A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:56:43 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods on 41st  (Read 13386 times)
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 06:26:14 pm »

I like Whole Foods because it has produce that I can't get at Reasors. I'm far from being hipster, but I am a bit of a foodie and I appreciate the specialized ingredients available there.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »

I like Whole Foods because it has produce that I can't get at Reasors. I'm far from being hipster, but I am a bit of a foodie and I appreciate the specialized ingredients available there.

Better living through chemistry.  (DuPont)

Grin

Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 08:28:07 pm »

Better living through chemistry.  (DuPont)

Grin

Don't make me bust out some molecular gastronomy.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:48 pm »

What gives with Whole Foods? Is it just a upscale hipster heath food store?

Yes

I'm not cool enough or overpaid enough to shop there.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:59 am »

Yes

I'm not cool enough or overpaid enough to shop there.

Or choose that as a priority.  I don't shop there,  but have lots of friends that do that I wouldn't consider matching either of your descriptions.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:56 am »

I do most of my grocery shopping at the walmart neighborhood market down the street, then buy some produce at Whole Foods. The two places cancel each other out.

The produce area at Whole Foods is miles better than any grocery store I've been to in town, so I try to limit my purchases to that.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 12:48:49 pm »

The produce area at Whole Foods is miles better than any grocery store I've been to in town, so I try to limit my purchases to that.

Check out their bulk section.  Their meat depatment does a good job as well.  (I was a fish monger for them for 6 months or so last year)

The trick to not spending alot there is AVOID THECENTER OF THE STORE.  Most of their margin is made on the cheesy grocery items in the center of the store.  I never buy toiletries from them either.  Also, their salad bar is rediculously expensive.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 01:50:54 pm »

Expanding by moving into the former Homeland on Harvard?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFc1pr2yUU[/youtube]

Anybody hear any rumors about this space?  I suspect if the Walgreens USA Drug merger goes through the Drug Warehouse across the street will go dark as well.  Seems like a couple of really good spaces available, but I’m not thinking a Whole Paycheck/Fresh Market style market would go in either place, that’s a market segment which seems to be getting more dense by the month in Tulsa.

TTC- what’s the specialty of Sproutz?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/whole-foods-receives-warning-letter-from-the-fda-for-serious-violations/ar-AAh38hw?li=BBnb7Kz

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 02:43:42 pm »

Also, their salad bar is rediculously expensive.

But its probably the best salad bar in town, if you want your salad to be a whole meal.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org