A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:51:33 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony Scott - 08-19-2012  (Read 2830 times)
erfalf
City Father

« on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443989204577600312065200478.html?KEYWORDS=Tony+Scott

Sad to hear this. I probably watched Top Gun more than any other movie when I was a child. I was certain I was going to be a pilot.

The guy had some incredible titles under his belt that will be watched again and again forever: Man on Fire, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State, Days of Thunder, Top Gun.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:39:28 pm »

Heard he'd been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer....Bold way of ending it. Euthanasia anyone?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:11:00 pm »

Heard he'd been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer....Bold way of ending it. Euthanasia anyone?

Ah. I had wondered what might have caused this. Sad

The last movie I remember him putting out was "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. It was a little over the top, but that was TS all the way.

"Ghost Rider, requesting flyby"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »

"Ghost Rider, requesting flyby"

The double high five thing was mimicked ad nauseam.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org