A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:33:40 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods on 41st  (Read 13387 times)
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« on: August 09, 2012, 08:25:16 am »

Does anybody know what's going on with the renovations of the Whole Foods building on 41st Street?

It looks like they may just be making cosmetic changes to the roof, but it could be more.

I was wondering if they are planning on expanding into the space west of the store there.  They sure could use the extra space, as that store is so cramped.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:35:04 am »

Does anybody know what's going on with the renovations of the Whole Foods building on 41st Street?

It looks like they may just be making cosmetic changes to the roof, but it could be more.

I was wondering if they are planning on expanding into the space west of the store there.  They sure could use the extra space, as that store is so cramped.

Yes cosmetic...t's a change in the facade the owners wanted to do. Whole Paycheck took some additional square footage to the west where the gift shop was but held off knocking a hole in the wall and incorporating it into the existing store...maybe someday.  
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:39:45 am »

I spoke with a store rep and they said right now the work is cosmetic.

"The expansion is definitely happening and will be completed before the South store is done in October 2013."
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:44:47 am »

I spoke with a store rep and they said right now the work is cosmetic.

"The expansion is definitely happening and will be completed before the South store is done in October 2013."

So they *are* expanding... just not right now?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 08:49:14 am »

So they *are* expanding... just not right now?

Yes.  The expansion is planned and is scheduled to be completed before October, 2013.  The work you are seeing right now is purely cosmetic.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 08:49:17 am »

Expanding by moving into the former Homeland on Harvard?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFc1pr2yUU[/youtube]

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:43 am »

Expanding by moving into the former Homeland on Harvard?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFc1pr2yUU[/youtube]

Highly doubtful with Sunfllower/Sproutz going in at 41st and Harvard.....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 11:11:55 am »

Are they expanding into the Liquor store?

I'm having a hard time imagining where there's room.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 11:34:19 am »

Probably the old Med-X space between the current Whole Foods boundary and the liquor store.

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 12:33:51 pm »

Probably the old Med-X space between the current Whole Foods boundary and the liquor store.

This.

Next time you go by, you'll notice there is an empty space in between Whole Foods and Old Village liquor.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 01:18:58 pm »

WF has already moved into where that gift store used to be but it isn't part of the WF store yet.   To make that work they will have to reconfigure their kitchen and deli area.   It would be nice to have a larger prepared foods section on that side of the store like the one at Preston and Royal in Dallas.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 01:21:44 pm »

They are not taking the old Med X space. They are expanding the prepared/bakery/eating area. When I visited Green Acres this week I noticed they do not have an area with tables. Nice store but more head on with Akins. I wonder how many folks will cross the river to shop in Jinx.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 03:48:39 pm »

They are not taking the old Med X space. They are expanding the prepared/bakery/eating area. When I visited Green Acres this week I noticed they do not have an area with tables. Nice store but more head on with Akins. I wonder how many folks will cross the river to shop in Jinx.

Wife and kids went over there to check it out yesterday and get a salad.  Had to go outside and eat it on the curb.  She said the prices are much better at WF and FM, so that's the last time she will be there.  There was a guy in line in front of her with about $100 worth of groceries he was trying to buy on an EBT card.  The machine turned him down and finally the manager came over and told him that they were not set up to accept EBT.  He had to leave all of his groceries there.  Seems like they really aren't ready to be open.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 08:55:56 am »

I don't see this denting Reasors Jenks store's business much, if at all.  That store is very nice and already caters to the healthier shopper.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 03:29:15 pm »

Ok that's it. You guy's are always the front runners on whats new and hip(yes I said it)
So after this topic was started. All the sudden I see all kinds of Whole Food stories.
Celebrity stories, Theft stories, Reality TV stories etc.etc.etc.
What gives with Whole Foods? Is it just a upscale hipster heath food store?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org