A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:29:11 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Knight Rises - discuss (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)  (Read 8291 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 06:55:19 pm »

Wha? I just replied to what William said.

OK, shame on you too Will.   Cool

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 07:39:22 pm »

OK, shame on you too Will.   Cool

Yea, but mine didn't count cause what I said was apparently completely wrong anyway so I punt the spoiler back to sgrizzle.  Grin

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »

Okay, now that I've seen the movie, the spoiler wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »

Okay, now that I've seen the movie, the spoiler wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 

See, it was as big a plot filler-in as you might think.

Aside from that, what were your thoughts?  Best of the three?  Least?  Meh?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 11:01:56 pm »

See, it was as big a plot filler-in as you might think.

Aside from that, what were your thoughts?  Best of the three?  Least?  Meh?
I actually liked it about the same as Dark Knight, which was a bit more than Begins.  They had such different flavors though, that I really had some problems as viewing them as the same franchise.  I do agree that it was a bit long, but hard to get the build up without the full time.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 07:14:38 am »

Thought it was an excellent movie. I keep telling people that are critical of it that it's not like it is Gone With the Wind or something, it's an action adventure movie. That being said, this will probably end up being better than a vast majority of the "serious" movies. Sad state of affairs that the movie business is in these days. And while I usually can't stand reboots (which everything else seems to be), this serious of batman movies has been a completely fresh take, and far more true to the comics than any of the previous iterations.

It is difficult to rank the three because they are all excellent movies. I still enjoy Begins (of course I think Liam is a bad donkey so... and much more of a complicated villain than the rest). The joker was unbelievably bad in TDK. And now it all tied up in this one. Rises definitely had far more twists and turns than the previous installments.

One of the interesting things about this one I noticed is that they seemed to film much more from New York (which I always thought was the inspirations for Gotham) than in the first two. That and there was way more fist fighting than before.

I find that it is extraordinarily difficult to talk about this movie with friends that haven't seen it without giving anything up. So I just say, you have to see it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org