A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:41:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Debate, Round II  (Read 27396 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2012, 08:41:41 am »

Every caption I think of is horribly skewed by recent news articles.

I'm guessing the laughs are faked.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2012, 09:06:07 am »

Every caption I think of is horribly skewed by recent news articles.

I'm guessing the laughs are faked.

One memorable zinger I heard this morning from Romney:

"Brought to you by Sesame Street...and the letter "O"...and the number 16 trillion"

More gems

Obama, for example, made fun of his own much-criticized performance in the first presidential debate:

"Turns out millions of Americans focused in on the second debate who didn't focus on the first debate," he said, "I happen to be one of them."

Among Romney's one-liners was a shot at the news media:

"I've already seen early reports from tonight's dinner. Headline: 'Obama embraced by Catholics. Romney dines with rich people.' "

The president also said, "Earlier today I went shopping at some stores in Midtown. I understand Governor Romney went shopping for some stores in Midtown."

Romney said, "Of course, we're down to the final months of the president's term. As President Obama surveys the Waldorf banquet room with everybody in white tie and finery you have to wonder what he's thinking: 'So little time, so much to redistribute.'"

For his part, Obama noted that "Mitt" is actually Romney's middle name and added: "I wish I could use my middle name." It's Hussein.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2012, 01:10:04 pm »

I have frequently said Obama has a great sense of humor. That self-deprecating humor makes him more likeable to me.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2012, 03:23:50 pm »

SMH.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8r7DNDE6co0[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org