A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:54 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New York Cosmos are back. Can the Tulsa Roughnecks be far behind...?  (Read 37836 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2014, 09:51:15 pm »

Sounds like we need a riot to settle this
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2014, 10:09:27 pm »

I don't disrespect them for doing it. You are the one who can't accept another soccer team in town. You forget I went to Athletic games, I organized a crowd to go with me. I went on this forum and talked it up.

What changed was your attacks and your perception that the new team was the enemy.

I planned to support both teams until you went all hooligan. When the commenters on the newspaper coverage started attacking me for being excited about another team and you defended them, you lost me as a supporter.

Keep painting that fence and believing it makes you the better soccer program. To the rest of us, it is just paint.

You lost my support when you belittled the grassroots efforts of Sonny and Dr. Kern.
The Drillers have lost my support because it's become clear to me that they're in the soccer business for all the wrong reasons.

And the mularkey you resort to by misusing the term "hooligan" is about as stupid as when you insisted that a "soccer specific stadium" could only be used for soccer.
People have argued on websites about all sorts of things.... but because you got your widdle feewings hurt, you brand anyone critical of you as a "hooligan."

Lighten up, Francis.
For the record, the only people who've "brought back the Roughnecks" are Sonny and Dr. Kern...
Coach Joey ...   http://www.nasljerseys.com/Players/R/Ryan.Joe.htm

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:12:38 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2014, 04:55:31 pm »

Check this out Ruf.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Perfection/tulsa-roughnecks?ref=city

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 05:59:50 pm »

Makes me smile..... and so does this..... the field at 15th and Yale will be widened and lengthened, putting the pitch even closer to the seats....

Last season......

This season......

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:07:42 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2014, 08:08:59 pm »

Makes me smile..... and so does this..... the field at 15th and Yale will be widened and lengthened, putting the pitch even closer to the seats....

Last season......

This season......

Where’s the three thumbs up emoji when you need it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:05 pm »

But wait.... there's more....

and.... the Tulsa Ultras have a BBQ sponsor.....

We are proud to announce our partnership with Burn Co Barbecue and Grill! They will be providing our members food at select tailgates this year! Please make sure to get out and support them. They are located at 18th and Boston. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 10:45-2:30pm!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2014, 11:08:15 pm »

Sounds like we need a riot to settle this

That WOULD be the soccer fan way, wouldn't it?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 09:46:27 pm »

That WOULD be the soccer fan way, wouldn't it?

No.
 It wouldn't.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:43:32 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2014, 07:13:24 am »

No.
 It wouldn't.

He meant in Europe and Mexico. And it would be Futbol Fans.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2014, 02:18:14 pm »

Not as much in the US.... just 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013.  We are relatively civilized...well, except for that whole hockey and MMA stuff....violence is just built in as an accessory.

The rest of the world....what a mess!  True bedlam as compared to OSU/OU bedlam...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism#United_States_and_Canada

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »

I'm trying to remember the last time a whole side of bleachers collapsed in the U.S. during a Soccer match?
But that may be the whole excitement factor before the all out brawl happens.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2014, 04:57:41 pm »

I'm trying to remember the last time a whole side of bleachers collapsed in the U.S. during a Soccer match?
But that may be the whole excitement factor before the all out brawl happens.

We have better building codes than the places where they collapse...mostly...

We also have better behaved hooligans for the most part....comparatively.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2014, 09:45:42 pm »

Tulsa Athletics soccer will host U.S. Open Cup in May
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/soccer/tulsa-athletics-soccer-will-host-u-s-open-cup-in/article_5f6de024-7d13-5fa3-bcc6-65efcc47bef0.html

2014 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Kicks Off May 7
Apr 24, 2014
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/04/24/09/27/140424-usoc-2014-tournament-announcement
Tournament Format and Match DatesThe 2014 U.S. Open Cup will be conducted on a single-elimination, one-game-knockout basis utilizing a tiered-bracket format. Teams will be paired geographically. In the event that three or more teams are from the same proximity, pairings for these teams will be made by random selection. Pairings will be arranged to prevent the possibility of a lower division team playing a parent club (e.g. Portland Timbers U-23s [PDL] will not be pitted against the Portland Timbers [MLS], should both teams be in the competition in the same round) except for the Final.

First Round—May 7 (16 amateur teams: 5 PDL, 4 USASA regional qualifiers, 5 NPSL, 1 US Club Soccer, 1 USSSA): Teams from the same qualifying pool cannot be paired with each other.

Second Round —May 14 (8 First Round winners, 26 remaining amateur teams [14 PDL, 6 USASA regional qualifiers, 6 NPSL, and 14 Division III [USL] clubs): Teams from the same qualifying pool cannot be paired with each other.

Third Round—May 28 (24 Second Round winners and 8 Division II [NASL] clubs): Each Division II team will be matched geographically to play the winner of a specific Second Round pairing. The winners of the 16 remaining Second Round matches not paired with a Division II side will play each other.

Fourth Round—June 10-18 (16 Third Round winners vs. Division I [MLS] clubs): Each Division I team will be matched geographically to play the winner of a specific Third Round pairing. The exact date for each match will be determined by the club selected as the home team from among those dates where the visiting team doesn’t have a league game already scheduled. The date selected must allow the visiting team at least two rest days before and after the match date.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:31:43 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2014, 12:43:53 pm »

It looks like things are about to get interesting in Tulsa:

Tulsa Athletics officials in discussions with NASL for pro soccer status

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/soccer/tulsa-athletics-officials-in-discussions-with-nasl-for-pro-soccer/article_516c8411-c551-5d95-b8d2-7e7f13be80cb.html

Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:00 am | Updated: 12:56 pm, Thu May 1, 2014.
By JOHN TRANCHINA World Correspondent

Tulsa Athletics co-owner Sonny Dalesandro, whose team will play USL-Pro's Oklahoma City Energy FC in a U.S. Open Cup match in May, says his soccer club has professional aspirations.

The Athletics, who compete as an amateur summer team in the National Professional Soccer League, say they are in discussions with the North American Soccer League, one of two professional soccer leagues a rung below Major League Soccer.

The Tulsa Roughnecks FC, backed by the Tulsa Drillers ownership group, are scheduled to begin play in USL-Pro (the other pro league below MLS) in 2015 at ONEOK Field.

"They've (NASL officials) been to Tulsa on a couple of occasions, and our field now meets the standards of the NASL," Dalesandro said Wednesday. "We stated about a year ago that our goal wasn't to start and end in the NPSL, and we're going to continue to press in the right direction to bring a major league sports franchise here."

The Athletics play the OKC Energy at 7:30 p.m. May 14 at Drillers Stadium, which has been renamed Athletics Stadium. The U.S. Open is the soccer championship of the United States.

The Athletics, who kick off their second NPSL season at home Friday against the Fort Worth Vaqueros, have worked to make Athletics Stadium more soccer-friendly, including a fresh green paint job and taking out some bleachers to stretch the field from 103 yards to the international standard of 110 yards.

"We are continuing to develop this stadium into the finest soccer-specific stadium that we can in Tulsa right now," Dalesandro said.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2014, 01:03:40 pm »

I’d noticed a lot of activity over there when coming or going from Lowe’s the last couple of weeks.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org