A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:52:04 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMOKE on Cherry Street  (Read 9107 times)
erfalf
City Father

« on: July 25, 2012, 07:58:08 am »

Location Being Reviewed: Cherry Street (only one)

Date/Time of Visit: Saturday, Lunch

Quality of Food (1-5): 5, easily

Quality of Service (1-5): 5, server knew his stuff and was extremely pleasant

Atmosphere (1-5): 5, used to like this place when it was JUST Bourbon Street Grill (not Jazmos)

Overall Rating (1-5): 5

Price ($-$$$$): $$, Since even fast food is almost $10/head, we spent $15/person before tip and we each had a “drink”. Along the lines of the Chili’s of the world.

What makes this restaurant unique?:

Aside from the smoking lounge which I will never use, it is the quality of food. They heavily rely on local produce. The menu items aren’t just the same old same old. They take the ordinary and put their twist on everything. The wait staff is incredibly well informed. I honestly haven’t had servers that were that good outside of Polo Grill and the likes.

Tell us about your experience:

My wife ordered the Smoked Pork Tacos. They had BBQ sauce on them and they were amazing (we share at new places ). Extremely tender pork (and my wife is not a huge pork fan). I had the lamb sliders…unbelievable! Pickled red onions and goat cheese topped the sliders.
When we arrived the waiter informed us that the bacon was not ready yet, so we would have to wait. They cure their own bacon apparently. I think next time I will wait. This is a quote from the website from the Chef de Cuisine Michelle “Michelle is on the line every night with Chef Erik putting her take on well-known dishes with a twist and adding as much color and bacon as possible.” Nice…

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:16:54 am »

I love the quality of their food. Wonderful meal, interesting menu items and well served. The bill though was way too steep for any event except where someone else is paying. The two of us were not able to get out under $75 including tip and we shared some items too. I believe we had steak.

You want to impress someone with your good taste and urban sophistication, this is the place.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:55:54 am »

Our impression as well.  Mrs. C and I did a Groupon with their five course chef tasting menu and came away very impressed.  It was a great way to see the range of the chef and it was very well-rounded.

We also picked up the next Groupon offer they put out for another tasting menu.  That’s a pretty economical way to do it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:40:23 am »

Our impression as well.  Mrs. C and I did a Groupon with their five course chef tasting menu and came away very impressed.  It was a great way to see the range of the chef and it was very well-rounded.

We also picked up the next Groupon offer they put out for another tasting menu.  That’s a pretty economical way to do it.

We love that place!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 10:56:37 am »

Small but solid beer selection.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

Small but solid beer selection.

The wine selection was excellent.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 11:35:34 am »

The wine selection was excellent.

Yes it is.  Scotch selection is good as well.

The smoking room is small but nice.  Very cozy for a smoke.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 12:31:34 pm »

It's my probably my #1 place!  The food is always PERFECT.  If the expense it too much for you, go at lunch!  The meals are just as yummy and prices more reasonably.   You could actually share most of the lunch items.

C, glad to know the flight was good, we have that same Groupon, need to use!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 12:43:42 pm »

It's my probably my #1 place!  The food is always PERFECT.  If the expense it too much for you, go at lunch!  The meals are just as yummy and prices more reasonably.   You could actually share most of the lunch items.

C, glad to know the flight was good, we have that same Groupon, need to use!

Can’t wait to go back for the next one.  Well, calorically speaking I probably could wait Wink

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:47:59 pm »

This is my favorite place in town.  I go there at least once a week.  I used to cook with Michelle Donaldson, their chef de cuisine, so she let's me know what's what with new dishes.  I got to consult on a new sandwich they are going to add to the menu soon (a drip lamb sandwich: dope!).  Additionally, they probs have the most attractive bar staff in town, which doesn't hurt.   Grin

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:17 pm »

I went today at brunch. I had the smoked trout salad. It was absolutely flawless. Great service as well. My only complaint is that there was a dearth of healthy options on the brunch and lunch menus.  You won't hear me complaining too loudly, because the healthy dish they did have was phenomenal.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 09:10:01 am »

We went back last week.  Easily the best cooked and seasoned salmon I've ever had.  They rock!

TMS
Citizen

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 02:52:53 pm »

We went back last week.  Easily the best cooked and seasoned salmon I've ever had.  They rock!

Darn, now I wish I had one of the groupons for it...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org