A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil and Brent done?  (Read 72261 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 02:08:23 pm »

They probably are still under contract for awhile and are just being paid to not be on the radio for now. CC clearly (no pun) didn't want them back on air once they knew the contract wasn't being renewed.

Do radio contracts have non-competes?

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 02:15:43 pm »

I believe so. Most likely a minimum of six months.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2012, 02:33:34 pm »

Do radio contracts have non-competes?

You would think so, but I was also told No-Compete clauses have no teeth in right-to-work states.
Dont know what that has to do with the price of tea in China...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »

No compete should only be relevant if they broke their own contract.  If the contract expired and did not renew, they have a right to make a living without moving 1/2 way across country.  Seems pretty crass for CC to unceremoniously dump a couple of guys who made them millions over the last quarter century and not even give them a decent send-off.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2012, 07:13:56 pm »

No compete should only be relevant if they broke their own contract.  If the contract expired and did not renew, they have a right to make a living without moving 1/2 way across country.  Seems pretty crass for CC to unceremoniously dump a couple of guys who made them millions over the last quarter century and not even give them a decent send-off.

With the passing of Phil Stone   http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19656.0 
the damage is now irreversible.

Is it time to stick a fork in KMOD yet?   Maybe the numbers havent caught up to the current reality yet, but I would have laughed out loud a few years ago if someone had said I would be listening to KBEZ.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2012, 09:15:05 pm »

I caught some KMOD a couple weeks ago in the morning.  Don't know anything about the clowns there now, but I couldn't handle more than about 3 minutes of it....and everyone knows how patient and understanding I am.  It really stunk up the place.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2012, 10:16:26 pm »

but I would have laughed out loud a few years ago if someone had said I would be listening to KBEZ.

Oh please.   KRMG before KBEZ

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »

With the passing of Phil Stone   http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19656.0 
the damage is now irreversible.

Is it time to stick a fork in KMOD yet?   Maybe the numbers havent caught up to the current reality yet, but I would have laughed out loud a few years ago if someone had said I would be listening to KBEZ.

I replaced KMOD with KWGS on my FM programming.  I go to 103.3 when I want programming similar to the old KMOD.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2012, 11:49:01 am »

I caught some KMOD a couple weeks ago in the morning.  Don't know anything about the clowns there now, but I couldn't handle more than about 3 minutes of it....and everyone knows how patient and understanding I am.  It really stunk up the place.

Completely different demographic now.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2012, 01:54:53 pm »

Completely different demographic now.

Just like MTV. They are about anything but music videos. There is a spoof video of their CEO telling it like it is on YouTube. If I could only imbed it(or knew how) I would.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 03:13:01 pm »

Oh please.   KRMG before KBEZ

Does KRMG still play music? 

Havent visited that spectrum since John Erling left.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 03:16:38 pm »

Does KRMG still play music? 

Havent visited that spectrum since John Erling left.

It can provide you with news at certain times.  There's a 3 hour Hannity show on air right now.  So do with that as you will.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »

It can provide you with news at certain times.  There's a 3 hour Hannity show on air right now.  So do with that as you will.

I'm guessing that 3 hour Hannity show you wouldn't consider 'news'...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2012, 03:46:09 pm »

I'm guessing that 3 hour Hannity show you wouldn't consider 'news'...

Weekly World News kind of thing.  Batboy, "I had Bigfoot's baby", etc.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2012, 03:49:33 pm »

Weekly World News kind of thing.  Batboy, "I had Bigfoot's baby", etc.

You wouldn't happen to work with people who have letters for their full names, would you?   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org