A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:13:36 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go West  (Read 13070 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: October 01, 2012, 06:25:31 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Go West
Date/Time of Visit: 9/29/12
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$
What makes this restaurant unique:  High end "Cowboy Cuisine"

Tell us about your experience:

We hit Go West on a Groupon on Saturday.  Had no idea this place existed.  They must have spent a fortune on the decor for this place.  The service and atmosphere were great.  You can watch them trim and grill your steak, and the quality of the meat was excellent.  I had a ribeye that comes with a chili relleno, and my wife had a fillet that comes with potato enchiladas.  We also had fried green tomatos and a cup of the jalapeño corn chowder.  All were excellent.

The photo does not do the food justice. The sauce on my ribeye was a very good chimichurri.

All of the sauces were bright and interesting.  Excellent flavors.  Great wine and whisky selection.

Unfortunately, the place was empty.  I think their selection of location and lack of any marketing is a problem!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13:20 am »

I've been there before. They advertise on the radio and have billboards.

It's good, but definitely a special occasion place for me. They say they are in sapulpa when in actuality it seems more like West Tulsa.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:17:00 am »

It's good, but definitely a special occasion place for me. They say they are in sapulpa when in actuality it seems more like West Tulsa.

We really liked it, but when you see restaurants pushing deals on Groupon and then you are the only people in the dining room at 6pm on a Saturday night, it becomes painfully obvious that they may not be long for this world, and that's sad because the food is good!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:17:29 am »

It's the 2nd Avalon Steak House.  Avalon built it and occupied it for a very short time.

They're active on social media but you're right, I've only seen it busy once.

The food is quite good.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 08:19:37 am »

Their address does include a Tulsa zipcode (74131) so you'd be right about that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:54:45 am »

We really liked it, but when you see restaurants pushing deals on Groupon and then you are the only people in the dining room at 6pm on a Saturday night, it becomes painfully obvious that they may not be long for this world, and that's sad because the food is good!

They've been open over a year I think.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:21:54 am »

They've been there over a year, and not sure how they have made it this long, it's never crowded.  The food is great but for it's location the price point is out of reach of most people who live and work in the area.

That area is a weird geographic anomaly, Tulsa zip code but it's an area annexed by Sapulpa.  Water and sewage supply and sales tax rate are all Sapulpa.  Only reason I know is I've got a client in the area I've helped in the past with an industrial waste water project.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 02:29:31 pm »

Sorry, I don't want my steak covered in any 'sauce' makes me question the quality of the beef and the ability of your staff to grill it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 02:35:35 pm »

Sorry, I don't want my steak covered in any 'sauce' makes me question the quality of the beef and the ability of your staff to grill it.

It doesn't make any sense but "that's what she said" popped into my noggin.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »

that sounds like a night full of Marshall's consumption (obligatory reference now made).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 02:49:20 pm »

I see what you did there, the woman I am seeing would agree.,
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »

I dunno a mesquite grilled thick fresh pork chop shmeared with hatch chile goat cheese and topped with mushroom ragout is pretty damn spectacular.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 03:45:21 pm »

Can't beat a good chimichurri on a steak!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 04:28:18 pm »

I see what you did there, the woman I am seeing would agree.,

TMI,  TMI,   TMI,.....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacks fan
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 01:01:24 am »

I dunno a mesquite grilled thick fresh pork chop shmeared with hatch chile goat cheese and topped with mushroom ragout is pretty damn spectacular.

Pork and Chicken, I will make an exception on, especially after living in AZ and love Sonoran cooking, I just prefer my steak, rib eye, t-bone, Porterhouse, NY Strip and such lightly seasoned, and maybe carmalized onions and sauted portabello mushrooms. Just my preference.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org