A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:15:51 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is tulsa better than OKC?  (Read 5690 times)
SoonerRiceGrad
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:56:21 am »

I started a thread over on the Urban OK forums about which city do people like better, butit just got dusty. I voted OKC, but I feel insecure that I might have voted just because I live in OKC.

Can someone give me a reason that Tulsa is better than OKC? Is there an edge that Tulsa has over OKC?

Here's how I see it:

Tulsa is classier, prettier, and wealthier. Tulsa has trees, rivers, and hills. Tusa has great architecture and great suburbs. Tulsa has also had Oklahoma's last 3 fastest growing cities (BA Owasso, Jenks).

OKC is bigger, cooler, and more fun. OKC has several booming urban districts and a downtown surrounded in all directions with new condos and developments. OKC has Edmond, which is Universal Publications's best small town to live in. Edmond will be home to next year's Senior PGA Golf Tournament. OKC has several major universities (OU, OCU, and UCO).

Those are the main differances I see, but both cities have great museums, great downtowns, are easy to get around, and both have a plan for the future.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 12:25:40 pm by SoonerRiceGrad » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org