A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:47:56 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil and Brent done?  (Read 72301 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 08:15:27 pm »

Had to get an FM converter to feed the AM only radio in my Cutlass, just so I could listen to KMOD - seems like it was about 1972 or 1973 when I ran across them.  Friend had a built in FM radio (he was richer) and got me hooked on it.  Chris Vandyke was dj for several years around then, too.

It took a lot of looking in a lot of salvage yards but I found a factory AM/FM for my 66 Skylark GS.  The radio was out of a 67 but the only difference was a minor change in the buttons.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 08:24:53 pm »

That's right - I remember - thanks!  Kitty must have just been news, then.

Wonder what Jeanne is doing today?  Do you know her?

She just started as a new character on "Criminal Minds" on CBS last night...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 09:08:13 pm »

That's right - I remember - thanks!  Kitty must have just been news, then.

Wonder what Jeanne is doing today?  Do you know her?

She's had a pretty steady career in Hollywood for the last 20 years after a break-out role in Basic Instinct with Sharon Stone and Michael Douglas.  She just landed a steady gig on Criminal Minds.  I never really knew her, she was a few years older and ran with a different crowd.  Her half sister and I were classmates though and her half brother was in charge of distribution for Urban Tulsa when I was the ad director there.  That was about the time she was making it big so I had some insight into the backstory of her journey to Hollywood.  (I remember thinking "yeah, right your sister landed a role in a movie with Michael Douglas...Suuuuuurrre!!!")

Another random piece of trivia is I believe she may have the honor of being on the cover of Uptown News (predecessor to Urban Tulsa) more than any other subject.  She was a favorite of photographer Lavada Nichols and could do some of really hip & quirky modeling.  She has a sort of unusual or exotic look to her.

I was told at the time I was working with her brother Jason that she had been discovered by Don Henley of the Eagles at an off-Broadway production and that he was somewhat responsible for getting her around some influential Hollywood types.

Her dad, Tommy, has played around Tulsa for years and like Leon Russell, had recorded with Gary Lewis & The Playboys.

I figured I'd post her IMDB for anyone who is interested in what all she has been in:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000675/

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »

Must have been Southwest.  I flew them to KC once.

Yeah, SWA used to have a flight to Midway that stopped in KC halfway.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 07:28:27 am »

She's had a pretty steady career in Hollywood for the last 20 years after a break-out role in Basic Instinct with Sharon Stone and Michael Douglas.  She just landed a steady gig on Criminal Minds.  I never really knew her, she was a few years older and ran with a different crowd.  Her half sister and I were classmates though and her half brother was in charge of distribution for Urban Tulsa when I was the ad director there.  That was about the time she was making it big so I had some insight into the backstory of her journey to Hollywood.  (I remember thinking "yeah, right your sister landed a role in a movie with Michael Douglas...Suuuuuurrre!!!")

Another random piece of trivia is I believe she may have the honor of being on the cover of Uptown News (predecessor to Urban Tulsa) more than any other subject.  She was a favorite of photographer Lavada Nichols and could do some of really hip & quirky modeling.  She has a sort of unusual or exotic look to her.

I was told at the time I was working with her brother Jason that she had been discovered by Don Henley of the Eagles at an off-Broadway production and that he was somewhat responsible for getting her around some influential Hollywood types.

Her dad, Tommy, has played around Tulsa for years and like Leon Russell, had recorded with Gary Lewis & The Playboys.

I figured I'd post her IMDB for anyone who is interested in what all she has been in:

Thanks.  Very interesting. 

I still think of her as a "kid" on the radio - and suddenly realized a minute ago - she is almost half a century old!!  Cripes!  Where have all those years gone...Huh

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 11:15:39 am »

Yeah, SWA used to have a flight to Midway that stopped in KC halfway.

When did they drop the TUL-MCI route?  I just pulled it up and you have to connect through Dallas?  Hell even if the layover is only 30 minutes at DAL, I think it would be a wash between driving to your destination in the KC metro from home (figuring in the early arrival at TUL, parking, then picking up a rental at MCI), especially if you were going to Johnson County or even into downtown KC.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 11:25:06 am »

Saw Jeannie at Whole Foods last year dressed down floppy. Did not bother  but assumed she was in to see her family. Tommy is a bigger star for me. Over the years he has been a huge part of the old Tulsa sound.
If i were Phil and Brent I would take my act to the live venues. I'd rather hear their act than anybody else especially opening acts. Maybe politics ala Al Frankin...

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:30:18 am by Teatownclown » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 11:50:26 am »

When did they drop the TUL-MCI route?  I just pulled it up and you have to connect through Dallas?  Hell even if the layover is only 30 minutes at DAL, I think it would be a wash between driving to your destination in the KC metro from home (figuring in the early arrival at TUL, parking, then picking up a rental at MCI), especially if you were going to Johnson County or even into downtown KC.

It's been a few years. I always preferred to drive to Kansas City when traveling for myself. I went to KU so I have driven it many, many times, but I would fly there for work, now it just makes no sense to fly at all.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »

Way off topic, but what's the quickest way?

75 to 35
44 to 71
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 02:45:16 pm »

75 to 35
44 to 71

Depends on where you are headed.  I could do 169 from Tulsa to State Ave in KCK in 3:45 late at night with little traffic.  Olathe in 3.5 hours is realistic.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 02:52:08 pm »

Depends on where you are headed.  I could do 169 from Tulsa to State Ave in KCK in 3:45 late at night with little traffic.  Olathe in 3.5 hours is realistic.

44 to 71 was always faster for me...depends on the construction though, especially on the WR.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 02:52:29 pm »

True. 169 seems a little more scenic with not a whole lot of stops.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 04:19:48 pm »

75 to 35
44 to 71

169 is the fastest route. 169 to 59 to I-35 is a close second. I-44 to 71 is MUCH longer, even with 71 now being limited access almost the whole way. Bartlesville alone makes 75 not a good choice.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 04:44:13 pm »

169 is the fastest route. 169 to 59 to I-35 is a close second. I-44 to 71 is MUCH longer, even with 71 now being limited access almost the whole way. Bartlesville alone makes 75 not a good choice.

That City has more stop and go than QuikTrip.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 05:39:45 pm »

169 to 59 to I-35 is a close second.

That is my prefered route.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org