A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:00 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Dark  (Read 45644 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 11:58:00 am »

You know that the many rituals evolved over the years for the care and feeding of an internal combustion engine are much more complicated than plugging in a battery charger, and can lead to any one of several paths of total destruction, rather than just a battery going dead.

Talk about thick headed, you take the prize.  You are still equating the maintenance of the prime mover with maintenance of the energy source.  Maybe you missed the posts where Nathan found the link showing that Tesla had taken pro-active design steps to protect the battery system on the S model (compared to the Roadster) and I agreed that it was much more reasonable.

Even the "vaunted" Cadillac Northstar - supposed to the be the ultimate GM engine - has a serious weak spot in its aluminum engine.  And you don't even have to abuse or ignore for that failure.  You can just drive it to 125,000 miles and watch it happen.  Head gaskets cost around $3500 to replace if you DON'T need new heads or block.  New air ride suspension on the DeVille costs about the same after just too few miles (well under 100,000).

I much prefer the approach that BMW took in the mid 90s.  The aluminum block V8 engines were susceptible to attack of the cylinder walls due to the higher level of sulphur in American fuel than was permitted in German fuel.  BMW extended the engine warranty to 6 years or 100,000.  If an engine was damaged by evidence of a leak during a differential compression check, the car owner got a new short block courtesy of BMW.   My car (1995 540i) never exhibited any problems that I noticed but per the dealer recommendation, I took it in for examination at 96,000 miles and it failed.  I got a new short block.  I did pay for a few extras like a new water pump for the new short block and all new cooling system hoses but I wasn't complaining.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:59:34 am by Red Arrow » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 10:18:30 pm »

Per the TW FB post Broken Arrow police will be equipped to enforce the tint law:
So there you go.  All safe now.

"It gives the officers a lot more comfort to have a weapon that is a lot more powerful and more versatile," he said. "We can utilize it in almost every instance that we do our job."

Assault rifles standard weapon for every situation?   What the hell is in Broken Arrows water?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2012, 08:16:05 am »

"It gives the officers a lot more comfort to have a weapon that is a lot more powerful and more versatile," he said. "We can utilize it in almost every instance that we do our job."

Assault rifles standard weapon for every situation?   What the hell is in Broken Arrows water?

Traffic control has gotten way out of hand.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:35 am »

A lot of Fluoride. It may brighten you're teeth. But not you're mind.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 10:02:52 am »

I think they use chlorine sourced from China, so you get a lot of melamine and meningitis fungus with it....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org