A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:50:19 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil and Brent done?  (Read 72269 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 11:03:03 pm »

169 is excellent when you finally get out of Oklahoma.  4 lane a lot of the way, with bypasses around most of the towns past Coffeyville.

Wouldn't it be nice if Oklahoma could pull it's head out and fix the road like it should have 30 years ago...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 02:24:32 pm »

If i were Phil and Brent I would take my act to the live venues. I'd rather hear their act than anybody else especially opening acts. Maybe politics ala Al Frankin...

They may be better doing syndicated bits or a podcast.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 10:38:01 pm »

They may be better doing syndicated bits or a podcast.

The "weeklong blowout" farewell plans, well...

The pair's original last day was set for October 12th, but officials at the radio station say KMOD will run "best of" shows this week, and the pair will not return after their scheduled vacation.
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Phil-Brent-hang-up-their-headphones/XLiVT3R2PE28OVXu-uvYjg.cspx

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 03:12:08 pm »

Well, it's Clear Channel....what can you expect?

Idiots.  Most of whom are Harvard School of Business graduates.

Won't be bothering with KMOD any more....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 09:16:08 am »

Big Mad Morning Show from 92.1 taking over the morning drive on KMOD?

Boy there went their Arbitrons deep into the tank.  I listened to the 92.1 show on the way in this morning to see if it was anything worth listening to: the topic was "Facebook fishing".  They are a truckload of suck.

I suspect local programming is going to fade away entirely in terrestrial radio over the next 10-20 years.  Much sooner for KMOD it would appear.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 09:27:07 am »

Big Mad Morning Show from 92.1 taking over the morning drive on KMOD?

Boy there went their Arbitrons deep into the tank.  I listened to the 92.1 show on the way in this morning to see if it was anything worth listening to: the topic was "Facebook fishing".  They are a truckload of suck.

I suspect local programming is going to fade away entirely in terrestrial radio over the next 10-20 years.  Much sooner for KMOD it would appear.

You're definitely not their demo.

NPR.  It improves a person.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 09:51:18 am »

I agree Conan. They have the worst morning show I have ever heard. If you are lucky they may play two songs a hour. Nothing but unfunny smut radio. They have this idea that they are the local Howard Stern.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 09:55:30 am »

I agree Conan. They have the worst morning show I have ever heard. If you are lucky they may play two songs a hour. Nothing but unfunny smut radio. They have this idea that they are the local Howard Stern.

Buzz by a remote.  You'll get an idea of their audience and you'll understand.

I watched 3 guys chug glasses of cream gravy to win fight tickets.

If that's your thing, then that's your thing.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 10:12:04 am »

Inzinga and Spinozi on BobFM in OKC is actually a really good morning drive show.  I'd be a listener if CC could lure them to Tulsa for KMOD. 

The writing is on the wall.  Not enough revenue to keep Phil & Brent and they are already doing Nikki Sixx's syndicated show at night.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 10:17:55 am »

Agreed Towny. Just hard to swallow that once again us old guy's are being kicked to the curb.
It's nice to hear my favorite 80s music in most of the new commercials since most all ad execs are around my age.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 10:20:36 am »

Agreed Towny. Just hard to swallow that once again us old guy's are being kicked to the curb.
It's nice to hear my favorite 80s music in most of the new commercials since most all ad execs are around my age.

Remember when 106.1 was an oldies station?  Originally that meant 60's music.  By the time it ended being an oldies station it was playing '80's music.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 10:27:14 am »

Up until a few weeks ago, one of the Tulsa stations carried a program called "The Deep End with Nick Michaels"  which is a 2-4 hour syndicated program of the type of music KMOD used to play when I used to listen to them.

http://www.thedeependwithnickmichaels.com

If I could remember which station dropped it, I would send them a nastygram.  

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:37 am »

That also is true Patric. I haven't listened to KMOD on the regular in years. Their style of Rock started to border on the EDGE radio type of music.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 11:43:53 am »

Remember when 106.1 was an oldies station?  Originally that meant 60's music.  By the time it ended being an oldies station it was playing '80's music.

I remember 106.1 as a mix of 50s and 60s.  (That was in the mid to late 80s)

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 12:25:43 pm »

I loved that station. They, too, unceremoniously dumped their on-air talent, Kevan Seal. I remember the day I was scanning through the dial and heard Echo and the Bunnymen. I about flipped. Now if I want to hear the real music of my youth, I listen to XM First Wave.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org