A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:58 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuesday! Tuesday! Tuesday! (in Owasso)  (Read 6900 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: September 17, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »

One of the television stations lead with a story about an upcoming fight at the regular Tuesday city council meeting in Owasso.  It seems that our local tea-baggist, Patrick Ross (aka Moe), has his heart set on ousting Rodney Ray from behind the city manager's desk.  Ray's contract expires at the end of November.  Ross doesn't want to renew it.

Normally, two councilors are the 'no' votes, Patrick Ross and Charlie Brown.  They're outnumbered three to two, something that perpetually irks Ross.  I guess that whole 'majority rules' thing isn't supposed to apply, but what do I know.

Ross makes vague accusations about alleged corruption, collusion, conspiracy, and those black helicopters hovering overhead.  I've challenged him to back up those allegations in comments on his blog, but he never allows the comments to appear. 

I'm planning to attend the council meeting on Tuesday with a camera and a recorder.  Chances are the news media will be there too.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:03 pm »

The comments at the Tulsa World are funny.   

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=325&articleid=20120917_325_0_OWASSO23436&allcom=1#comments

Oh, mine comments are under grobwright....................

Trust but verify
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:09:10 pm »

Ed,
Sorry, but if Owasso keeps electing 'mouth breather' like that Ross guy to office, then I would submit they deserve whatever they are gonna get.  I wouldn't let that guy walk behind and pick up after my dog.  If I had a dog.

I knew I didn't want to move up there now for a reason.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:10:50 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:05:34 am »

Ross is a teabaggist, with extreme views on the proper role of government.  You should see his personal blog.  It's instructive regarding his character. The guy was against spending public money on a sewer lift station that was causing raw sewage to back up into homes.

But even here his views are a minority opinion.  He's making lots of noise as a freshman councilor.  I think it's doubtful he'll see another term after next year's election.

Ed

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »

Well, that's a relief...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45:10 am »

The attempt to oust Rodney Ray from the city manager job lost four to one in last night's meeting, with Mr. Ross casting that single vote.

We need a responsible person to run against this clown next year.

Ed

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:08:07 am »

The attempt to oust Rodney Ray from the city manager job lost four to one in last night's meeting, with Mr. Ross casting that single vote.

Got a hat?  There's probably a ring.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 06:25:22 pm »

Get to it!!

Going by your high school picture, even if you have aged badly, you gotta look better than that guy.  Instant head start!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:29:43 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 07:27:29 pm »

I'll admit that I've thought about it. 

Ed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org