A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:56 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did not receive trash carts  (Read 48970 times)
enits
Citizen

« on: September 13, 2012, 02:39:30 pm »

Hi guys..not sure if this is the proper area to post this...but here goes:

They delivered the new trash carts on my street today.  All the houses around me received theirs except my house.  I did everything I was supposed to do, yada yada yada --  Payments are on time.  

Anyway, has this happenned with anyone else?  

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 02:46:26 pm »

Us small fries that don't have much refuse don't get the 32 gal. delivered til a later date.

TTC filling in for RM.... Cheesy
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 03:08:45 pm »

They split up my hood into two delivery days. Yes, that means one trash day my neighbor had a cart but I didn't (I was actually mildly annoyed about missing yet another week of recycling..didn't care much about the trash can), but they came back and finished up a couple of days later. The folks with the teensy cans had theirs delivered at the same time as everyone else.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:14:58 pm »

918 596-9777 is the refuse line

918 596-2100 is the customer service line.

I recommend you wait till tomorrow to see if you get the cans.

If you have any further issues, send me a private message.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:48:39 pm »

I emailed the refuse department at their contact email for question on August 5th. Around the first of september I forwarded the email to Mr Lee. I finally called today and sat on hold for almost 15 minutes to get one simple question answered.

I'm guessing they are a bit overwhelmed
joiei
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »

If the cans do not come tomorrow call Chandy at 596-9776.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
enits
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 07:04:43 pm »

I called those numbers before I posted this question online.  I wasn't given an explanation as to why I didn't get them.  Both numbers checked my account to make sure I selected the trash carts on time (yes, I did).  They basically just said it was an error by the people on the truck.  *sigh*  Anyway, they put in a work order to let whoever is delivering the carts to deliver them to me.  The CSR from 918 596-9777 told me it could take a week to get it delivered and to call that number again in a week if nothing happens.  The CSR from 918 596-2100 told me she cannot guarantee when those carts will be delivered.  

So I guess it's a waiting game.  I'll be patient.  Thank you for the numbers. 

And RecycleMichael, I will PM you if nothing happens within a week or so.  THANKS again!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 07:50:10 pm »

I called those numbers before I posted this question online.  I wasn't given an explanation as to why I didn't get them.  Both numbers checked my account to make sure I selected the trash carts on time (yes, I did).  They basically just said it was an error by the people on the truck.  *sigh*  Anyway, they put in a work order to let whoever is delivering the carts to deliver them to me.  The CSR from 918 596-9777 told me it could take a week to get it delivered and to call that number again in a week if nothing happens.  The CSR from 918 596-2100 told me she cannot guarantee when those carts will be delivered.  

And RecycleMichael, I will PM you if nothing happens within a week or so.  THANKS again!

Keep in mid their deadline is the End of the month but I can tell you already they are way behind. They have been delivering in the purple this week when they are supposed to be already to the light green area
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120711_11_0_Thedis990485
enits
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 08:44:36 pm »

I'm in the light green area. 
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 06:19:02 am »

We were the only ones on our street that didn't get ours when they delivered them about a month ago.  They just delivered ours yesterday.  I think it was because we wanted the "default" ones.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 07:50:04 am »

Keep in mid their deadline is the End of the month but I can tell you already they are way behind. They have been delivering in the purple this week when they are supposed to be already to the light green area
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120711_11_0_Thedis990485

There's still pile after pile of carts in the lay down yard around the corner from my shop and MVT is still brining more daily.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37:12 am »

Just a guess, but with two weeks to go, they're going to have to start working 3 shifts or it isn't happening.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 10:08:06 am »

Did you check with your neighbors to see if anyone else got too many carts? That happened on my street...one house in the middle got four carts and one on the end none.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 11:35:11 am »

They stopped the deliveries Tuesday in my neighborhood NEXT DOOR!

enits
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 09:14:25 am »

Did you check with your neighbors to see if anyone else got too many carts? That happened on my street...one house in the middle got four carts and one on the end none.

The thought did come to mind. I drove around the neighborhood and didn't see any extras after they were delivered. 

So it's a wait and see.  I sincerely hope I get one before October 1st.  Otherwise, it would really STINK if I don't have one and they don't pick up my trash. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org