A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:28:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl's Jr. Green Burrito - A Taco from a burger place....yes I said it...  (Read 7849 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: October 24, 2012, 01:19:56 pm »

So a friend of mine went out and got some lunch, he had a taco and burrito left over, I asked him where it was from he said "Carl's Jr." I looked at him in disgust! a burger place? I have had my fair share of bad taco's from other burger places(jack in the box..yes I know they are 2 for 1.00 and blah blah blah)..I was hungry so I humored him...

WHAT?! THIS IS REALLY GOOD STUFF! I said as I ate a taco...it was full of great mean, full of lettuce, cheese and the salsa was great that it came with..I was in shock..I actually can say for fast food taco it beats the other two major taco places in taste and quality, for the same price!

The Burrito was huge, I asked him if he paid 3 or 4.00 for that, he said nope, 1.89..(wait what!) I mumbled as bean juice dribbled down my chin...this can't be..what kind of sorcery is this?..

So I can't rate the place, the staff or service...but the food for fast food taco's is a 10.0 in my book!

I do think Carls Jr Gets overlooked when it comes to fast food but every time I have had something from there its been great, this is no different.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:23:23 pm »

The Burrito was huge, I asked him if he paid 3 or 4.00 for that, he said nope, 1.89..(wait what!) I mumbled as bean juice dribbled down my chin...this can't be..what kind of sorcery is this?..

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »

Their quesadillas are good as well.   Way better than Bell and cheaper than Bueno.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:59:18 pm »

I like their fish and chips, but I bring it home 'cause they don't have malt vinegar.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:44:09 pm »

The breakfast croissaint sandwiches are my favorites.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:51:22 pm »

Carl's jr. sucks....!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:16:57 pm »

I recently tried their breakfast and was pleasantly surprised. They have several choices and not bad on price. I will have to try the mexican food sometime.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 06:51:20 pm »

I asked for a chicken torta at the Carl's Jr. in Owasso.  "We don't have that," the disembodied voice replied. 

"OK, how about the Mexican burrito?"

"We don't have that either.  We don't have any Mexican food here."  He sounded a bit annoyed at having to deal with a crazy person.

(OK, I am a crazy person, but let that go for now.)

I thanked him and left.  I have to assume the franchise owner decided against having any Mexican food, probably because there's one Mexican restaurant for about every 10 residents already, so why compete with them.

Still, I wanted to try that torta, or their green burrito, or some of the other items listed on the web menu.   

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 08:19:11 pm »

I asked for a chicken torta at the Carl's Jr. in Owasso.  "We don't have that," the disembodied voice replied. 

"OK, how about the Mexican burrito?"

Still, I wanted to try that torta, or their green burrito, or some of the other items listed on the web menu.   

Go to Broken Arrow Carl's/Green Burrito.

All this talk about their burrito's....I guess I will have to try one now.  Hey, it can't be any worse than Taco Mayo...or El Charro in Claremore...ugh!  I get a back tasted in my mouth just typing about El Charro!!  Blech!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 01:11:21 pm »

Yes not all have Mexican, there are two or three in Tulsa that do not...I didn't know that either until I tried to order and found out the same thing!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 03:51:25 pm »

On my way to Green Burrito.  In about 4 minutes....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 06:05:29 pm »

On my way to Green Burrito.  In about 4 minutes....

Nothing to write home about I guess.   Tongue
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 07:50:15 pm »

Well, I got the Mexican Burrito.  Not horrible.  It was actually probably a little better than either Bueno or Bell.  Gonna have to try it a couple more times to be sure.  Next month or so...

A little more expensive than what I get at Bell - by about $1.25, so comparing cost to the value....may not end up being better.  The question goes to comparing same things.  Green's is probably closest to the Bell Supreme, but that's not what I get, so need to try a Supreme or two....

Whew!  All this effort for a fast food burrito... seems kind of futile.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org