A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:47:39 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Who?  (Read 6853 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« on: July 18, 2012, 01:52:14 pm »

http://www.spinner.com/2012/07/18/the-who-quadrophenia-tour/

Valentine's Day at the BOK ARENA....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:11:41 pm »

I wish I could get more excited about it.  Their appearance on the Super Bowl half time show a few years back was almost comical.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:22:15 pm »

I wish I could get more excited about it.  Their appearance on the Super Bowl half time show a few years back was almost comical.

I miss Keith and John. Saw them several times and each time they stole my face....long time gone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »

I miss Keith and John. Saw them several times and each time they stole my face....long time gone.

I saw them in Dallass in ’83 several years after Moonie was gone.  I wish I could have seen the original line up, though they didn’t exactly suck when Kenny Jones was on the drums, just not the level of insanity Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »

Meh. Never been a fan. But of course I didn't really care for the Beatles or The Doors either.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »

Meh. Never been a fan. But of course I didn't really care for the Beatles or The Doors either.

Were you even born when Keith Moon was the world's greatest drummer?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 08:13:16 am »

Were you even born when Keith Moon was the world's greatest drummer?

I'm more of a Neil Peart, Carmine Appice, Cozy Powell, Ainsley Dunbar kind of listener. When it comes to drummers. Just the Who's overall music didn't appeal to me.
Never did get into the 50s and 60s Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Doo Whop, Doo Whop, type of sound. And yes I know with the bands like The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. The sound changed with the numorous psychedelic additives of the time. But in my opinion. Zepp and Floyd was the best of those four in changing their sound. So yes, I was alive and young but still had good taste in music as I do today.
I also was a D.J. at the Superfox 103.3 in the late 70s.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:14:57 am by DolfanBob » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 08:23:25 am »

I'm more of a Neil Peart, Carmine Appice, Cozy Powell, Ainsley Dunbar kind of listener. When it comes to drummers. Just the Who's overall music didn't appeal to me.
Never did get into the 50s and 60s Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Doo Whop, Doo Whop, type of sound. And yes I know with the bands like The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. The sound changed with the numorous psychedelic additives of the time. But in my opinion. Zepp and Floyd was the best of those four in changing their sound. So yes, I was alive and young but still had good taste in music as I do today.
I also was a D.J. at the Superfox 103.3 in the late 70s.

What was your on-air personality name?

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 08:29:08 am »

I was the late night Midnight to Six guy, and also all the Holiday's fill in slave. Scott Roberts. A combo of my middle and first name. I know kinda cheesy but what the heck. I was young and couldnt think of anything else.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:47:09 am »

I was the late night Midnight to Six guy, and also all the Holiday's fill in slave. Scott Roberts. A combo of my middle and first name. I know kinda cheesy but what the heck. I was young and couldnt think of anything else.

“Rice-A-Roni” never occurred to you? Wink

When I worked in the media in the early 1990’s I got to know a lot of the radio personalities.  No wonder some had radio names!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 03:34:40 pm »

Wow Pete. I thought you were famous for that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287967/Pete-Townshend-apologises-swearing-fan-7-father-concert.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org