A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:59:11 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Admiral Is Back  (Read 10093 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: June 16, 2012, 10:04:04 am »

The Admiral Drive-in is back, and on Friday night it was so busy Blake Smith had to start turning away cars at 7:pm. I work 2nd shift and driving home at 11:30 pm Easton street was still lined up with cars, both screens were rocking away, both lots full. I had to turn around and go another way to get home. Thursday night driving home both screens were running I guess Blake Smith was doing a test run of the drive-in to make sure everything was working.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:09:25 am »

I live just a block away from the Admiral and I'm happy to see it back, I was surprised at how long the re-building process took, I never thought putting up a drive-in screen was that much work, you don't know how much it's missed until you lose it. Tulsa is very lucky to have the Admiral back, not only for  historical reasons but movie-drive-in's are getting very rare nation wide, and now the Admiral is all new and modern with new projectors and a steel screen that can last forever. Thanks To Tulsa residents  caring enough to help re-build it. Smiley

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:09:55 am »

The Admiral Drive-in is back, and on Friday night it was so busy Blake Smith had to start turning away cars at 7:pm. I work 2nd shift and driving home at 11:30 pm Easton street was still lined up with cars, both screens were rocking away, both lots full. I had to turn around and go another way to get home. Thursday night driving home both screens were running I guess Blake Smith was doing a test run of the drive-in to make sure everything was working.

really?  I don't think anyone here knew anything about it...

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 01:05:28 pm »

I think it's great. I just wonder what Blake did to make the "hood" come break the place apart last month delaying the opening. He obviously made someone very angry.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 03:24:41 pm »

The Admiral Drive-in is back, and on Friday night it was so busy Blake Smith had to start turning away cars at 7:pm. I work 2nd shift and driving home at 11:30 pm Easton street was still lined up with cars, both screens were rocking away, both lots full. I had to turn around and go another way to get home. Thursday night driving home bcoth screens were running I guess Blake Smith was doing a test run of the drive-in to make sure everything was working.
The cars lined up along the street weren't there because the lot was full.  I drove by close to 11 and there were also a lot of spots still open on the west side. 
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 08:24:52 am »

The cars lined up along the street weren't there because the lot was full.  I drove by close to 11 and there were also a lot of spots still open on the west side. 

11 P.M. is usually the second feature and most people like me leave early to avoid being stuck on the lot at 12:30 or 1:00. And who needs Police interaction at that time of morning.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 02:00:47 pm »

11 P.M. is usually the second feature and most people like me leave early to avoid being stuck on the lot at 12:30 or 1:00. And who needs Police interaction at that time of morning.

Now now, too many people here will read too much into that...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:58:14 pm »

Both screens were rocking Thursday night when I drove by the place on my way home from work, the lot was pretty full. I'm glad it's back. It's more popular than ever and the screen is very clear. A drive in movie place is very rare to have. There are only about a handful nation-wide.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 11:52:25 am »

The new Admiral Drive-In is really getting to be popular and the "in" place to be in Tulsa. Both screens are still doing a double feature.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 12:29:33 pm »

The new Admiral Drive-In is really getting to be popular and the "in" place to be in Tulsa. Both screens are still doing a double feature.
they always have been a double feature.  Anyone from here knows that.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 03:29:34 pm »

Isn't every drive-in everywhere a double feature? I've been to at least 8-10 different ones across the country. All double features.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »

Isn't every drive-in everywhere a double feature? I've been to at least 8-10 different ones across the country. All double features.

Triple feature if you count the van doing a spring test in the space next to you.  Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 11:49:06 pm »

Triple feature if you count the van doing a spring test in the space next to you.  Shocked

Depends on who is in the van.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org