A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:02 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Day of Support for...  (Read 72227 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2014, 02:24:18 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYIUuyoSVAs#t=30[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2019, 10:52:42 pm »

Texas lawmaker says Chick-fil-A has a fundamental right to have a store in every airport
https://thinkprogress.org/texas-lawmaker-jeff-leach-chick-fil-a-rights-airport-bill-3477dd646b53/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:11 am »

Texas lawmaker says Chick-fil-A has a fundamental right to have a store in every airport
https://thinkprogress.org/texas-lawmaker-jeff-leach-chick-fil-a-rights-airport-bill-3477dd646b53/

He's an example of the anti-arabic-numerals-taught-in-schools crowd.

It got him on FOX news.  Mission accomplished.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2019, 02:21:02 pm »

This is kind of an aside, but how would you express a binary number with Roman numerals?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2019, 10:30:05 pm »

This is kind of an aside, but how would you express a binary number with Roman numerals?

Lots of ones and .....

Gee, I guess besides reducing the Greek numeral set of 26 down to 10, and fixing the more obvious problems with Roman numerals,  we also owe the Arab's a huge debt of gratitude for that tiny little hole they put in the number line!  0. 

Or ever try to multiply Roman numerals?   We were taught one method in 5th grade summer school (NOT in Oklahoma!) and it was painful....here is a tutorial to help with that...
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=how+to+multiply+roman+numerals#kpvalbx=1

Got the poll asking who thinks we shouldn't force teaching Arabic numerals in school.  57% agree!   S M H !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2019, 07:33:27 am »

NM
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:37:22 am by Oil Capital » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2019, 10:13:51 am »

Got the poll asking who thinks we shouldn't force teaching Arabic numerals in school.  57% agree!   S M H !!

Probably the same hoaxters that got people to beliieve the OK sign was something evil.

The OK symbol is a perfect example of finding the right balance between reporting while trying not to amplify an obvious 4chan troll. Launched on 4chan as “Operation O-KKK,” the OK symbol’s goal was simple: spread it enough as an anti-Semitic gesture, both online and offline, and hope the media picked up on the campaign. A document was posted on 4chan, as reported by The Boston Globe, instructing members to effectively troll the mainstream public until it became a thing people couldn’t ignore.

“[W]e must flood Twitter and other social media websites . . . claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy,” the document reads. “Leftists have dug so deep down into their lunacy. We must force [them] to dig more, until the rest of society ain’t going anywhere near that [expletive].”

The issue, according to Segal, is that it’s impossible to prove intent. Reporting it as a blatant anti-Semitic symbol plays into the 4chan trolls’ game, but ignoring that some self-identified white nationalists are using the gesture is equally harmful. The answer is still unclear, but it helps explain why niche memes and radicalization attempts are on the front pages of The New York Times, The Washington Post, or The Boston Globe.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/23/17991274/npc-meme-4chan-press-coverage-viral

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org