A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:16:18 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yelp  (Read 5019 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: August 10, 2012, 09:17:58 am »

Do you guy's "Yelp"?
I had not heard of this web site until last night on "Anger Management" When Charlie Sheens character mentioned it.

http://www.yelp.com/tulsa-ok

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:19:53 am »

I don't.  I use FB and Urban Spoon for that information.

I have the app but I never reference it.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:23 am »

i just started using Yelp a few weeks ago while in oakland/sf.  it worked great and has now become my "go to".  i actually used it last night for restaurant ideas here in town (my wife and i have a habit of going to the same places over and over).  i can't say that Yelp is better or worse than its peer apps.  it may just be more esthetically pleasing (or like a new toy) to me than the others.  i do like that it isn't limited to just eating.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:23 am »

I use it when traveling. The search option to show restaurants that are "open now" is key when it's late and  you're looking for a bite without having to wade through a bunch of joints that have already closed for the night.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 12:31:42 pm »

I use it when traveling. The search option to show restaurants that are "open now" is key when it's late and  you're looking for a bite without having to wade through a bunch of joints that have already closed for the night.

This. I use the iPhone app when I am traveling to find things.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 02:37:47 pm »

When traveling I prefer to use Chowhound to get restaurant reviews/feedback.  Unfortuantely, Chowhound is only useful for the larger metropolitan areas.

I used Yelp locally for a while, but the 5-star reviews for Cracker Barrel made me question its usefulness.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 09:44:11 am »

When traveling I prefer to use Chowhound to get restaurant reviews/feedback.  Unfortuantely, Chowhound is only useful for the larger metropolitan areas.

I used Yelp locally for a while, but the 5-star reviews for Cracker Barrel made me question its usefulness.

What? You don't think canned green beans and gravy ("cravy") rates 5 stars? Snob.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org