A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:47:16 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: six flags looking at land between...  (Read 3437 times)
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« on: May 28, 2005, 07:05:55 am »

i know, i know, someone is going  to call bullsht.. but an associate of mine (he was not drunk and is immensely trustworthy), who knows i'm active on this board and have contacts in areas of interest in town, informs me that he was told by his neighbor (yes, this is a third party story and i have no idea if that guy was drunk/a reprobate) of a local radio station (he does not know which one, it could be the "radio" in his neighbor's head) carrying a blurb, yesterday, that six flags, inc. was in town looking at land between kimberly-clark and the aquarium...

mind you, he told me this hoping that i would be able to confirm/deny the story, he incorrectly assumed that i would have some insider info...

now, don't get me started on why i think that six flags would never do this but...

did anyone else hear this supposed information on the "radio"?
is this merely a case of life imitating the internet (i.e. did some confused office monkey pull the story from the theoretical ramblings of this board and the "tulsa needs tourism" thread)?
is this the tourism development that rwarn was hinting at but unable to cough up?
is it some convoluted version of reality but it is actually bells moving out there (however, that rumor is over two years old)?
is this simply crap?

have fun with this one...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 07:11:54 am by brunoflipper » Logged

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org