A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:24 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil and Brent done?  (Read 72273 times)
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2016, 10:42:40 pm »

Spotify as a build your own list beats Pandora, Pandora with enough thumb ups and downs is great for radio. Like others my goto now is Google Play Music. I have 5-6 GB of music synced with Google Play Music, so I don't miss my Spotify playlists, and its station recommendations are good. 

Unrelated: I no longer subscribe to Pandora (ads free) but I do still listen to stations I have made over the years, their algorithms for station and customization is still good. Normally I am not a fan of mergers but I think Spotify could "stay" on top of steaming music with the absorption of Pandora for its radio stations, they could even keep the because you listen to this you might like stations, they would just work loads better.

Slightly Back on topic: I miss KMOD and edge Tulsa, while edge Tulsa corporately has closer ties locally than in the past it's turning to much into an oldies station. That is what separated the edge from KMOD their focus was on current and NEW rock. I also liked KMOD it had a good mix of older rock and new rock, maybe I just hate the iheartradio branding and marketing. Just too much repeat music on both stations, which is ridiculous, they both should have access to so much content. Anyway blah.

XM: If I spent more time in my car it may be worth it, but really I can't justify the cost. Shrug

Thank you,
Robert Town
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2016, 09:00:41 am »

Spotify as a build your own list beats Pandora, Pandora with enough thumb ups and downs is great for radio. Like others my goto now is Google Play Music. I have 5-6 GB of music synced with Google Play Music, so I don't miss my Spotify playlists, and its station recommendations are good. 

Unrelated: I no longer subscribe to Pandora (ads free) but I do still listen to stations I have made over the years, their algorithms for station and customization is still good. Normally I am not a fan of mergers but I think Spotify could "stay" on top of steaming music with the absorption of Pandora for its radio stations, they could even keep the because you listen to this you might like stations, they would just work loads better.

Slightly Back on topic: I miss KMOD and edge Tulsa, while edge Tulsa corporately has closer ties locally than in the past it's turning to much into an oldies station. That is what separated the edge from KMOD their focus was on current and NEW rock. I also liked KMOD it had a good mix of older rock and new rock, maybe I just hate the iheartradio branding and marketing. Just too much repeat music on both stations, which is ridiculous, they both should have access to so much content. Anyway blah.

XM: If I spent more time in my car it may be worth it, but really I can't justify the cost. Shrug

Very sad what has happened to them....I listened to them from the 70's - had to add a small FM modulator to translate the signal down to the AM only radio in my Olds.  Still have it in that car!  Don't know if it works now, though.

Anyone remember Chris Van Dyke?  Or know what became of him?  Always enjoyed listening to Scary Mary - sleep deprivation as a way of life!

Phil came along and then Brent showed up and those two made magic!  Always liked Kitty Roberts - but I knew her outside of the radio world through American Theater Company.   I have a couple of VERY old t-shirts from live remotes done back in the deep, dark past.  KMOD - the Rainbow Station!  Gonna have to dig those up and see if I can post some pics...

I spend some time in a car and occasionally get the opportunity to listen to Sirius XM - pretty good stuff.  And Sirius before that....used to get to listen to "Sirus Disorder" quite a bit and that was really good.  Even bought a couple dollars worth of the company stock a few years ago, and it went up about 4 times, so I like it even better!

NPR is good car listening, especially in the evening.  Some interesting music going on out there.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org