A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:47 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did not receive trash carts  (Read 48975 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2012, 10:56:17 am »

I got my pamphlet a few days ago.

Everything appears to be going swimmingly now.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:47 pm »

I dunno nothing about the trash carts/cans, I do know that if you did not pick your size cart/trash can by a certain date it would all default to the largest size can 95 gallons and they will bill you accordenly. All the best! Huh

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

I dunno nothing about the trash carts/cans, I do know that if you did not pick your size cart/trash can by a certain date it would all default to the largest size can 95 gallons and they will bill you accordenly. All the best! Huh

Request the size you'd like.  You still can.

Try out the blue can.  You can recycle now.

Shoot, I bet your neighbors love that you're so knowledgeable and keep them on the right track.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2012, 02:11:15 pm »

I know all about such things. If it stinks, call Michael.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2013, 03:24:02 pm »

Michael,

I understand Jenks is going to an all-in-one trash/recycle via the existing cart system with the recyclables then being separated pre-disposal with a keep bagging your garbage before putting in the cart and then put your recyclables in loose in the cart or something to that effect.  You have any scoop and if so are you going to keep the MET facility there?  Also it could use a good cleaning.

Kirby

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2013, 06:05:10 pm »

I don't know. I am not a big fan of that approach, but Jenks seems to have made up their mind.

My future in Jenks is iffy. I am fine with that.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2013, 08:14:56 am »

Michael,

I understand Jenks is going to an all-in-one trash/recycle via the existing cart system with the recyclables then being separated pre-disposal with a keep bagging your garbage before putting in the cart and then put your recyclables in loose in the cart or something to that effect.  You have any scoop and if so are you going to keep the MET facility there?  Also it could use a good cleaning.

Kirby

Was there alcohol involved? Are they supposed to sort on the street? If not, the trash trucks will just mix the two into one gooey wad. If not, I'm sure the trash guys are gonna love picking through leaky trash bags and questionable materials in the dark.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2013, 09:27:46 am »

Was there alcohol involved? Are they supposed to sort on the street? If not, the trash trucks will just mix the two into one gooey wad. If not, I'm sure the trash guys are gonna love picking through leaky trash bags and questionable materials in the dark.

Jenks picks up during the day.

I have long been asking Jenks for curbside, so this is good news but I am not sure how using a single cart will work. I may pay the extra few bucks for a second cart just to keep things straight.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2013, 09:51:08 am »

I'm with you on curbside for Jenks, been asking for years.  

I understand the carrier is going to take the entire waste stream to a trash sorter rather than direct to the fill or burner which is why they want the recyclables to be easier to get at.

My thought is to keep seperating and then dump my recycle bins into the cart weekly rather than drining them to the MET.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:53 am »

I am skeptical of the new proposal.

These type efforts have failed repeatedly, but Jenks seems bent on trying it.

The M.e.t. center in Jenks does great business, but it has always lost money and I have had to raise other money to keep it open the last 20 years. Jenks has given me no new direction, but if they want it closed and want to go another direction, I will gladly say yes and wish them luck.

The M.e.t.'s mission isn't to run recycling, but to help recycling.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:56 pm »

The M.e.t. center in Jenks does great business, but it has always lost money

How's the one in Bixby doing?   We have private trash haulers so the M.E.T. is my only real opportunity to recycle.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2013, 12:40:12 pm »

The Bixby center has really picked up lately. The town has a bunch of new transplants and most of them must be recyclers.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »

The Bixby center has really picked up lately. The town has a bunch of new transplants and most of them must be recyclers.

I know several of the builders and developers out there.  Bixby home sales are absolutely through the roof!  They were flat for the last few years, but all of a sudden they can't build homes fast enough.  You are exactly right, they are getting a ton of Midtown & South Tulsa, transplants.  Some friends of ours just relocated from a 1,800sf home off 27th and Harvard to a 3,200sf home in Bixby and reduced their mortgage by almost $100K.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »

Some friends of ours just relocated from a 1,800sf home off 27th and Harvard to a 3,200sf home in Bixby and reduced their mortgage by almost $100K.

Hope they don't work downtown. (or that they don't mind getting up early)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2013, 05:56:37 pm »

Hope they don't work downtown. (or that they don't mind getting up early)

I just hope they don't all come up Memorial. Sad

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org