A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:56:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil and Brent done?  (Read 72265 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2012, 05:14:37 pm »

Batboy...

Batboy is being held against his will. We need to raise money to get him out and prepare his legal defense. I will accept donations whnever I see you next. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2012, 05:24:11 pm »

Batboy is being held against his will. We need to raise money to get him out and prepare his legal defense. I will accept donations whnever I see you next. 

This should be Townie's new avatar.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2012, 05:50:32 pm »

Does KRMG still play music? 
Havent visited that spectrum since John Erling left.

I mostly listen the radio in the car.  It's been a while since I listened to KBEZ.  I remember it as elevator music.  I didn't want to be sent to sleepy land while driving.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2016, 06:43:16 pm »

Now its KMOD thats done.

Clear Channel Radio is history, and it's successor I-(heart) Radio is moving out of its present location at 26th & Memorial to make room for competitors like KRMG.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2016, 06:09:04 am »

Now its KMOD thats done.

Clear Channel Radio is history, and it's successor I-(heart) Radio is moving out of its present location at 26th & Memorial to make room for competitors like KRMG.

Maybe you will be next....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2016, 09:51:20 am »

Now its KMOD thats done.

I am out of range today...are they gone, or just an administrative change?

And do you think we should throw Breadhead a bone...?  He tries so hard with such limited resources....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwHtjAxO6KA

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2016, 11:18:59 am »

I am out of range today...are they gone, or just an administrative change?

And do you think we should throw Breadhead a bone...?  He tries so hard with such limited resources....

I was at a friends house last week, a block of commercials on KMOD blasting away.  I MADE him turn it off.

Off.

There are some things Im glad about being wrong about.  Paying for radio in my car just wasnt gonna happen, but once I became an extraterrestrial, I never looked back.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »

Got back in time to listen for a while on Tues night and again Wed morning - the BMMS.   What a waste of kilowatts.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2016, 02:42:19 pm »

I was at a friends house last week, a block of commercials on KMOD blasting away.  I MADE him turn it off.

Off.

There are some things Im glad about being wrong about.  Paying for radio in my car just wasnt gonna happen, but once I became an extraterrestrial, I never looked back.

I started with XM  in 2006 and have been a subscriber ever since. Mainly it was to cut down on the number of CD's  on road trips, but just so much more to listen to, and the sports package is really good. Where I live now regular radio is so limited  it's not even funny.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2016, 03:35:10 pm »

Got back in time to listen for a while on Tues night and again Wed morning - the BMMS.   What a waste of kilowatts.

I saw they are re-building the tower there.  Increased seating?

No clue where (or if) KMOD will re-locate.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2016, 02:19:08 pm »

I started with XM  in 2006 and have been a subscriber ever since. Mainly it was to cut down on the number of CD's  on road trips, but just so much more to listen to, and the sports package is really good. Where I live now regular radio is so limited  it's not even funny.

Same here.  I loved the old formats on XM when they were separate from Sirius.  Much more emphasis (IMHO) on the music and less on the DJs.  "CrossCountry" was one of the best and most unique mixes of blues, Americana and RedDirt and related.  I'm still mad they dropped that station in the merger.  But yeah,  I would listen to local radio (even with the ads) if anyone played a mix that I liked.  But I don't like Rap, or boy band pop or Nashville country, and I can only listen to classic rock for so long,  so I guess I'm out of luck.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2016, 02:32:01 pm »

Same here.  I loved the old formats on XM when they were separate from Sirius.  Much more emphasis (IMHO) on the music and less on the DJs.  "CrossCountry" was one of the best and most unique mixes of blues, Americana and RedDirt and related.  I'm still mad they dropped that station in the merger.  But yeah,  I would listen to local radio (even with the ads) if anyone played a mix that I liked.  But I don't like Rap, or boy band pop or Nashville country, and I can only listen to classic rock for so long,  so I guess I'm out of luck.

My wife and I spent an extended holiday weekend in New Mexico.  On the way home, we finally realized we hadn’t even played the radio after we left the Cimarron area until we got to Guymon.  We ended up turning it down again until the OKC stations were in range.  What was out there was pretty crappy.

Today’s music seems to lack a certain creativity or level of interest to me.  We both used to be country fans but I can’t stand the crap coming out of Nashville today.  All the pop music seems centered around female vocalists who sound like they have sucked down helium.

And like you, I’m beyond tired of hearing Sweet Home Alabama, Stairway To Heaven, etc. ad nauseum.

Probably just a sign of old fartism advancing.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2016, 02:41:21 pm »

The EDGE isn't much better, they never heard a dismal '90s song they didn't love hearing over and over again. Who in the world out there loves Soundgarden's "Spoonman" that much?
They should not be able to call themselves "alternative".
rebound
City Father

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2016, 08:54:05 am »

Probably just a sign of old fartism advancing.  Grin

And I will fight it with every fiber of my being!.  But yeah, I'm right there with you.  Seriously though, if a local station would just work off an amalgam of the Americana-related charts on this link, it would be number-one on my presets.   I haven't actually listened to most of these people, but if they are on these charts I'd probably find them interesting:

http://www.americanaradio.com/charts.htm

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2016, 11:23:28 am »

Why are you guys depending on local stations or XM?

Why not Pandora or Amazon Music?

Pandora is free with commercials or incredibly cheap commercial free.  You can program your own preferences on Pandora.

Amazon Music is included if you have a prime account.

Just bluetooth to your car from your phone.

Aside from Public Radio Tulsa, local stations have been crap for decades and XM is just too damned high.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org