officer Qualls responded to ABC News’ request for comment.  Warden said Oblein told the family his 10-police officer strong department has opened an investigation into how the incident was handled.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen with him [Qualls] and I don’t know if he’s going to retaliate in some way,” Warden said.  “I would think not because the story has been so public but I kind of worry that it makes the police department look bad and they know all the vehicles we drive and where we live.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/11/toddlers-public-potty-break-gets-2500-ticket-then-an-apology/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 08:33:34 pm »

And no one bothered to question why this perv is sitting at the end of the street watching little kids all day long??

And why he is doing THAT instead of actual police work?

This is one sick...well, you know what he is...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 10:26:34 am »

AP, Newsweek, USA today have all tweeted about this today.

It's never "Hey look at the cool things happening in Oklahoma."  It's this sort of crap.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 01:08:52 pm »

NPR's got the story now.

"Peepeegate"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/08/164696041/pee-peegate-3-year-olds-whiz-leads-to-2-500-public-urination-ticket?ft=1&f=1001&sc=tw&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pee-peegate: 3-Year-Old's Whiz Leads To $2,500 'Public Urination' Ticket

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org