A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:46:09 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Now Buying Group  (Read 46526 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: August 10, 2012, 06:36:53 am »

Looking at some of the other threads where people are recommending other members of Tulsa Now to each other, I thought we might start a thread to showcase what each of us do, so that we might be able to do business together.  We can keep it anonymous for those who like to hide behind trees.  You can simply PM the member if their offering appeals to you.

Use this format:

Type of business:

Product or service:

Average customer size:

Perfect customer:

Years in business:

Corporate office city:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:44:38 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 06:44:00 am »

I'll start.

Type of business:  Business consulting, software and systems engineering.

Product or service: My company provides consulting, software, and systems to manufacturing and distribution companies, as well as service and retail.  We configure and implement ERP (fancy term for business software) systems that help businesses reduce costs, labor, and increase profits.  The systems we offer are modular and include everything from accounting and inventory management, to process and service management.  They include moble access apps for owners, sales people, and technicians in the field, and can be configured to a wide range of business models.

Average customer size: $5 million to $500 million.

Perfect customer:  Any company that maintains control on inventory, and is looking for a system to replace aging technology, or a single system to replace multiple platforms.

Years in business: Over 20 years.

Corporate office City: Tulsa

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:00:51 am »

Type of business: Environmental non-profit

Product or service: Recycling

Average customer size: 5' 10" 180 pounds

Perfect customer: drinks lot of beverages in aluminum cans and brings them to our centers

Years in business: 26

Corporate office city: Tulsa

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:44 am »

Type of business: Satellite Television and High Speed internet.

Product or service: DirecTV, Dish Network, Exede and HughesNet.

Average customer size: All.

Perfect customer: Rural and Cable TV customers.

Years in business: Since 1982.

Corporate office city: Tulsa / Oklahoma City.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 03:44:52 pm »

Ooh, I'm Michael's perfect customer! I feel special indeed!  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 04:42:11 pm »

Perfect customer: drinks lot of beverages in aluminum cans and brings them to our centers

Almost, I prefer my beverages in glass.  I do recycle them though.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »

Type of business:

Artist

Product or service:

Specializing in Trompe L'oeil Murals for the home and business.   Also occasionally do portraits and painted furniture and have now started a collection of Art Deco style paintings and prints. 

Average customer size:

Typically a family of 3-4 persons.

Perfect customer:

Richer than God  (but am happy to do work for people having just about any budget) 

Years in business:

20+

Corporate office city:

Tulsa

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 07:30:24 pm »

This is what I do in my spare time...when I'm not being a private eye, that is.

Type of business: Freelance writer

Product or service: Primarily technical writing on electronic-related subjects, but includes bicycling, photography, history, humor, and more. Specialization is for insects.

Average customer size: One.

Perfect customer: A perfect client states his requirements clearly and concisely, doesn't change them after copy is submitted, and doesn't demand countless re-writes.

Years in business: Three (for profit.)  Twenty five (for publication.)

Corporate office city:  Wherever I happen to be sitting!

I've been told that writing is much like prostitution.  First, we do it for fun, then for a few close friends.  Finally, we do it for the money.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 08:08:44 pm »

Years in business:
20+

I am favorably impressed. Congratulations on being able to do what you do successfully for that many years.
I am serious, congratulations.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »

Type of business: ...High Speed internet.

Man could I use someone with those skills to get this damned internet router to put out enough signal for all corners of my house. Also, looking for the right guy to track down my architect and give a good talkin to about the location of my office.

/rant

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 06:36:48 am »

Man could I use someone with those skills to get this damned internet router to put out enough signal for all corners of my house. Also, looking for the right guy to track down my architect and give a good talkin to about the location of my office.

Just use two APs (or however many are necessary to get the coverage you require). If you don't have network between the two locations, use your cable TV lines with a pair of MoCA bridges. You can use a range extender, but that cuts the wifi speed in halfish. You could also get a more sensitive router/AP, but then you just end up with annoying dead spots. It shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred in parts.

Personally, I'd probably buy two Actiontec MI424WR routers for $25 each on eBay to use as bridges (their wireless radios are old and crappy, but they're cheaper than purpose-built MoCA adapters) and a couple of dual band wireless routers that can be configured to work in AP-only mode. If I had $600 to spend on APs at the time, it would be a couple of Unifi Pro APs. If not, probably whatever Linksys or D-Link was on sale at Amazon or wherever.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:00:44 am »

/rant

Mine works in every corner of the house and outside. You buy some piece of crap like Linksys?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:15:22 am »

Type of business: IT Systems Support

Product or service: Server, Desktop/Laptop, Infrastructure installation and support. Some web/application support such as Wordpress, CSS, etc.

Average customer size: 8-5 I support an environment with 22,000 internal users and several million external users, but also do home and small office work.

Perfect customer: All of them

Years in business: 17ish

Corporate office city: Columbus, OH
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 03:03:02 pm »

Mine works in every corner of the house and outside. You buy some piece of crap like Linksys?
Well get your rear over here and fix mine then. And a lol over linksys...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 03:18:56 pm »

Are we going to get into one of those "my router is bigger than your router" competitions?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org