A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:30 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go West  (Read 12922 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 01:02:12 am »

TMI,  TMI,   TMI,.....

Sorry, just in an onry mood.  Grin
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 05:42:56 pm »

We've been going there since they opened and have always appreciated their menu and love the saloon.  The owner, Johnny and his wife Aila, are very customer-oriented as is Peter, their bar manager.  We usually go at least once per week for drinks and menu specials.  They have a $5.99 lunch special during the week, but you are right, they are seldom busy.  I suspect it's the location, which is a shame given the beautiful facility.  I hope they are able to continue providing the great food and service.  They are closer and have better parking than many of the more mediocre restaurants in the Tulsa area. 

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 06:25:13 am »

We've been going there since they opened and have always appreciated their menu and love the saloon.  The owner, Johnny and his wife Aila, are very customer-oriented as is Peter, their bar manager.  We usually go at least once per week for drinks and menu specials.  They have a $5.99 lunch special during the week, but you are right, they are seldom busy.  I suspect it's the location, which is a shame given the beautiful facility.  I hope they are able to continue providing the great food and service.  They are closer and have better parking than many of the more mediocre restaurants in the Tulsa area. 

They should cut bait and relocate in one of the new developments at 91st and Yale. 

A bit selfish of me since I live there. Wink

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 08:36:58 am »

They should cut bait and relocate in one of the new developments at 91st and Yale. 

A bit selfish of me since I live there. Wink

Second.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 08:52:33 am »

Damn Southies.  Then again 91st & Yale is much closer to my house as well.

Funny though, Avalon never had trouble staying crowded at their original location just up the road in a more obscure place and their menu wasn't near as adventurous as Go West's.  I don't think Avalon made it six months in the new location before they went tits up.  This location has really good visibility, I think they just need to advertise it heavier.  People will go out of their way for a great meal if they know it exists in the first place.

They might also want to have some cheaper menu options for the folks who live around there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:46 am »

Damn Southies.  Then again 91st & Yale is much closer to my house as well.

Funny though, Avalon never had trouble staying crowded at their original location just up the road in a more obscure place and their menu wasn't near as adventurous as Go West's.  I don't think Avalon made it six months in the new location before they went tits up.  This location has really good visibility, I think they just need to advertise it heavier.  People will go out of their way for a great meal if they know it exists in the first place.

They might also want to have some cheaper menu options for the folks who live around there.

91st and Yale might be closer distance wise.  Travel time, however might be a different story since you live just blocks from the BA...I loathe Yale south of 61st.  It's almost as bad for me as 71st anywhere between Yale and Garnett.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 10:45:47 am »

IMO, the Avalon lost its charm when it moved.  They shed some of the bad boy image.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:47 pm »

Travel time, however might be a different story since you live just blocks from the BA

It takes me a little under 10 minutes to get over there, at least when they don't have the BA EB to 75/244SB ramp closed. It's about 20-25 minutes from here to 91st and Yale, unfortunately. That's what I get for living so far north, I guess. Tongue

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 03:49:43 pm »

It takes me a little under 10 minutes to get over there, at least when they don't have the BA EB to 75/244SB ramp closed. It's about 20-25 minutes from here to 91st and Yale, unfortunately. That's what I get for living so far north, I guess. Tongue

I like living up north.  I don't have to deal with all those damned Southies!

Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 03:52:36 pm »

I like living up north.  I don't have to deal with all those damned Southies!

Wink

Our deliciousness confounds you.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 03:53:10 pm »

Our deliciousness confounds you.

Deliciousness is pretty close to dooshiness...   Grin

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 03:57:08 pm »

Deliciousness is pretty close to dooshiness...   Grin

See?  You're confused just by reading a Southie post.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org