A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:25:03 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kansas City Smokehouse Bar B Que  (Read 12949 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 09:44:20 am »

Haven't gotten a chance to try this yet, but my parents went last night with a large group of relatives from out of town.  Here's their take:

Sauce was good.
Ribs were cool and mushy in spots and super hot (temperature) in others -not good.
Sides were ok, but nothing special.
Other meats were cold and had obviously been sitting out a while.
Brisket was tough and very dry.

My dad swears that the ribs had been microwaved because they were the only meats that came to the table hot, and parts of them were really hot and tough while other parts were very mushy and luke-warm.  I explained that they may have been laying out on a steam table too long.  I can't imagine anyone microwaving ribs!

I encouraged them to give it another try after they've had some time to work out the kinks.  I doubt they will though. 

I'll try as soon as I get the chance.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 10:16:53 am »

Haven't gotten a chance to try this yet, but my parents went last night with a large group of relatives from out of town.  Here's their take:

Sauce was good.
Ribs were cool and mushy in spots and super hot (temperature) in others -not good.
Sides were ok, but nothing special.
Other meats were cold and had obviously been sitting out a while.
Brisket was tough and very dry.

My dad swears that the ribs had been microwaved because they were the only meats that came to the table hot, and parts of them were really hot and tough while other parts were very mushy and luke-warm.  I explained that they may have been laying out on a steam table too long.  I can't imagine anyone microwaving ribs!

I encouraged them to give it another try after they've had some time to work out the kinks.  I doubt they will though. 

I'll try as soon as I get the chance.

agreed...the ribs were not that great...Burnco does the best ribs...it's hard to find the kind that slide off the bone....
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 11:48:56 am »

That's a classic microwave symptom.  I bet he's right.

I'm betting Rib Crib microwaves ribs sometimes, too. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 08:29:58 pm »

Ate there on Friday with the wife and kids. Almost no smoke on the meats at all. The sausage I and one kiddo had was barely smoked and it had far more smoke than the brisket my wife had or the pork one of the kids had.

The sauce was ok, nothing special. Think Kraft. I thought it odd that we had to request sauce and when we did the waiter looked at me like I just ran over his dog.

The beans were sickeningly sweet.

The cole slaw was overly sweet as well, but not as bad as the beans. It was terribly runny though.

If they are still open this spring I will be surprised.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 09:27:40 pm »

I ate there two weekends ago and forgot to post.  Not horrible...noticeably better than Rib Crib.  Pulled pork sandwich.  Meat fair...no smoke flavor to speak of.  Walking in from the parking lot, the smell was amazing, so am a little surprised by not having that taste in the meat.

Sauce ok.  Beans very good.

Cole slaw;  not a big fan of sweet cole slaw normally.  This had enough vinegar so that the sweet was just about perfectly balanced.  Could still tell that it was more sweet than normally like, but it was savory to the point of being very good.  May go back again, and it will be in part due to cole slaw.  Still,... I was thinking through part of the meal, that hey, I coulda had an Albert G's.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 10:17:59 pm »

O/T but worth sharing I think. My college friends and I go on annual float trip in southern MO every year. A few years back, we went to Huzzah outside of Cuba, MO and we thought we'd splurge and eat dinner in "town" after the float. What was the "special" that night? You guess it, bbq ribs. What did "bbq ribs" turn out to mean? If you guessed "deep fried", you win. One thing was certain with that cooking method, "doneness" was not an issue. I thought one of us complained, but a few of us found it so absurd we just laughed.

Since it's hard to eff up fried catfish, I smartly played it safe and ordered that.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org