A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:03:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Day of Support for...  (Read 73092 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »

Here comes the dooshbaggery:

Guys expressing their opinion using their right to free speech in the same way as the Chick-Fil-A CEO does, but without the tax deductible money?  Yeah, sounds like dooshbaggery to me....(sarcasm, if anyone missed it.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2012, 12:38:07 pm »

There are just no words... but there's video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7Y9iYf_uk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:41:33 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2012, 01:11:51 pm »

Figured this gay activist that apparently claimed gaybashers hurt him should have the true source of his injuries revealed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8Y9ffb3cCnY#![/youtube]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2185852/Joseph-Baken-claimed-beaten-gay-admits-police-receive-video-hitting-HIS-OWN-head-flipping-curb.html#ixzz233yAhgK1

waiting for it...

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:20:11 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19357.msg248076#msg248076

my values not yours...Nov.6. So sorry. Sad Kiss
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2012, 01:58:12 pm »

There are just no words... but there's video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7Y9iYf_uk[/youtube]

I was on laughing hysterically at this, and other takes< when I saw it on John Stewart. Here's those clips:

http://eater.com/archives/2012/08/08/watch-jon-stewart-take-on-fast-feud-nation.php
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:02:02 pm by guido911 » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2012, 08:52:51 am »

Chick-fil-A agrees to end anti-gay donations, mandates equal treatment of gays

http://tinyurl.com/94wlyu4

CHICAGO -- After months of negotiations with Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno over its anti-gay positions and donations, Chick-fil-A has agreed to cease donations from its non-profit charity to anti-gay organizations and issued a company-wide internal mandate calling for the equal treatment of all employees and customers.

WinShape, a non-profit funded by Chick-fil-A, has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT organizations — some classified hate groups — including Focus on the Family, according to The Civil Rights Agenda, which worked with Moreno and company executives in an advisory capacity as they negotiated to adopt new policies. Chick-fil-A did not respond to attempts to confirm the information.

“This is a win for the LGBT community,” Moreno said in a statement provided by TCRA. “This is a win for everyone who works for the cause of equal rights, and a win for Chick- fil-A. This is a win for all.”

The shift could ease intense opposition from the local LGBT community and the alderman that left many pitted against the restaurant chain’s plans to open a new location in the city.

“We are very pleased with this outcome and thank Ald. Moreno for his work on this issue,” said Anthony Martinez, executive director of TCRA. “I think the most substantive part of this outcome is that Chick-fil-A has ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights.”

The company outlined its shift in policy and practice in a letter addressed to Moreno (1st), who in July declared that he would block the popular fast food chain from opening a new location in his ward unless they changed their anti-gay policies. The letter, signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate reads, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”

So does that mean the support failed?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2012, 09:37:38 am »

Chick-fil-A agrees to end anti-gay donations, mandates equal treatment of gays

http://tinyurl.com/94wlyu4

So does that mean the support failed?

I think it means they must underestimated how many people in the gay community enjoyed tasty chikken before Dan Cathy stepped in it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »

All those lines couldn't offset the numbers that didn't line up.

(Ok, I admit it...I ate at Chic-Fil-A yesterday, and was ashamed all afternoon... but I had people in from out of town to entertain...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:21 am »

All those lines couldn't offset the numbers that didn't line up.

(Ok, I admit it...I ate at Chic-Fil-A yesterday, and was ashamed all afternoon... but I had people in from out of town to entertain...)

You entertained at Chic-Fil-A?  Really?  You must be a legendary tightwad.

Why not Flemings, at Utica Square? They even have a choice of indoor or outdoor restrooms.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2012, 10:00:16 am »

You entertained at Chic-Fil-A?  Really?  You must be a legendary tightwad.

Why not Flemings, at Utica Square? They even have a choice of indoor or outdoor restrooms.

The visitor has no access to CFA within about 75 miles of home, so...CFA it was.  We are both from same company, so he paid for himself.  And the company expense account police frown on very expensive lunches.  That's why they make so much money, hire so many people, and give us a relatively stable work environment.  And good stock appreciation.  Pretty cool.

I have friends and family who come to town and the first thing they want to do is go to Taco Bueno.  Go figure...

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2012, 10:05:20 am »

I have friends and family who come to town and the first thing they want to do is go to Taco Bueno.  Go figure...

that is common, I agree
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2012, 11:21:51 am »

I'm going to assume all the folks who waited in line at Chick-fil-a are lined up to help out East. 

It's the fried chicken thing to do.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:34 am »

Chick Fil A still going strong it seems...

http://twitchy.com/2013/03/28/libs-hardest-hit-people-set-up-tents-to-wait-for-chick-fil-a-grand-openings-in-nj-calif-and-utah-pics/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2013, 01:50:05 am »

that is common, I agree

My out of towners love Braums. Me. too.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2013, 08:48:00 am »

My out of towners love Braums. Me. too.

Breakfast bagel!!

And the malts!!!  That's why I have 30 lbs too many - it's all those malts I'm carrying around.... 

Only equaled by Mayfield's dairy in south/east US.  Same kind of local dairy company.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org