A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:16 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, how many times...  (Read 1754 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: September 10, 2012, 06:16:07 pm »

...can one candidate flip-flop on a subject in 72 hours?

So first, on MTP (Meet The Press) Sunday morning, Willard tells David Gregory this:

"Of course, there are a number of things that I like in healthcare reform that I'm going to put in place. One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage."

That evidently riled up the anti-Obamacare group to the point that we saw this in the National Review on early Sunday (from a Romney aide):

"in a competitive environment, the marketplace will make available plans that include coverage for what there is demand for. He was not proposing a federal mandate to require insurance plans to offer those particular features."

Then, in a stunning triple-gainer of a flip-flop, a Romney aide once again retracted:

"Governor Romney will ensure that discrimination against individuals with pre-existing conditions who maintain continuous coverage is prohibited"

Now, to his credit, the aide referred a section of a statement the Governor made in June:

"I also want to make sure that people can’t get dropped if they have a preexisting condition. . . . So let’s say someone has been continuously insured and they develop a serious condition and let’s say they lose their job or they change jobs, they move and they go to a new place. I don’t want them to be denied insurance because they’ve got some preexisting condition. So we’re going to have to make sure that the law we replace Obamacare with assures that people who have a preexisting condition, who’ve been insured in the past are able to get insurance in the future so they don’t have to worry about that condition keeping them from getting the kind of health care they deserve."

So while the Governor appears to maintain his point, evidently the campaign didn't know this.  At best, it's miscommunication.  At worst, it's a terribly run campaign.  It gives the appearance of wishy-washiness.

Oh, wait...this is Romney's campaign, however.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:13:25 pm »

And now he's giving Paul Ryan flip-flop cooties....  Cheesy

Paul Ryan: Let States Decide on Medical Marijuana
8 hours ago
http://www.nationalreview.com/media/video/316426#

Paul Ryan’s campaign immediately retracts candidate’s support for medical marijuana
By Stephen C. Webster
Monday, September 10, 2012
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/10/paul-ryan-immediately-retracts-support-for-medical-marijuana/

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:18:21 pm »

Let's not forget that Rick Santorum said this of Romney in March:

"You win by giving people the opportunity to see a different vision for our country, not someone who's just going to be a little different than the person in there. If you're going to be a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk with what may be the Etch A Sketch candidate of the future."

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org