A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:49:38 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Tulsa Art of BBQ  (Read 24699 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:49 pm »

I wasn't aware of the location changes.   Maybe an email sent to the judges might help otherwise we will all be trying to get into the ballpark.   Personally, I am looking forward to the change and am thinking about that party on Friday night.   

Andrea will be contacting you with your judging package in the next week or so.  It will show you where to go and where your parking is.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 08:41:26 am »

Thanks,  looking forward to one of the best events that happens in Tulsa.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 09:10:44 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=39&articleid=20120919_39_D1_CUTLIN873843

We did Ribs for Fox 23 news this morning if you missed it, and I discussed some availability at the event.  We have a couple of spots left, so if you have a team, church group, company or civic organization that would like to compete, you can visit the www.tulsaartofbbq.com website, contact me, or the Arts and Humanities Council to sign up.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 09:34:01 am »

Hey Gassy. How does the 25 dollar ticket work at the Harvest festival?
Is it a all you can "Drunk" ticket?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 09:52:03 am »

No clue.  We typically "all we can drunk" at our site, unfortunately, all we drink is Old Style and Tequila.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 09:56:35 am »

all we drink is Old Style and Tequila.

OUCH!  Bad hangover material.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 10:00:27 am »

from their web site 
012 Harvest Beer Festival
Tickets now on sale at www.ticketstorm.com or at the pub!

We will close down Elgin between 1st and the railroad tracks for our 3rd annual Harvest Beer Festival.  The event will start at noon and end at 10pm.  Email amanda@mcnellies.com for more information.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 10:11:33 am »

Oh, and FYI, Marshall's Heffeweisen is simply amazing.  I am not a Heffe fan at all, but Eric changed my beer paradigm again.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:09 am »

Oh, and FYI, Marshall's Heffeweisen is simply amazing.  I am not a Heffe fan at all, but Eric changed my beer paradigm again.

Is that new?  Or is that his offering that was exclusive to the ballpark this year?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 10:50:16 am »

Is that new?  Or is that his offering that was exclusive to the ballpark this year?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

There were complimentary kegs of it at the MS-150 camp in Chandler on Saturday night, not sure if it's a current brew or left-over.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 07:54:34 am »

COME AND SEE US!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 08:03:30 am »

It was a great time!  Thanks to everyone that came out to see us.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120923_11_A8_CUTLIN643039

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 08:16:27 am »

Congrats on the win!

MC and I ventured downtown a little after noon on Saturday.  The original idea was lunch at Glendi, sample at the Harvest Beer Festival, then BBQ in the Blue Dome for dinner.  Glendi was over-crowded and since we both were starving after long bike rides figured we would get sampler kits and have BBQ for lunch.  I should have thought to check earlier about when the tasting kits went on sale as they had sold out 15 minutes before we got there.  No big deal, McNellies wasn't terribly crowded and sweet potato fries are good recovery food anyhow Wink

We wandered back over to the beer festival, then did a walking tour of the Brady to see all the new development.  We figured after that we would wander back through the BBQ festival but were mystified to see AOB being dismantled by mid-afternoon.  So that basically meant going back to the Harvest Beer Festival for more sampling.  All was not lost.

I realize many teams travel a good distance to get to competitions, and are probably anxious to head back home after judging but is there any way to extend the festival on into Saturday night?  What I mean is with BBQ vendors and live music or something along those lines.  Just something to think about.  Certainly not complaining, it just seems that the AHC is missing out on more fund-raising by not taking advantage of two weekend nights.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 09:09:01 am »

Congrats on the win!

MC and I ventured downtown a little after noon on Saturday.  The original idea was lunch at Glendi, sample at the Harvest Beer Festival, then BBQ in the Blue Dome for dinner.  Glendi was over-crowded and since we both were starving after long bike rides figured we would get sampler kits and have BBQ for lunch.  I should have thought to check earlier about when the tasting kits went on sale as they had sold out 15 minutes before we got there.  No big deal, McNellies wasn't terribly crowded and sweet potato fries are good recovery food anyhow Wink

We wandered back over to the beer festival, then did a walking tour of the Brady to see all the new development.  We figured after that we would wander back through the BBQ festival but were mystified to see AOB being dismantled by mid-afternoon.  So that basically meant going back to the Harvest Beer Festival for more sampling.  All was not lost.

I realize many teams travel a good distance to get to competitions, and are probably anxious to head back home after judging but is there any way to extend the festival on into Saturday night?  What I mean is with BBQ vendors and live music or something along those lines.  Just something to think about.  Certainly not complaining, it just seems that the AHC is missing out on more fund-raising by not taking advantage of two weekend nights.

Once the judging and awards are done, the teams hit the road.  By that time we've all been up for over 24+ hours and are either happy or very sad! 
Friday night and Saturday morning/noon that's just the way it works.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 09:09:11 am »

Same here. I got to AOBBQ at 1:30 and it was over.

I did go back downtown to the Harvest Beer Festival at 8PM and it had devolved into a drunk fest. Still had a good time though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org